did you know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you know...

the wealthiest country in human history will not pay the one time $1billion to cure paralysis caused by sci.

Originally posted by DA
    the wealthiest country in human history will not pay the one time $1billion to cure paralysis caused by sci.
    why not?......is too much?

Comment

Originally posted by DA
      Do you want to pay more tax
      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by DA
        I think about that all the time. What is money? At sums like 1b it isn't even real, someone could put it up. It infuriates me that a cure is a reality, but we have to grovel and beg congress for scraps. The human heart is seriously misaligned.

Comment

Originally posted by alpentalic
          I think about that all the time. What is money? At sums like 1b it isn't even real, someone could put it up. It infuriates me that a cure is a reality, but we have to grovel and beg congress for scraps. The human heart is seriously misaligned.
          not just congress. the fortune 400 list came out the other day. this list is the 400 riches ppl in the usa. if i had $1 billion, i would not make the list. add up all the money from this group, easily over $1 trillion.

Comment

And your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais
              And your point?
              todd are you are really that stupid? if so, ignore this thread. my point is clear to those who count. those who no longer willing to accept sci as their fate.

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                We can't, all our credit cards are maxed out. Maybe we should ask China to extend our credit limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                  We can't, all our credit cards are maxed out. Maybe we should ask China to extend our credit limit.
                  they have to care first. the sci community needs to get this Gilligan "they will rescue us" mentallity out of our heads. nobody cares about us. the Everett story proved that.

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                    they have to care first. the sci community needs to get this Gilligan "they will rescue us" mentallity out of our heads. nobody cares about us. the Everett story proved that.
                    If "nobody cares," who do we send the billion dollars to to help us? The researchers, I believe are doing the best they can with the resources they have to help find a cure. We just need to be patient. We are not the only ones who are in need. I understand your frustration though.

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                      Hear hear. SCI is a feelgood newsclip story. "Oh-no! Neck broke worst thing ever - wait - wiggled his toes - phew! relief they'll cure it someday, he's pratically walking...he'll make a great rugby player." Yes life goes on but it isn't like trying to solve time travel or some impossibility. Restorative cures are waiting to be had but we sit and accept this "life" in our chairs.

Comment

Preaching to the choir here. It's how loud we are to our governments, to our media, to our families, coworkers and friends. Someone mentioned a letter to the editor lately, I try to get two per year in. I write my government about once a year. I try to donate to different SCI causes about four or five times a year. Not very much I know - I should do more.

The Everett thing was bittersweet. No one should have to live with paralysis and I'm glad there's something for acutes at least. We still don't know the full story of what his injury was, what he's been left with, etc. If anything, this should motivate us to make sure ambulances carry MP on them ... Christ they carry epi-pens! Sometimes it takes hours to get someone out of a wreakage.

I honestly think something will happen before 2010. I have faith. Faith means it's based in belief and not evidence ... but let's keep pushing the public's buttons and sooner or later we're going to hit that jackpot!
                        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

if something don't happen before 2010 i will become a biger terorist then bin laden and sadam, maybe something like hitler(only in wchair)? ill start in europe and then move to usa... sci teror lol
                          http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                            not just congress. the fortune 400 list came out the other day. this list is the 400 riches ppl in the usa. if i had $1 billion, i would not make the list. add up all the money from this group, easily over $1 trillion.
                            Other than that you are pissed off, what argument do you present to these wealthy people to convince them to part with their money to help you and me? Most of them do give large sums to charitable causes. We must shoulder some responsibility for not presenting our case effectively. Your methods remind me of an old joke.

Guy sees an attractive woman and yells "Hey C*nt, do you f*ck?" She replies, "not until now, smooth talker."
                            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old
                              Other than that you are pissed off, what argument do you present to these wealthy people to convince them to part with their money to help you and me? Most of them do give large sums to charitable causes. We must shoulder some responsibility for not presenting our case effectively. Your methods remind me of an old joke.

Guy sees an attractive woman and yells "Hey C*nt, do you f*ck?" She replies, "not until now, smooth talker."
                              and you remind me of a fool. fight your friends, yield to your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X