X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
    apparently.

it's "naive."

I could have predicted this coming from a mile away. 8 mile.

Anyway's, please stick to the topic I don't want to always be the bearer of off topic posts ( that the vultures love to come pray upon fresh blood and meat ) ......

I do wish that and do hope that these "secret clinical trials" are real. For the sake of us all. I may not like everyone, just like everyone may not like me, but I would love to see everyone recover somewhat. I truly would....with all my heart and soul. Nobody deserves this no matter how much of an internet bully you are.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Comment

you threw the first stone dear, and have pretty much every time...

okay, so getting back to topic... do keep us informed when your "source" decides this info is worth making public. I don't know how they think they'll start taking applications for this trial if no one knows about it... unless it's invitation only, which is dumb from a scientific standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by spidergirl

I do wish that and do hope that these "secret clinical trials" are real. For the sake of us all. I may not like everyone, just like everyone may not like me, but I would love to see everyone recover somewhat. I truly would....with all my heart and soul.
        That much can be agreed on. Of course now I'm dying to know more of these secret trials you know of and wish you'd devulge more...

Comment

you threw the first stone dear, and have pretty much every time...

okay, so getting back to topic... do keep us informed when your "source" decides this info is worth making public. I don't know how they think they'll start taking applications for this trial if no one knows about it... unless it's invitation only, which is dumb from a scientific standpoint.
          Um ergo darlin' i will beg to differ. Scientists that potentially have a cure that is a multi- billion dollar raffle ticket patent can do whatever the hell they want. If I was a scientist and I had a potential breakthrough in the history of medicine you think I would let my secret out??? NO!!!

That's like me having a hit record ( a song) w/ my writer and my producer and putting it a slimeballs hands only so they can recreate the song and say it's there's and what proof do I have? People do this all the time in the music industry. It's a filthy biz like that. I wouldn't think this biz would be any different in that aspect. More people will lie, cheat and steal to make it to the top than doing things in a more honarable professional way.
          Last edited by spidergirl; 17 Jun 2007, 5:11 PM.

Comment

chill.

1) announcing a trial doesn't necessarily include full public disclosure of all the details involved.

2) if it's patented, it shouldn't matter how "top secret" it is. patents are searchable. if it's not patented & holds any kind of promise of being successful, then they should probably get on that, no?

Comment

chill.

1) announcing a trial doesn't necessarily include full public disclosure of all the details involved.

2) if it's patented, it shouldn't matter how "top secret" it is. patents are searchable. if it's not patented & holds any kind of promise of being successful, then they should probably get on that, no?
              Scott I really don't know how it works in the medical/scientific field. I cannot comment on that. But in my field once you write a song the publishing is a 50/50 between the songwriter and the producer who made the track. It automatically becomes their copyright. Anything else would be infringement. If your a no name scientist, or no name credit producer whatever- than you can play it for bigger names or show your gold to other scientists and because they have more clout and leeway they can steal it in a heartbeat and leave you in the dirt because you couldn't get it too their people/investors/connections in the first place....OR they will attach themesleves to a bigger name bc they have no credit when the bigger name had nothing to do with anything other than moving them forward but at the same time taking the credit. I see this all the time. Timbaland is a perfect example. Danja Handz does all the work and Tim takes the credit. Same with Dre'. They all do it.

If this country is going to leave these soldiers fighting for our country and coming home paralyzed only to find themselves on waiting lists to get into psychiatric wards bc they are ready to hang themselves bc they are paralyzed or watched their friends face explode in front of them than naturally they would have these suicidal tendencies thinking's and hang themselves in the basement while being # 23 on a waiting list when they should be # 1. There is only so much this country is going to tolerate when this fictitious war is over IMO. So, again I don't know man but I believe things are on the horizon at least at bare minimum here.
              Last edited by spidergirl; 17 Jun 2007, 5:46 PM.

Comment

fair enough. we can just wait and see; been doing so for years already. i guess from one perspective, we're always getting closer.

out of curiousity, why the recent focus on soldiers? i'm not disagreeing w/ you, but it's not like the numbers of cases [alone] from the war will be earthshattering enough to get the attention we need, unfortunately.

Comment

fair enough. we can just wait and see; been doing so for years already. i guess from one perspective, we're always getting closer.

out of curiousity, why the recent focus on soldiers? i'm not disagreeing w/ you, but it's not like the numbers of cases [alone] from the war will be earthshattering enough to get the attention we need, unfortunately.
                  Well I believe that the soldiers are now playing an important role to this society because many are coming home paralyzed. I don't know I guess I care more. The more it hits close to home the more it's going to hit our country. They will find a cure for acutes 100% there is no doubt about that. It's us that we need to worry about and hope for bare minimums back. ( which we all will one day but it may be the difference a few dermatone levels whatever) ....

I believe in technology I have said it numerous times. Sometimes I think we might not even need stem cells. I really am not in a position to speculate on this field as it is not my expertise and in 6 months I will be 2 years post. My film will prob surface at 3 years post.

Comment

Originally posted by spidergirl
                    haha. i was speaking to you... not the boy from down under. That's your job remember? I think this whole forum is becoming more nieve by the week.
                    It's becoming snowy? The word you're looking for is naïve.

I got you on the former. Yes, it is my job to be the asshole.

Comment

Someone already caught it todd, but I like the snowy comment. Cute. What's not cute is the misery associated with SCI and all we can do is do independent research and act like omniscient beings endowed by any lead they may catch word of. Good thing this community is working together. God I'm sick of SCI and if did have the money I'm not quite sure I could resist a therapy with rumored hope no matter how preposterous it may seem.

f
                      ight

Comment

Originally posted by donz
                        Someone already caught it todd, but I like the snowy comment. Cute. What's not cute is the misery associated with SCI and all we can do is do independent research and act like omniscient beings endowed by any lead they may catch word of. Good thing this community is working together. God I'm sick of SCI and if did have the money I'm not quite sure I could resist a therapy with rumored hope no matter how preposterous it may seem.
                        Just don't try the snake oil. I hear that one is for shits.

Comment

why is it so far fetched that an experimental procedure may provide the cure or atleast be some what effective? not even saying that any present procedures work, but whats to say that clinical trials will be the only way to provide a true procedure? I feel the cure coming from clinical trials is just as far fetched as any method. something either works or it doesn't the structure of the procedure experiment or trial should have no effect..

Comment

Originally posted by Eric.S
                            why is it so far fetched that an experimental procedure may provide the cure or atleast be some what effective? not even saying that any present procedures work, but whats to say that clinical trials will be the only way to provide a true procedure? I feel the cure coming from clinical trials is just as far fetched as any method. something either works or it doesn't the structure of the procedure experiment or trial should have no effect..
                            Clinical trials are usually based on "proof of concept" in animal models.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_Nastier
                              Clinical trials are usually based on "proof of concept" in animal models.
                              lets say someone takes those animal studies and applies it to humans directly without trials. does that automatically deem the procedure false? the point being the trial is just the data portion of the procedure it doesnt make the procedure work or not. that along with testing for safety which i do feel is important...

Comment

not false, just not credible [enough].

Comment

Working...
                                X