brand new turny seat screaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brand new turny seat screaming

Hi All I haven't been here in years. I got a new van with help from voc rehab, a 2020 Pacifica. It has a brand new 6 way turny seat that screams when you use it. They are telling me this is normal now and that they sound like that. I have had 4 vans with turny seats over the years and never have I heard so much noise. ANyone else have a new one and hear this? It wakes the baby!

Also does anyone know how to disable the beeping from the passive interlock? I travel a LOT and sometimes need to sleep in there for a while or do a weight shift and I go absolutely insane listening to that. Sometimes it is too cold to not have your heat on for a while. Plus this sound really realy wakes the sleeping baby which you never want to do. Is there an alternative or do they all have this?

So far I hate this turny seat and would take back my raggedy 2007 van over this.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

take it to a local mechanic. they should be able to disable the beeper. call the manufacturer of the seat to ask about the noise. spray silicone everywhere underneath to see if that helps the noise.

Comment

I think whoever told you that is now the standard noise is blowing smoke, there's no way a mechanism "needs" to make noise. You may have to elevate this to Braun cuz it actually could be damaging the unit.

Not exactly the same but, I have a B&D transfer seat, and it has(d) an alarm if the seat is not in its driving position when the engine is running. This didn't work for me as I leave the van running while transferring and getting ready to get out, gotta have that ac in Tx summer. I was informed by somebody that the B&D seat has two new fuses that are added into the Braun fuse box(not the factory one). Mine was at floor level hidden behind the center dashboard cover. I was told, pull one of the fuses, if your seat still works then you're done, if it doesn't work put it back and pull the other one. Haven't had that annoying beep for a long time now.
      "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Thanks McDuff. This is what I was looking for. It is an awful sound. I have called Braun about the seat noise.
        If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

What is VOC rehab and how do you get them to help. I have had no luck getting help my van in a 1995

Comment

Originally posted by sissy53 View Post
            What is VOC rehab and how do you get them to help. I have had no luck getting help my van in a 1995

VOC Rehab usually stands for “Vocational Rehabilitation Services”.
            lit looks like you are in Virginia. VA use to have the, “Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services” = VOC Rehab. The main mission is to help people obtain and retain employment.

In recent years the State / Commonwealth has combined aging and rehabilitation services forming the “Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services “ (DARs).
            https://www.dars.virginia.gov/#gsc.tab=0

Another possibility with equipment assistance is the Virginia Assistive Technology Loan Fund. It may be worth trying to give them a call. If they can’t assist they may have some ideas.
            https://www.atlfa.org/

Comment

Working...
            X