How much longer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeaman View Post
    what 3-5 years we will see some thing or 3-5 years that it will come to Europe
    3 to 5 years from today will be saying there should be a cure in another 3 to 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by quadfather View Post
      3 to 5 years from today will be saying there should be a cure in another 3 to 5 years
      Thats the same thing they told me in 1997, and the rats were walking then!
      Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
      Pete C6/'97

Comment

They told me the same in 1999, I dont believe anymore in numbers and dates , you guys there in Usa should be together and speak,scream,lobby,fight for the cure,
        We are sacrificing our selfs everyday living with no sensory ,movements,pain,etc. Its better to be sacrificed fighting and speak louder pushing the clinical trials. I believe the cure is already discovered.
        I believe in Usa , there everything is possible , believe me in the where you guys are living is a gift.
        Just think how is to live in place like mine , with no recovery and rehab centers,without scientists and specialized doctors for SCI,without access in Universities and public places, without helth insurance . I just thank everyday the godb that I have my family and friends who support me .
        Somebody there may be offendet now but my intentions where not to offend nobody , its just how I see the Usa from my point of view .
        So be aware and opened your eyes and fight fight just fight for the rights.
        Just remeber Martin Luther when he said "I have a dream" so as we have "To stand and at least to make two steps" .
        You can save our community .

Regards,

Valon

Comment

i to think there is some kind of a cure out there .That we get some thing back A S P but they want to wait for years to get ALL IN point is let us take this than you will never find the years going in until some other thing comes they SAY this is not possible but if we can put i man on the moon we surely we can get some drug to make some thing to happen
          AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

Hi Valor,

I understand exactly what you mean and we will get there.

Valor please understand we only have 10% of the people with SCI working on cure advocacy and that's our biggest problem.

Guy's it will always be 3 to 5 years if we don't do any thing to change it.

If your not doing any thing to change the situation don't complain about the situation.

Pass on this link to all in your address book.

www.justadollarplease.org
            Last edited by Jim; 15 Jul 2009, 3:16 PM.
            http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

I agree with you Leo, then it seems that other 90% they come here just to complain and in reality they are comfortable with their situations .
              Guys if we dont fight today we will criticize Obama tomorrow just like Bush
              Its noone fault if we stay quiet , its just our fault cos we are sitting and imagine our selfs walking ,jumping etc...
              That day wont come believe me if we stay and wait for politics to show mercy for us .
              Dr.Wise already told us that are many therapies which are showing promises, what do you want more? He done his job ..
              You had one Superman who showed us how the thing should be done and its a big loss for us that he died... Dont wait for another one because Superman II might not come anymore, so I'm together with you guys come one let's make some noises maybe we can change this bad reality .

Walk again or die trying.

Valon

Originally posted by Leo View Post
              Hi Valor,

I understand exactly what you mean and we will get there.

Valor please understand we only have 10% of the people with SCI working on cure advocacy and that's our biggest problem.

Guy's it will always be 3 to 5 years if we don't do any thing to change it.

If your not doing any thing to change the situation don't complain about the situation.

Pass on this link to all in your address book.

www.justadollar.org

Comment

Urostomy

Originally posted by Uncle Peter View Post
                I'd settle for a cure for UTIs.
                UROSTOMY by a good surgeon

Injured JUNE 11, 1971 my dads B day

Comment

Wise,

I have a question for you about chronic incomplete injuries like mine, which was at c4/5 in 1995 when I was 17. How much longer before chronic injuries have a therapy or "cure"? Where does research on chronic incomplete injuries stand?

I sometimes wonder if we're running out of time as those of us with sci get older and the health issues mount. This issue was magnified after seeing my friend Christopher Reeve die of complications. By chance Chris and I were in rehab together at Kessler in northern NJ as he was injured 2 weeks before I was. His death really was a tragedy...

Thanks for your time Wise...Kyle
                  C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Originally posted by KyleP2112 View Post
                    Wise,

I have a question for you about chronic incomplete injuries like mine, which was at c4/5 in 1995 when I was 17. How much longer before chronic injuries have a therapy or "cure"? Where does research on chronic incomplete injuries stand?

I sometimes wonder if we're running out of time as those of us with sci get older and the health issues mount. This issue was magnified after seeing my friend Christopher Reeve die of complications. By chance Chris and I were in rehab together at Kessler in northern NJ as he was injured 2 weeks before I was. His death really was a tragedy...

Thanks for your time Wise...Kyle
                    I moved your question and my answer to a new topic: /forum/showthread.php?t=190157

Wise.

Comment

Working...
                    X