Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny
    I just wrote a check for $1000USD. My company is matching the entire amount.

Anyone else?
    Thanks Benny!

Comment

Tomorrow I will be adding another $500 to my donations. Lets keep it rolling.

Comment

Nice one folks

Comment

make donatiooon

i made my donation,it's my best investment,so i will made each month,i hope more members keeps rolling

Comment

Ok, I got it done. Anyone else going to step up to the plate. Lets keep this thing going.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger
              Dr. Davies

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions. You can't imagine how much this means to us. My son was injured in Feb 2007 and my life can't be the same until he receives an effective treatment.

Last December I went with Brian and Jennifer to visit Dr. Keirstead at UC Irvine. Brian then wrote a Keirstead trip report that he posted on Carecure. Sometime in the future I would love for Brian to be able to visit your lab, but not if it would slow your research by even an hour.

Thank you

Roger
              Roger, I just noticed that Brian is your son. I wanted to tell you that he has written a very informative and knowledgeable report after his visit to Dr. Keirstead's lab.
              Suzanne

Comment

My family is committed to support Dr. Davies' work annually!!
                Suzanne

Comment

Suzanne

Thank you for the kind words.

I wanted to say that admire the way you and your family financially support Dr. Young's and Dr. Davies' research. Thank you so much.

At the time that Brian wrote the Keirstead Lab report he was typing on the computer with a cuff and pencil one letter at a time. Since then he has started using a voice recognition program, which is much faster.

This morning Brian and my wife flew to Baltimore. Brian has an interview Friday at Johns Hopkins medical school. He has applied for admission for admission for the Sept 2009 class. Even getting an interview is a big deal Johns Hopkins gets 7000 applications and interview ~700.

Roger

Comment

Many thanks to Cherry for providing the link to Colorado University's charitable contribution site for Dr. Davies. This is now located at my highest priority among my "favorites". I now contribute anything from 25$--1,000$depending upon my day to day financial situation, which could be better as soon as this hideous market stops freefalling!

Comment

I have sent an extra donation to support Dott. Davies.
                      Let's keep helping him!

Paolo
                      In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

My family will continue to support Davies' work.

Comment

No problem Don Great to see everyone so upbeat and contributing what they can.

Ideally such fantastic research would be Governmentally funded in its entirety but, although we can try to to get the flood gates open, in reality and in the meantime, we each need to do what we can to expedite this. Exciting times.

Comment

Bump for Wise

If methylprednisolone is indeed preventative, what might be the explanation for the fact that many individuals who have previously received it still experience severe neuropathic pain?

Also Dr Young, will you be looking to release any data that shows that the introduction of cord blood mononuclear cells into the injured cord does not promote pain in rats?

Comment

Originally posted by poonsuzanne
                              My family is committed to support Dr. Davies' work annually!!
                              Many thanks to Suzanne and her family and also everyone on this forum who has sent funding for our SCI research program. Your contributions are making a major difference to the pace of our chronic SCI research. It is funding donated by members of this forum that has allowed us to recently purchase $55K of state of the art specialized equipment for documenting functional recovery in chronically SCI rats. In addition to being used to pay for molecules etc. for conducting experiments, the funding is also being used to pay a significant proportion of the heavy animal care costs associated with keeping chronic SCI rats.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Davies
                                Hi Han Solo,
                                Experiments with decorin and chronic SCi are ongoing and I cannot publically comment on the results as this can cause major problems when it comes to publishing the results. I am working hard to bring together all the organizations that will be necessary to take decorin and GDA cells to properly conducted clinical trials as soon as possible.
                                Dr. Davies when do you expect to be able to share the results of your experiments on chronic injuries? Are any other labs doing similar experiments on chronics concurrently for purposes of proving the results can be replicated?

Comment

Working...
                                X