No announcement yet.

Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inneedofmylin - If someone expects or wants donations at whatever stage he is at in development, he should provide a status as Schmeky has requested, otherwise why donate to to blind cause.I have donated to Wise, own Geron stock , and no longer donate to the Miami Project after noone could replicate their schwann cell results a few years ago. We are all getting older and time is wasting !!! I still beleive Wise is our best shot at this time !! There is noone as honest and trustworthy as our sci mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by mikek View Post
      I still beleive Wise is our best shot at this time !! There is noone as honest and trustworthy as our sci mentor.
      Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by mikek View Post
        Inneedofmylin - If someone expects or wants donations at whatever stage he is at in development, he should provide a status as Schmeky has requested, otherwise why donate to to blind cause.I have donated to Wise, own Geron stock , and no longer donate to the Miami Project after noone could replicate their schwann cell results a few years ago. We are all getting older and time is wasting !!! I still beleive Wise is our best shot at this time !! There is noone as honest and trustworthy as our sci mentor.
        mikek, absolutely.......i turned 41 in nov, and no mater how much i workout the sad fact is my window of opportunity is closing. miami........what a joke and waste of money. miami wouldnt be even be talking trials if geron hadn't started thiers. miami project seems to be a nice place to make a huge salary and a career out of RESEARCH. theyve been riding the sci community for awhile dangling that 5 to 10 yr carrot in front of us while picking up loads of cash that could be better used.

dr young has done so much on a shoe string budget. dr young and geron may not hit the ball out of the ballpark but even a bunt single would get this rally going. sorry for the baseball analogy .........i'm still buzzin from my tx rangers making it to the world series.

this is going to be a huge year, we have good hard working, intelligent drs WITH TRIALS UNDERWAY! we will start to get information on results of these trials this year. there are also so many other labs, companies gearing up for trials. its started.
        "I'm manic as hell-
        But I'm goin' strong-
        Left my meds on the sink again-
        My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

I went on the forum to check in about Dr. Davies. So, I am sorry if I am not very well informed on other researchers. When did Dr. Young go to trials? Where? Is it in the US?
          I am just wondering where the "five years" for Dr. Davies research came from. Did Dr. Davies say this? Was there anything at all in the Australia talk? Is Susan Morgan still checking in? She was very hopeful.
          Thank you. Any information is very much appreciated.

Comment

Maybe Dr. Davies can't talk because he's waiting to publish results. I think scientists can't talk before the publish date.

Comment

IP - Please refer to your post of Feb 24,2010. I know they do peer reviews prior to publishing but how long are you willing to wait. Then from publishing to clinical trial application another year or two. Then phase 1,2 and 3 = another couple of years.
              Not fast enough in my book or timetable..............

Comment

Mikek,

You make a valid point in your post #921. So here's a question I have asked before. Davies published a paper, that from all accounts IS A CURE for acute injuries, entitled: "Astrocytes derived from glial-restricted precursors promote spinal repair".

This was published in April of 2006. I questioned him 3.5 years ago in his lab about bringing this to clinical trials. He indicated he was working on this. The paper is now nearly 5 years old and I have heard nothing about a trial to date.

So how long should it take to get a publication to trials? If Davies has a paper pending peer review for chronics, how long will it be before it gets to trial?

I'm not being critical since these are facts, so if/when his chronic publication surfaces, what should we expect based on these circumstances?

Comment

I agree with you Mike, actually. I'm very frustrated from waiting. To the point where I come to carecure rarely now. And often think about trying to do research myself, like Lorenzo's Oil.

But I just have a feeling that Dr. Davies is working hard and hiding his progress. Maybe he got burned by someone, or some other researchers copied his stuff, so he went silent. There's something going on - and I don't know what.

Comment

ip,

i hope your right,but he has not given us anything to hang our hats on.

Comment

I am not 100% sure this is correct but this is the way I understand the process:

From what I understand if researchers discuss their work with the public before submitting their papers to the scientific journals they won't be published.

Having other research groups duplicate their work is a good thing, it proves that their work and results can be reproduced.

I don't think publishing a paper and clinical trials have that much to do with each other. To start a trial an IND needs to be filed with the FDA and a clinical trial network needs to be established to conduct the trial and measure the outcomes.

ip, I understand your frustration and agree, we need to take things into our own hands kind of like the "Lorenzo's Oil" story although when I contacted the Myelin Project a few years ago after watching that story and they were kind of clueless about the state of research regarding myelin. When you look around you can see other disease communities take a much more pro active role in the direction of where their donated dollars are spent ie. SMA Foundation and Cancer foundations. We have had a few individuals try to take the lead like Rick Hansen, Marc Buoniconti and a few others but somewhere along the way they lost sight of the goal. Our best shot was with Christopher Reeve, he had a vision, could get the doors open and could get people working together but when we lost him we lost that also. I don't know what the answer is but we do need a central voice and focus.

Comment

hey rjames. By do it yourself, I mean really DIY, like sci lab in the garage. Bio hacker stuff:

http://diybio.org/

Comment

Originally posted by ip View Post
                          hey rjames. By do it yourself, I mean really DIY, like sci lab in the garage. Bio hacker stuff:

http://diybio.org/
                          DIY Biology, that's funny stuff right there.

ip, Come on over I have a brew stirred up and need to give it a test run....LOL

Comment

I'm not trying to be funny, but I can see how people would think that...I can write software, why not do something for my own health? If nobody is stepping up, then what is one to do? I have sent money to people for years with no results. It gets frustrating, as you well know.

I've brewed beer too And honey wine Maybe I'll take you up on that someday.

Comment

Originally posted by ip View Post
                              I'm not trying to be funny, but I can see how people would think that...I can write software, why not do something for my own health? If nobody is stepping up, then what is one to do? I have sent money to people for years with no results. It gets frustrating, as you well know.

I've brewed beer too And honey wine Maybe I'll take you up on that someday.
                              I apologize I was not trying to make fun of what you want to do, go for it and I wish you nothing but success!!!!

Comment

Hey rjames - thanks for your kind words. I think humans are capable of much more than we think. The approval process for new drugs is broken, there must be a better way.

Comment

Working...
                                X