Memory Foam or J2 Cushion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Foam or J2 Cushion.

Hi i use a j2 cushion in my wheelchair,what do you use,would memory foam be better,Maxx.

There are many different cushions and there is no way to tell if a cushion that is right for someone else would be right for you. The best thing to do is to have computerized interface pressure testing done with a variety of cushions and an experienced OT or PT who does seating evaluations to determine which cushion would best meet your posture and pressure reduction needs.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I've had a J2 for 2 1/2 years and had no problems.
      Go Georgia Bulldogs

Comment

i have a stimulite classic that feels pretty hard but have had no problems. i feel most comfy on my jay2/ 7 yrs. i have a memory foam cushion also and it feels like i bottom out.

if you can get pres. mapped that sounds like the way to go. they didn't have this when i got hurt in 01.

Comment

We have been doing pressure mapping for seating routinely since 1989, and I first worked with it in 1983. Major centers have had it available for many years.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
            We have been doing pressure mapping for seating routinely since 1989, and I first worked with it in 1983. Major centers have had it available for many years.

(KLD)
            i adore you nurse, kld.

i was at shepherds center in atlanta....,june 2001. nobody ever mentioned pressure mapping to me or anybody i associated with.

i'll be the first to admit that carecure has taught me more than any rehab could. i never/ever even heard of pressure mapping until about 2 yrs ago in which i heard about it here.

GODALMIGHTY...i wish i knew of carecure when i first got hurt. i would've been in WAYYYY!! better health than i am now. maybe i'll last a few more years now that i have learnt more basics of sci life than shepherds center taught me.

Comment

Working...
            X