Dolly Cloner Abandons SCNT, Joins Dark Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leif, are you serious?

I have always been pro-SCI research, which you have taken me to task for before. ("What about ESCs?") Here I'm talking about pluripotent stem cells and my dedication to curing SCI is questioned?

The peanuts were meant to be boiled in water, not alcohol.

I think the stem cell debate hampered most any political discussion related to medical research, so I think this development will allow things to move forward more quickly.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards
      These iPS cell lines could be used to develop a working model of the spinal cord to used for testing of treatments, as one example.

A genetically diverse array of iPS lines could be used to look for variations in treatment effectiveness. iPS lines could be created to model diseases like SMA, which may provide unique insights relevant to motor neurons. MS lines could be created for research as well, along with any other autoimmune disease that attacks the CNS.
      Denmark has gene modified pig eggs for some years with Alzheimer and made those pigs grow to adults to test; this is not new in gene manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
        Denmark has gene modified pig eggs for some years with Alzheimer and made those pigs grow to adults to test; this is not new in gene manipulation.
        Yay Denmark!

You do realize pigs and humans are different?

Fetal pig cells were transplanted in humans with SCI with the hope of of offering some benefit, but to no avail. (Diacrin)
        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Leif, are you serious?

I have always been pro-SCI research, which you have taken me to task for before. ("What about ESCs?") Here I'm talking about pluripotent stem cells and my dedication to curing SCI is questioned?

The peanuts were meant to be boiled in water, not alcohol.

I think the stem cell debate hampered most any political discussion related to medical research, so I think this development will allow things to move forward more quickly.
          • It is maybe pluripotent. Then if good as such if proven, will you boot hESC researc to find out about this orignally pluropotensy?
          • Stem cell debate; has noting to do with political nor med. debates as such, well definetely not here, evangelicals comes more to mind. But Christian bishops voted 9-11 for hESC research for the better than to dump stem cells (or to be dumped one might say) lol.
          • Quickly; to the dark side maybe, but Japs found out of this you know, first.
          • Peanuts; I’ll look at that recipe of yours some time (and give feed-back if it was ok).
          Meanwhile, later, and take care – oh how did thath turkey skin go

Comment

Leif, they are pluripotent. Yamanaka's paper proved it, as did Yu's.

I know it happened in Japan first, which I have said.

Turkey day is tomorrow, so I'll let you know. Enjoy the peanuts!

Comment

Leif, they are pluripotent. Yamanaka's paper proved it, as did Yu's.
              So what you are saying here is that they are as good as real hESC, then, does that mean that Bush and Co. and the Catholics now supports human embryonic stem cell research and even cloning without knowing it? How great, Bush and Co. will pore more money into the ESCR field now. Right?

Comment

Working...
              X