Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrf View Post
    I'm not a lawyer Paolo but I would suggest that you retain an Italian, Australian and a U.S. attorney. Maybe you should get an international attorney to manage your team of lawyers.
    Uh, I think not. In reality the tiny gift he donated to Davies would not warrant any colossal global fussing with big legal teams and such melodramatic intrigue. It detracts from worthwhile efforts and is seriously counter productive.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 19 Jan 2015, 8:30 AM.
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
      Uh, I think not. In reality the tiny gift he donated to Davies would not warrant any colossal global fussing with big legal teams and such melodramatic intrigue. It detracts from worthwhile efforts and is seriously counter productive.
      I was only trying to get Him an audience of at least 4 people who would take him seriously. At least as long as his retainer lasted.

Comment

I was only trying to get Him an audience of at least 4 people who would take him seriously. At least as long as his retainer lasted.
        I'd estimated retainer strength of one only..

Comment

Dr. Davies is a reason many lose hope. He is dangerous. I'm aggravated Colorado University is still asking for money after opting out of emails for years. Took the money and run and then pointed the fingers at us for asking questions. Ugg

Comment

I'll come out of hibernation only to make this observation. Davies is a con man and will do anything to keep a lab afloat. He played Baylor in Houston, Texas and The University of Colorado for probably millions combined. He will scam the folks in Australia too, that's why he's there.

He lied to everyone. He lies still.

Comment

I wonder what Charles Hansen has to say about this ?
              keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I'm not sure I'd go that far to call Davies a liar.

Someone seeking an advancement in their career? Yes. A con artist? No.

Besides, there is so much competition now (gawd, did I really say that after coming to this site 14yrs ago just?????) that 'Decorin' just may be obsolete anyway. Silver. Harkema. Wise if true. Onward and Upward.
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie Walked View Post
                  I wonder what Charles Hansen has to say about this ?
                  I think he has moved to Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by c473s View Post
                    I would imagine they spent the money
                    I am sure they have. Asking the money back at this stage could be a symbolic action. Maybe usefull maybe useless.. I don't know for sure, I was just wondering what people think. If people just complain about things wrong, but then do nothing about it we can't hope the situation will get better.

You may find this article interesting:

What if universities had to agree to refund grants whenever there was a retraction?

http://retractionwatch.com/2015/01/1...er-retraction/

Paolo
                    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

If they pay salaries and real expenses with the funds which pot should they get the refund from? Maybe they increase tuition and punish the innocent. They are prohibited by federal law from diverting dedicated endowment money. The IRS could even remove the tax exempt status.

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                      I am sure they have. Asking the money back at this stage could be a symbolic action. Maybe usefull maybe useless.. I don't know for sure, I was just wondering what people think. If people just complain about things wrong, but then do nothing about it we can't hope the situation will get better.

You may find this article interesting:

What if universities had to agree to refund grants whenever there was a retraction?

http://retractionwatch.com/2015/01/1...er-retraction/

Paolo

Comment

If they pay salaries and real expenses with the funds which pot should they get the refund from? Maybe they increase tuition and punish the innocent. They are prohibited by federal law from diverting dedicated endowment money. The IRS could even remove the tax exempt status.
                        So, just as an example, in the case of Stephen Davies (assuming things went as Grammy described) what should be done in your opinion? Just let it go?
                        To let it go might be the best thing to do at this point, but if so what would you suggest for the future to prevent this from happening again?

I wonder all this because I agree with Chatz that what has happened with Dr. Davies is a reason many lose hope.

Paolo
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

what would you suggest for the future to prevent this from happening again?

Paolo
                          You would do the same as other dedicated private individuals and numerous spinal cord injury organizations are doing. Utilize the advice and expertise of the best of the best at their disposal. Here they are...
                          Last edited by GRAMMY; 22 Jan 2015, 5:15 PM.

Comment

I think he has moved to Australia.
                            Dude, you kill me ! lmno.
                            keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I think there should be a funding of research and clinical trials in Italy. So many seem unhappy with the U.S. efforts maybe there would be better success other places.

So, just as an example, in the case of Stephen Davies (assuming things went as Grammy described) what should be done in your opinion? Just let it go?
                              To let it go might be the best thing to do at this point, but if so what would you suggest for the future to prevent this from happening again?

I wonder all this because I agree with Chatz that what has happened with Dr. Davies is a reason many lose hope.

Paolo

Comment

I think there should be a funding of research and clinical trials in Italy. So many seem unhappy with the U.S. efforts maybe there would be better success other places.
                                If they could harness the hot air they could save a bundle on their energy needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X