ATC conversions trucks reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATC conversions trucks reviews

Anyone drive one of these trucks Silverado or GMC Sierra?
    How's the customer service if anything goes wrong?
    Has anything gone wrong with your conversion?
    Are you happy with the conversion?
    Has anything ever gone wrong where you got stuck? How was it when meeting?
    ​​​​​​ Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Click image for larger version  Name:	GMC 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	878.2 KB ID:	2909806
    This my 21 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L 4x4 I received in Feb. converted by ATC.
    It’s my 30 yr. post SCI anniversary present to myself. It was time to get out of a minivan.

So far it only has 1500 miles on it with no problems. This conversion has the new 3rd generation
    hydraulic pumps under the back seat. ATC supplies an electric drill which you can attach to the pumps to manually operate the hydraulic pumps to get you out of the truck in case of problem. (not tested yet)

I purchased the truck myself from a GMC dealer and then went through my local mobility dealer for the conversion. They also bought my Honda VMI minivan. The dealer installed the hand controls, floor lock and added a custom arm rest. ATC does not install hand controls or floor locks.

As you probably know these conversions are not all the same as far as the fit for your wheelchair.
    If your buying a new truck to be converted you should first contact ATC and get a chair measuring guide to fill out so they can verify you and your chair will fit the truck. If your buying a used converted truck make sure you personally test the truck so your wheelchair fits.
    Last edited by Junkyarddog; 28 May 2021, 8:08 PM.

Comment

Super sweet ride. I'm in the market for a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 at the moment. It is used with 30k miles and I'm just crossing my fingers that my power share will fit. If not I will cry. LoL. I'm getting a pretty good deal at 45.5k which is why I'm going to just figure out the fitting with my chair afterwards. I was going to get a 2019 gmc Sierra for 63k but I figured it's only one year newer but 18k more which isn't worth the extra in my opinion. How much was yours after mods? Looks like 75k or so. How long did the atc modifications take? Are you happy with ATC as a company?

Comment

• Junkyarddog
        Junkyarddog commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll be happy with the 2018 as long as you chair fits. Maybe you can get the trucks vin number and contact ATC so they can look up the build measurements. Fill out the chair measuring guide from ATC with you in your chair and give it to ATC so they can confirm you will fit.

My truck build was 4 weeks. Unless you live in Indiana where ATC is you will most likely have a local mobility dealer work on the truck.

Originally posted by Junkyarddog View Post
      Click image for larger version Name:	GMC 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	878.2 KB ID:	2909806
      This my 21 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L 4x4 I received in Feb. converted by ATC.
      It’s my 30 yr. post SCI anniversary present to myself. It was time to get out of a minivan.

So far it only has 1500 miles on it with no problems. This conversion has the new 3rd generation
      hydraulic pumps under the back seat. ATC supplies an electric drill which you can attach to the pumps to manually operate the hydraulic pumps to get you out of the truck in case of problem. (not tested yet)

I purchased the truck myself from a GMC dealer and then went through my local mobility dealer for the conversion. They also bought my Honda VMI minivan. The dealer installed the hand controls, floor lock and added a custom arm rest. ATC does not install hand controls or floor locks.

As you probably know these conversions are not all the same as far as the fit for your wheelchair.
      If your buying a new truck to be converted you should first contact ATC and get a chair measuring guide to fill out so they can verify you and your chair will fit the truck. If your buying a used converted truck make sure you personally test the truck so your wheelchair fits.
      Sweet looking truck!

Comment

If you have a problem, you can always call them and they'll walk you through any technical difficulties. They will also ship you parts. Great customer service.

Comment

Any updates to this? I’m looking at their suvs

Comment

• wheelin 48
            wheelin 48 commented
            Editing a comment
            me too or maybe a truck

Originally posted by RJC View Post
          Any updates to this? I’m looking at their suvs
          I just received a Traverse. Can't really offer a review yet, but I can answer questions you might have.
          C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by Kulea View Post

I just received a Traverse. Can't really offer a review yet, but I can answer questions you might have.
            is there room for a transfer seat in the traverse or do you have to drive from chair
            to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post

is there room for a transfer seat in the traverse or do you have to drive from chair
              Yes, I am working on getting one installed. Apparently, ATC used to do it themselves, but haven't been able to get cooperation from Braun now, since they are seen as a competitor. The vehicle comes with the floor lowered all the way forward to just behind the pedals. The seats are mounted on rolling pedestals that seem to raise their tracks back to the original height. The power seat base should normally be mounted to the pedestal. The center console has been shortened, so it doesn't extend back the length of the seats. The drivers belt attachment is still attached to the seat, so all is good there. There is another belt attachment on the floor, about midway between the seats. This one is flexible, to be used for normal passenger, or wheelchair rider in passenger seat area, or, presumably, wheelchair driver. In the rear area, I think I can barely rotate my power wheelchair, if the seats are in. I'm not sure about when the transfer seat is installed. I am thinking I will just back up the ramp, it isn't too uncomfortable.
              C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

I drive from my chair. A little bit tight fit. I see you live in Illinois. If you’d like to take a look at mine I don’t know how far away you are but you can PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cementhead View Post

I drive from my chair. A little bit tight fit. I see you live in Illinois. If you’d like to take a look at mine I don’t know how far away you are but you can PM me.
                  thanks im not far from stlouis so it would be a bit far
                  to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

thanks im not far from stlouis so it would be a bit far
                    OK, if you change your mind let me know I’m actually thinking about selling it because I’m having a lot of medical issues and I’m not gonna be driving myself much anymore I think.

Comment

I recently got a 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 on the road, around 2k miles. I have not had many issues with the ATC package however the fuel injector went bad on the vehicle and it left me stranded on the side of the road in SC. The fuel injector is on backorder so I am without my truck for a few weeks.

Comment

sweet ride

Comment

Working...
                        X