Stephen Davies Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse's Mom,

I conferm my $500 dontion to Davies lab has been done.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Hi everyone,

My family and I have donated $10,000 to Dr. Stephen Davies' lab. I sincerely hope we could do more this year!! I have much faith in his outstanding work; his work means so much to everyone concerned.

Suzanne
      Suzanne

Comment

Suzanne and Paolocipolla, We're so happy to hear of your donations to Davies SCI Lab! The momentum that's building from the CC site is helping to move the research forward. With everyone donating what they can for their favorite researcher this year, it is surely having an impact. I love coming to the site and seeing that people are doing lots of positive things toward funding a hope for the cure of SCI! Thank you for sharing with us!
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Many thanks to all of you who have already given donations to our SCI research program. It is also uplifting for us as scientists to know that we have your support, that you are willing to work with us in developing effective new therapies. Leif; I hope you don't mind but I'd rather not be drawn into a long philosophical discussion about whether treatments that inflict increased neuropathic pain upon an SCI patient should be considered for clinical trial. My lab will shortly be publishing new data that I think will make this question somewhat of a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Davies
            My lab will shortly be publishing new data that I think will make this question somewhat of a moot point.
            titillating!

Comment

Dr. Davies I don’t mind,
              Originally posted by Stephen Davies
              ...Leif; I hope you don't mind but I'd rather not be drawn into a long philosophical discussion about whether treatments that inflict increased neuropathic pain upon an SCI patient should be considered for clinical trial. My lab will shortly be publishing new data that I think will make this question somewhat of a moot point.
              and I rest my case because of this good news. Great going and good luck to you and your lab. Looking forward to a good read.

Comment

Dr. Davies. I know researchers believing to fix spinal cord injuries by research. In fact researchers doing such work, to move frontiers like you do, like brain studies and the cord studies aiming for therapies, are moving ahead. -Just want to say; thanks for very much appreciated work working so very hard for that, for maybe to solve the SCI enigma for somje of us. We the SCI’s people need help here, you know. And thank you for helping on the quest of our. You are a team worker, but also an arrowhead.

Comment

Hello again Stephen, it’s late spring now, sort of, why the foot dragging , any publications in the pipeline?

Comment

Suzanne/ Jesse's Mom

I just now noticed your post. I wanted to thank you, for your very generous donation to the spinal cord recovery effort. Let's all hold out a good thought that this year may provide a solid foundation & some answers to the many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by chasb
                      Suzanne/ Jesse's Mom

I just now noticed your post. I wanted to thank you, for your very generous donation to the spinal cord recovery effort. Let's all hold out a good thought that this year may provide a solid foundation & some answers to the many questions.

Chasb,

You're welcome! I will continue to do my best.

Suzanne
                      Suzanne

Comment

Didn't see this posted

Comment

Buy big eye glasses next time at Walmart. Lol

Comment

My family have donated $10,000 to Dr Davies research from Beijing , China .We hope we will do more for his work.

Shishi

Comment

Hi Shi Shi,

This is very supportive and generous of your family!!!

Let's continue to fight together for effective therapies for spinal cord injuries. The more efforts we will gather the faster the therapies will arrive. Nothing and no one can stop or discourage me from going forward!

Thanks again!
                              Your friend Suzanne
                              Suzanne

Comment

Can you estimate the time frame for realistic human chronic application? I hope it's not 15+ years. What can we do to speed the trials up?

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-rsh030804.php
                                Misaligned scar tissue that forms at spinal cord injuries physically blocks nerve regeneration and contains molecules called chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans that inhibit nerve fiber growth. Decorin inhibits the action of pro - inflammatory molecules released in spinal cord injuries, called transforming growth factors, which are thought to promote the formation of scar tissue.

Researchers in the study infused decorin directly into the injury site in rats with a mini-pump system, which used silica cannulas 160 microns in diameter. Because the cannulas were so small, they did not contribute to the formation of scar tissue. Using a high-powered laser scanning microscope and protein chemistry to analyze tissue samples, Davies and co-workers were able to show that decorin infusion reduced inflammation, scar formation and the levels of some proteoglycans by 80-95 percent allowing nerve fibers (called axons) to grow across spinal cord injuries in just four days.
                                Last edited by Malibu; 25 Apr 2008, 11:49 AM.

` Signatures for Spinal Cord Research

Comment

Working...
                                X