V.A. Funding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V.A. Funding...

Working with someone that got a new chair funded by the VA (Veterans Administration)

Has anyone ever got funding for vehicle lifts or van modification...? He’s being told they do that too?

they should get hold of the service officer, maybe the local PVA. i think they will provide a lift if you're service connected, but not the vehicle. i've been told they will teach you to use hand controls but not provide them. my advice is always get hold of your US senator and congressman.

Comment

The handful of folks I know around here, who are fully service connected, don't ever seem to want for much, gear wise. Not just everyday chairs, but sports chairs, exercise equipment, vehicle mods, etc. 2 of them ride Panthera X carbon chairs from the VA.
      "I have great faith in fools; ‘self-confidence’, my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thank you...lets see what happens

Comment

Non-Service connected veterans (NSC) are only eligible for modifications that allow them to be a passenger in a van...so a lift or ramp, and tie-downs is about it. SC (Service connected) veterans with a SCI are entitled to the modifications that allow them to be either a passenger or driver, as long as they are covered modifications.

The latter is currently a one-in-a-lifetime benefit, but the PVA is currently pushing for legislation (AUTO for Veterans Act (H.R. 1361/S. 444) that would give NSC veterans the same benefits in this area as SC, and would allow SC veterans to get a new van (which they must still purchase) modifed every 10 years.

Best to talk to the PVA NSO about this and progress being made on the legislation.
          https://pva.org/wp-content/uploads/2...-AAE_FINAL.pdf

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by RollinPositive View Post
            Working with someone that got a new chair funded by the VA (Veterans Administration)

Has anyone ever got funding for vehicle lifts or van modification...? He’s being told they do that too?
            Ya'll done know that I know nothing...
            Already great info posted.
            However, I wanted throw in my 2...
            I' am thinking you're in AZ and by chance if the person your assisting is too, be sure to contact PVA like others posted.
            If things don't turn out well and need any DME including wound care, ostomy supplies, chairs, vehicle hand controls, household goods and any thing that might be donated like equipped vehicles contact them concerning Loan Closet. This one says they have largest in state. It's in Phoenix 602-244-9168.
            'Good Luck' to you and person you're assisting! We all can use all the help we can find!

Comment

Hey Mike thanks as always you are correct they are in Arizona so big help...

Comment

Working...
              X