Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kevin everett comes home.

http://www.kbmt12.com/news/local/16865666.html

im debating if i should go out there, meet him, and school him on the real sci life style.

yeah, do that.

Originally posted by DA
    http://www.kbmt12.com/news/local/16865666.html

im debating if i should go out there, meet him, and school him on the real sci life style.
    That's a good idea, do that, he might appreciate to know what kinda bullet he dodged.

Comment

it sounds like he has no clue, especially when they do the pure determination and never give up bull shit.
      there really should be a unified response when journalist's use these terms.
      cauda equina

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time trying to get in contact with him. The guy has sounded full of himself when i've heard him speak.

Comment

Kevin's own word's in that interview, "I was just real fortunate," yes he was/is. I had followed this story a little, but this was the first interview I watched. Does he have a brain injury?
          "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Comment

Do it DA! And take pictures!
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Yes Da, if you can do it!!
              In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Go for it DA!

Comment

Originally posted by watchthisbaby
                  Kevin's own word's in that interview, "I was just real fortunate," yes he was/is.
                  Exactly. He also credits medical intervention. What more do you people want? Do you seriously think that in all the months of rehab that he's had, he has not met people with serious SCIs? Get over yourselves. Shoving your gimpy butt in his face and trying to make him feel guilty for having the audacity to recover is just ridiculous. What would be the point?

C.

Comment

honestly i do not envy the guy ....but i would love to see his medical records...was he lucky or was he cured ?a fracture of the bones only or a damaged spinal cord?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                      Exactly. He also credits medical intervention. What more do you people want? Do you seriously think that in all the months of rehab that he's had, he has not met people with serious SCIs? Get over yourselves. Shoving your gimpy butt in his face and trying to make him feel guilty for having the audacity to recover is just ridiculous. What would be the point?

C.
                      TR,
                      I doubt if DA's plan was to shove his gimpy butt in
                      KE's face. DA was injured playing football.
                      Perhaps KE would consider helping with raising funds or awareness even though he is not paralyzed? Maybe that is the point.

Lance Armstrong even though he has been cured of his cancer WANTS to help those not as fortunate. So many do.

I think DA should contact him. Maybe noone in rehab.
                      asked him to help. If he wishes to just wave good-bye..nobody would stop him. BUT maybe he really would find it satisfying to help. Some people do you know.
                      Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing

C.
                        Well Tiger,

Kevin Everett is in a position from which he could do some effective advocacy to help us. I am not sure he is aware of this. We should tell him about that, and, if he has a heart, he should help us.
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Here's a link if your interested Adi http://http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news_5221.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lindox
                            I doubt if DA's plan was to shove his gimpy butt in
                            KE's face. DA was injured playing football.
                            Perhaps KE would consider helping with raising funds or awareness even though he is not paralyzed? Maybe that is the point.
                            You think the tone of that first post indicated that DA plans to respectfully approach Everett, congratulate him on his recovery and ask him to gear his charity and fundraising work towards SCI research? That's not what I got from his plan to "school" Everett, but I will gladly listen to DA clarify his intent.

Maybe noone in rehab. asked him to help. If he wishes to just wave good-bye..nobody would stop him. BUT maybe he really would find it satisfying to help. Some people do you know.
                            I hope you're not implying that I don't care to help. Besides that, do you know that Everett is not and has no plans in this area already? From what I've heard, he's already involved in a number of different charity efforts. It's not like the guy is sitting on a pile of money at home, laughing at homeless people or anything.

C.

Comment

Kevin Everett is in a position from which he could do some effective advocacy to help us. I am not sure he is aware of this. We should tell him about that, and, if he has a heart, he should help us.
                              I agree Kevin Everett is in a great position to help advocate for SCI, and maybe he isn't aware of this. Whether he chooses to do so or not is his decision. I wouldn't say the man doesn't have a heart if he didn't. I watched the clip yesterday so I'm going off memory, but I thought he had done some football camps for kids previously. Sounds like a heartless b***ard to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X