a cure ?when and by who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a cure ?when and by who?

a cure for sci ?when and by who?yours opinions please.

I dont know by who, but I would be so happy if by the time my 8 year old daughter gets to high school she would be able to dance at her high school prom.
    sigpic

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Comment

partial, less than 5 years away - borgens
      significant, 5+ years away - have no idea

Comment

I agree somewhat with antiquity:

partial = 5 years from Geron, Davies, ChinaSCINet, others
        significant = 20 years, who knows

Comment

I gave up on that question last year on my 10th anniversary. I need it by 2012 and that's when my drivers license expires. Personally I wish it would happen sooner, but not holding my breath. If anybody could find a crystal ball what can answer this question would love to hear it. Just get ready for all the negative answers,
          keiffer66

Comment

I was reading an article, stating that some scientists might have found out the protein, that stop the nerve axons in the brain and spinal cord from regenerating. I'm not holding my breath.
            _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
            Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

Comment

Originally posted by redbandit
              I agree somewhat with antiquity:

partial = 5 years from Geron, Davies, ChinaSCINet, others
              significant = 20 years, who knows
              Also somewhat agree.

partial for acute = 5 years, Geron or ChinaSCINet.

any recovery at all for chronic = proof of concept in 10 years from
              whoever has published the results of their acute clinical trials first.

Comment

a cure ?when and by who? partial cure yes, but cure cure in our lifetime no no...
                http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/79075.php

Comment

Again, it depends on how hard we demand it.
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Cure
                      Pronunciation: 'kyur
                      Function: noun
                      1 a : spiritual charge : CARE b : pastoral charge of a parish
                      2 a : recovery or relief from a disease b : something (as a drug or treatment) that cures a disease c : a course or period of treatment <take the cure for alcoholism> d : SPA 1
                      3 : a complete or permanent solution or remedy

Adi,

It is unlikely SCI will ever see definition number 3. Can you work or go back to school? Knew a C-6 quad that had his Masters Degree and was working on his Doctorate. Have a friend that lives near by that is a C-4 and has a 4 year college degree and works from his home. Another C-6 down the road works 5 days a week for 4-5 hours a day.

Staying busy is the best "cure".

Comment

like 3 months after i was hurt , there was alot of si-fi in the news. the lady walking in Korea after 19 years. alot on getting rats walking. i had alot of hope that maybe i was hurt when things were going to be happening. here i am 3 years later , notta.
                        oh well

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
                          a cure for sci ?when and by who?yours opinions please.
                          Forget it. The cure comes when it comes. It is more important to fight for accessibily and jobs so we can live a normale life. The wheel chair is not the problem, the isolation that follows is the big problem. HC-toilets, lifts, jobs and education are worth fighting for. Accessiblility to schools, to kindergarden, offices, pubs and restaurants, that is important.
                          We have to live while we are waiting, it is wrong that the Government expect us to sit in the house everyday, doing nothing and being lonely. We are still human beings like the ABs.
                          Last edited by woman from Europe; 11 Aug 2007, 11:07 AM.
                          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Cures and new therapies will be based on the ratio of funding. Time = money.
                            Just my opinion.
                            Karen M
                            C 3/4 inc. central cord
                            10/29/1992 - 18 years, but who counts?

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe
                              Forget it. The cure comes when it comes. It is more important to fight for accessibily and jobs so we can live a normale life. The wheel chair is not the problem, the isolation that follows is the big problem. HC-toilets, lifts, jobs and education are worth fighting for. Accessiblility to schools, to kindergarden, offices, pubs and restaurants, that is important.
                              We have to live while we are waiting, it is wrong that the Government expect us to sit in the house everyday, doing nothing and being lonely. We are still human beings like the ABs.
                              Hi,
                              I don't agree, we have to formulate a demand for a cure. If we don't, we wil not have, money will go for other conditions. Sorry but I believe that acting and thinking as you are is slowing down the process. The problem is that a lot of people are thinking as you and a lot of others are despaired so we have no demand. Look at aids research, or myelin project, those conditions have a dynamic follow-up and very fast progresses compared to spinal cord injury research. Besides, aging with sci will show you that you become more and more disabled years after years and that you loose your independance. So please don't talk about living a normal life, think about your future and the future of the next generation. If our children can live without spinal cord injuries, this will be great so let's speed up the process..
                              Best wishes.
                              G78

Comment

Working...
                              X