Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Davies View Post
    ...No cells or drugs should go to SCI clinical trial without first showing remarkable results in at least acute SCI rats let alone chronic SCI rats or larger animal models. When our new data is published this year - no one except maybe my scientific competitors (some of whom I'm told read my posts on this forum) are going to be disappointed. The time frame for translation of our discoveries to clinical trial has not lengthened in any way - quite the opposite in fact as we have overcome several major technical challenges...
    Great to hear Stephen Davies. Thanks for your work in trying to cure sci.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Davies View Post

So for those that would like me to constantly post on this forum - sorry I'm not that kind of scientist (or should I say politician). I'm off back to my lab now as actions speak louder than words.
      Thanks for your hard work/effort (seven days a week) and good luck!
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
      --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
      ––Paul Nussbaum
      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow! Very promising post from Dr. Davies. It's rekindled the excitement that I felt after hearing him at Working2Walk last August.

Comment

Dr davies

[QUOTE=Stephen Davies;1176407]I've received quite a few emails telling me how nasty discussions have turned about my labs SCI research on this forum. Unfortunately I was told in the past by many people in the SCI community that this forum has a reputation for just such behavior. Have I read the negative comments? No. What possible good could it do. I'm sorry these people feel the way they do and I fully understand their frustration given what they are having to deal with. Enough said.

Why have I not posted in the last few months? Is this a sign that all has gone wrong with our SCI research? No. Quite the contrary. I have been back in the lab myself often working seven days a week analyzing spinal cords treated with decorin and GDA cells. We have been working on exactly what I said we would in my past posts. Why have I not posted the new data we now have on this forum? Because the international scientific and clinical communities rightly demand that the results be peer reviewed before they are presented to the public. No cells or drugs should go to SCI clinical trial without first showing remarkable results in at least acute SCI rats let alone chronic SCI rats or larger animal models. When our new data is published this year - no one except maybe my scientific competitors (some of whom I'm told read my posts on this forum) are going to be disappointed. The time frame for translation of our discoveries to clinical trial has not lengthened in any way - quite the opposite in fact as we have overcome several major technical challenges.

So for those that would like me to constantly post on this forum - sorry I'm not that kind of scientist (or should I say politician). I'm off back to my lab now as actions speak louder than words.[/QUOTE

GOOD
          to hear from you you say that you are getting remarkable results when do you think we will see these any thing when will it come ? renumber the date ? 5 years or more tell us or will it be more what do you think i now am starting to think the doctor was right that told me that i would not walk again or get any thing back was right
          Last edited by skeaman; 1 Mar 2010, 9:44 AM.
          AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

To dr.doctor davies when do you think ?

GOOD TO hear from you. you say that you are getting remarkable results when do you think we will see these. and when will it come ? remember the date ? 5 years not again we are beginning to get feed up with the 5 years period or more tell us if you can or will it be more. what do you think. i now am starting to think the doctor was right that told me that i would not walk again or get any thing back was right. please replay i know it is not easy to come on but now and again would not do any harm. you say that you

have I not posted the new data we now have on this forum? Because the international scientific and clinical communities rightly demand that the results be peer reviewed before they are presented to the public. No cells or drugs should go to SCI clinical trial without first showing remarkable results in at least acute SCI rats let alone chronic SCI rats or larger animal models. When our new data is published this year -
            QUESTION TO YOU. WILL it BE PUBLISHED THIS EAR ? OR WILL DRAG ON AS you said in your post you understand our frustration given what they are having to deal with. Enough said. we do appreciate the work that you are doing for us and working 7 days a week . The problem is we are in this 24/7 as i said early some information goes a long way CAN NO OTHER DOCTOR REPORT ON YOUR BEHALF ? .We Look forward to hear from you .but we know it will be a while ? remember i am starting to believe what the doctors told me a bout not walking
            Last edited by skeaman; 2 Mar 2010, 3:26 PM.
            AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

Originally posted by Han Solo
              Cut us some freakin slack for wanting to hear something that will make us feel re assured about whats going on. WE are not wrong its only human nature to be curious.
              Here's what is going on:

a) In 2006 Dr. Davies wrote a landmark paper showing that specially treated stem cells that created astrocytes produced incredibly effective repairs of acute (recent) spinal cord injuries. The (highly technical) paper is online with free access at:

http://jbiol.com/content/5/3/7

b) In 2008 Dr. Davies wrote another landmark paper showing that there are two different types of astrocytes. One produces the incredible results noted in the above paper, and the other produced no resusts. Again, this paper is highly technical and available online:

http://jbiol.com/content/7/7/24

c) For his current round of experiments Dr. Davies is focusing on chronic (old) injuries. He is finishing up the work and is writing the paper. He tells more about what he is doing here:

/forum/showpost.php?p=986100&postcount=562

and here

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showp...&postcount=835

That's what is going on. We will all hear the results when the paper is published. For those who would like more frequent updates, please refer to Jeff B's post:

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showp...&postcount=681

For those who want to help, donate to his lab here:

http://www.cufund.org/giving-opportu...ption/?id=3485

Comment

realy?

Originally posted by Charles Hansen View Post

One of the people attending W2W reported that Dr. Davies said with $30 million he could be treating people within a year. With $10 million it would take two or three years. But he is committed to helping us, and is working as fast as his funding allows. Even without additional outside funding, he is going to keep moving ahead. He won't stop until we are walking again. That is his (and his wife Jeannette's as well!) commitment.
                First of all I'd like to say,as I always do, Davies is the man, and he is going to do it.

But lets take a look at this from the other corner....

30 mill u say..... Do you think that it is a lot of money? I do, but for this man http://nicholasmead.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/flint.jpg (larry flint), nope!! So how many of you thinks that, if this man heard abot this, would not invest his pocket money into it? How many of you thinks that he is the only ultra ritch man in the wheels? I dont... And how many of you thinks that theese people want to stay in the wheels? Probably not one...

How many of you thinks that some bussines man would not invest 30 mil, and in few years tripple his money? After all, this is the age of capytalism...

I just wanted to say that this 30 mil realy should not present any problem here, and that something is TERRIBLY WRONG HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The discussion regarding whether Dr. Davies should or should not post regular updates is interfering with updates of Dr. Davies work. I am setting up a separate thread in the Members Only forum and moving that discussion there. For that discussion, go to /forum/showthread.php?p=1182453#post1182453 . Thank you. Wise.
                  Last edited by Wise Young; 12 Mar 2010, 9:32 AM.

Comment

I had an email today asking me why my posts here seem to indicate that I'm putting 'all my eggs in one basket' with regard to my speaking quite often about supporting Dr Davies research. Just to clarify, as a spinally injured person eagerly awaiting an effective therapy for my condition, it would be foolish not to keep an open mind about all research avenues. Having said this, after numerous years of personal research, I feel Dr Davies approach is going to bear the most fruit and within the most favourable timeframe. For these reasons, his lab has my financial backing, and he very much remains my frontrunner in this race.

Comment

Cherry, we as a group must all follow all dorections for some therapy that might improve our lives. There is alot of scattered paths being discussed. We need to follow, as you say those that offer hope and hopefully results. If a path yields results , we all will be folllowing that path and anxiously await treatment. The important point is that when we see results and commitment, we can all focus on that path and leave some of this --it behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry View Post
                        I had an email today asking me why my posts here seem to indicate that I'm putting 'all my eggs in one basket' with regard to my speaking quite often about supporting Dr Davies research. Just to clarify, as a spinally injured person eagerly awaiting an effective therapy for my condition, it would be foolish not to keep an open mind about all research avenues. Having said this, after numerous years of personal research, I feel Dr Davies approach is going to bear the most fruit and within the most favourable timeframe. For these reasons, his lab has my financial backing, and he very much remains my frontrunner in this race.
                        Of course, you should give to whatever group you like. However, you might consider what Dr. Young said in https://www.carecure.net/forum/showp...83&postcount=7 . The first successful treatment will likely unleash corporate funding for all treatments. So, it could actually help Dr. Davies funding if Dr. Young's clinical trials were successful. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Comment

http://en.scientificcommons.org/stephen_ja_davies

Publication List.

Comment

Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
                            Of course, you should give to whatever group you like. However, you might consider what Dr. Young said in /forum/showpost.php?p=1178883&postcount=7 . The first successful treatment will likely unleash corporate funding for all treatments. So, it could actually help Dr. Davies funding if Dr. Young's clinical trials were successful. A rising tide lifts all boats.
                            Again, we would be sensible to keep an open mind, but after a few years in this 'game', I've personally chosen to now finite any support rather than fragment it. Individually I am of course a drop in the ocean, but I feel that the less diluted this support is, the harder hitting it may be. For me, and certainly for now, it will go to Dr Davies and his team. I respect Dr Young's goals and I hope he's getting some fantastic support to push this through. Ultimately, any approach requires the funding tank to be kept topped up, and each must rely on supporters coming to their own conclusions about where they feel the most merit lies.

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
                            Cherry, we as a group must all follow all dorections for some therapy that might improve our lives. There is alot of scattered paths being discussed. We need to follow, as you say those that offer hope and hopefully results. If a path yields results , we all will be folllowing that path and anxiously await treatment. The important point is that when we see results and commitment, we can all focus on that path and leave some of this --it behind.
                            Agreed. Some need more convincing than others about where best to place hope, and of course where to direct their money. Where such an important and sensitive subject is concerned, that is entirely understandable, each perspective is unique. I personally feel that the science speaks for itself at this stage, and for those who indeed do warrant further evidence, unfortunately the age old adage of 'patience is a virtue' rings true. I know that's not what many of us want to hear, but in the words of Ivanna Trump 'It is what it is'. For what it's worth, my confidence has never waned and we certainly will leave this bs behind!

Comment

question about bruised spinal cords

Do bruised or contused spinal cords, resulting in an incomplete spinal cord injury, develop a scar that might respond to Decorin? It seems that Dr. Davies stabs his rats' spinal cords. I hope somebody can help me. My contusion happened at C3/4, I use a walker a bit, a scooter with a lift usually because of spasticity, have normal sensation and no pain, and take no meds because of great health. I did respond to 4AP fairly well years ago. Thanks for any comments!

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
                                Do bruised or contused spinal cords, resulting in an incomplete spinal cord injury, develop a scar that might respond to Decorin? It seems that Dr. Davies stabs his rats' spinal cords. I hope somebody can help me. My contusion happened at C3/4, I use a walker a bit, a scooter with a lift usually because of spasticity, have normal sensation and no pain, and take no meds because of great health. I did respond to 4AP fairly well years ago. Thanks for any comments!

Jan
                                Contused cords do produce astroglial scars, so decorin should work—assuming it's proven effective in humans.
                                ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Working...
                                X