Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    eks, nrf is a guy.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Jim View Post
      eks, nrf is a guy.
      I think he knows that.

      Comment


        Originally posted by nrf View Post
        In your topic b) is "hab" short for "habit".
        Sorry for the typo. I have bad eyesight -- a bout with viral meningitis left me with blind spots right in the center of my vision. It's hard enough to read (when one typically looks at the entire word), but typing is more difficult as one needs to look at one letter at a time.

        My current habit is to re-read all of my posts at least twice. Also with Firefox, misspelled words are underlined in wavy red. I just typed "hab" and it was marked as misspelled, but my eyes are so bad that I often miss seeing a bright red line..

        Anyway, the phrase should have been, "to fund his lab".

        Comment


          Originally posted by Charles Hansen View Post
          Sorry for the typo. I have bad eyesight -- a bout with viral meningitis left me with blind spots right in the center of my vision. It's hard enough to read (when one typically looks at the entire word), but typing is more difficult as one needs to look at one letter at a time.

          My current habit is to re-read all of my posts at least twice. Also with Firefox, misspelled words are underlined in wavy red. I just typed "hab" and it was marked as misspelled, but my eyes are so bad that I often miss seeing a bright red line..

          Anyway, the phrase should have been, "to fund his lab".
          Thanks for the clarification.

          Comment


            Davies,

            Is patently dishonest, egotistical, and sociopathic, IMHO. He had no intention of going forward with the trials he claimed 6 years ago. This is indefensible. He took our donations and scolded the forum when we inquired into his progress (or lack of). Davies is incapable of telling the truth.

            I respectfully request the moderators remove this thread as a sticky.

            Comment


              Wow, Schmeky!

              That's a pretty harsh condemnation. I have no desire to start an online argument with you (or anyone else) on this forum. Let's just say that I would be disappointed if this thread is removed as a "sticky".

              At the very least Dr. Davies is doing important research that is helping to solve the problem of SCI's. As a "sticky" it is there for everyone to read and judge for themselves the merits (or lack thereof) of Dr. Davies' work. If it removed as a sticky, it will essentially disappear into the quagmire of threads and people won't have a chance to make up their own minds as to the question of if deserves their support or not.

              I'm glad that we have moderators to make those decisions for us. Hope you are doing well, and if not that you will be doing better soon.

              Warm regards,
              Charlie

              Comment


                charles,

                But if it is removed as a sticky and still remains near the top, it would be because it actually deserves to be upheld.
                If it's sticky status is taken away and the thread falls into oblivion, it's only because it Honestly deserves it, one way or another

                It shouldnt be upheld without merit or community backing
                "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                Comment


                  Given the number of posts that are still being made in this topic, my conclusion is that it is still "active" and probably should be maintained as a sticky. If people don't want to read it, they don't have to click on it or post in it. If it settles down to the bottom of the stickies for a while, we may let it go the way of all posts.

                  Wise.

                  Comment


                    There is a ground swell of frustration regarding decorin not being brought to clinical trials. Many feel betrayed based upon the way Dr. Davies bloviated in regards to how promising his work was. Now decorin has been abandoned as not only in his research but as far as moving into a clinical trial. SCI victims have been duped too many times with words like "promising" and "may lead to a cure". For over 30 years the same story. Perhaps the fault is in the need to promote your work to get funded and have a job verses the reality that research it's self is just an hypothesis, an experiment and an interpretation of the results.
                    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jhope View Post
                      There is a ground swell of frustration regarding decorin not being brought to clinical trials. Many feel betrayed based upon the way Dr. Davies bloviated in regards to how promising his work was. Now decorin has been abandoned as not only in his research but as far as moving into a clinical trial. SCI victims have been duped too many times with words like "promising" and "may lead to a cure". For over 30 years the same story. Perhaps the fault is in the need to promote your work to get funded and have a job verses the reality that research it's self is just an hypothesis, an experiment and an interpretation of the results.
                      Decorin has not been abandoned.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by capt'n mark View Post
                        Decorin has not been abandoned.
                        Well it certainly is not seen as a popular consensus toward more research nor even a clinical trial.
                        Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

                        Comment


                          i see this as the same thing mp did when a few years ago they made thier big announcment but couldn't back it up with repucation in another lab,

                          they won't do that again

                          nor will dr. davies

                          maybe i'm being to soft but how frustrating that must be, all those years of work
                          http://justadollarplease.org/

                          2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

                          "You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

                          .."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Davies
                            The chronic SCI experiments we are currently conducting are in large part made possible by donations from CC
                            Post #562 on 1/15/2009. The last constructive post by Davies. This was nearly 3 years ago. Safe to say he's not going to provide any information to the constituents that funded part of his research.

                            I vote to close.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Leo View Post
                              i see this as the same thing mp did when a few years ago they made thier big announcment but couldn't back it up with repucation in another lab
                              Please excuse my ignorance, but who is "MP"?

                              Thanks.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Charles Hansen View Post
                                Please excuse my ignorance, but who is "MP"?

                                Thanks.
                                Miami Project

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X