No announcement yet.

Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise, if I may ask, what is status of the 20 candidates for phase 2 trial? Hopefully things are going well and we are anxiously awating the human outcomes of your endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
      Wise, if I may ask, what is status of the 20 candidates for phase 2 trial? Hopefully things are going well and we are anxiously awating the human outcomes of your endeavors.
      keeping on, please, the trial is just starting. It is too early to ask. It will be at least 6 months before any results will be available. If there is any significant findings, I will post it in the Cure Forum. Wise.

Comment

Wise, I was asking if you chose the 20 patients. I know your timetable is 6 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year. Just wandering if you picked the candidates.

Thanks,
        T.J.

Comment

Keeping on, I believe they will be doing one patient at a time to make sure it's safe. If safe then I'm sure they'll proceed to the next, etc..
          Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
          CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Comment

Donnie, thank you; just wondering if they picked the first 20. Anyway, looks like we got something started. Have a good one.

Comment

Any update on the Stephen Davies front? It's been quiet here and I like to think that no news is good news.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly right. I spoke with him briefly a few weeks ago and he and his team are working furiously. He called me Saturday morning while I was still asleep. When I returned the call he was just heading home after spending a full day in the lab! He said that he just doesn't have time to post here at the moment.

So yes, no news is good news.

Comment

http://www.9news.com/seenon9news/art...2991&catid=509

Comment

Dr davies

this is good news if it comes of hope so for us all what i like a bout it is the quote him saying 5 years ? again old one
                    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

Davies on 9 News denver (2/17/10)

Dr Davies was briefly featured on the news on last night in the following article.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...2991&catid=339

www.scirecoveryproject.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Hansen View Post
                        Yes, that's exactly right. I spoke with him briefly a few weeks ago and he and his team are working furiously. He called me Saturday morning while I was still asleep. When I returned the call he was just heading home after spending a full day in the lab! He said that he just doesn't have time to post here at the moment.

So yes, no news is good news.
                        Thanks for your response, Charles. I understand that he is very busy and probably utilizes his time aside from the lab to contact and speak with people who will have the most meaningful impact. However, it would be nice to be tossed a bone -- every little while. Until then, I'll keep my eyes open on this thread and occasionally check research publications.

The silence here can sometimes be discomforting. It could also be my own discomfort of feeling "out of the loop." I know it may sound trite, but next time you speak with him could you ask him to reserve a moment to share his thoughts w/us (As brief as they may be).

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
                          next time you speak with him could you ask him to reserve a moment to share his thoughts w/us (As brief as they may be).
                          It's partly a question of time -- he has a young child of about 3 years, so any time not spent on his research goes to his family (as it should). But it's also a question of the way the system works. He has spent the last year or two conducting new experiments. Now he is preparing and analyzing the data in preparation for publication. But it's considered highly unethical to divulge the results of a study before the paper is published. So we will have to wait for the paper, which will be a while. It has to be submitted, reviewed, accepted, and finally published.

In the meantime he can't really say anything meaningful here, similar to the situation at the Work2Walk conference last summer. I just look at the science he has already done, which is absolutely brilliant, and also know that he is fully committed to the job. And wait impatiently...I want to get out of this chair, too.

The best thing I can do is to raise money for his research. So that is what I do. A close friend is fairly well off and has made sizable donations on my behalf. The recent movie "Avatar" featured a paraplegic in the starring role, so I am trying to get a letter to James Cameron asking for financial support. There are all sorts of things we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by News Article
                            "I feel confident in saying that I'd be really disappointed if we didn't have something within the next five years that is of major benefit to people with spinal cord injuries," said Dr. Stephen Davies, associate professor in the department of neurosurgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
                            You've got to be kidding. . . . . . . did he really say this?? Really?? If he did, we've all been duped. I don't know any other way to say it.

Comment

Schmeky; Please elaborate a little further on your thoughts.
                              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Speaking for myself, I donated money when we were updated regularly by Dr. Davis. I know he must be very busy with the research and his family but I have to think that if he came here once in a while to give us "hope", the research money he badly needs might be coming in to him by Care Cure people more than it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X