broken wheelchair-manufacturer doesn't have the part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken wheelchair-manufacturer doesn't have the part

I have a quickie p210 that is 6 years old... yesterday the actuator on the recline system went out & quickie no longer makes these actuator. The person at quickie told my wheelchair people that they have 15 days to either find one or make a new one special... does this make sense?

I'm guessing people will suggest I just get a new chair... I'm just beginning that process so I likely won't have the new one for 4 to 6 months... so I need this chair fixed regardless and fast.

Are there any other places to find one of these things? Salvaged parts places or something?

Thanks for any suggestions

post at www.wheelchairjunkie.com
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321
      I signed up a year ago and still cant post therre, not great advice

Comment

Is there another medical supply shop in your area? Sometimes other shops have spare parts they can use for wheelchairs while they are waiting for a part to come in.

Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321
          If you want...I am a member of wheelchair junkie and I can post your question if you would like.
          "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

I would look on the actuator and see if there's some info (manufactures name, part/model number) on it. More than likely it's not just for a Quickie wheelchair but has other applications.

Comment

Originally posted by jessie.gray
              Is there another medical supply shop in your area? Sometimes other shops have spare parts they can use for wheelchairs while they are waiting for a part to come in.

Jessie
              I've started calling other wheelchair places today
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wheeliecoach
                If you want...I am a member of wheelchair junkie and I can post your question if you would like.
                thanks, I just heard from the repair shop & I think the part will be in the end of next week so I think the post to wheelchair junkie is unnecessary... thanks much for the offer though

Comment

Working...
                X