Am I alone again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I alone again?

Am I alone who don't believe anymore about real cure for SCI? I'm c4 15y post. and I heard so much that a cure is just around the corner. That corner is now too far for me, I gave up about this.
    Like God, we hear a lot about him but we never saw him...
    Am I wrong?
    I'm sure that some of you can easily understand my feeling.
    For conclusion, life in wheelchair is nightmare forever, even more when you are c4.

Steve

Originally posted by Steve
    Am I alone who don't believe anymore about real cure for SCI? I'm c4 15y post. and I heard so much that a cure is just around the corner. That corner is now too far for me, I gave up about this.
    Am I wrong?
    For conclusion, life in wheelchair is nightmare forever, even more when you are c4.

Steve
    hope is the only think that keeps me alive.
    about a cure...i hope i will live long enough to be cured.
    if not.....bye bye blue planet...life is life until you dont die.

Comment

Yo fool I am C4 and my life is not a nightmare. So take that and rewind it back. But then again it's only been four years so who knows. I could eat my words right now three years from now. Oh no!

PS-ankle sores get infected and take my life ASAP!! Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by kkmay
        Yo fool I am C4 and my life is not a nightmare. So take that and rewind it back. But then again it's only been four years so who knows. I could eat my words right now three years from now. Oh no!

PS-ankle sores get infected and take my life ASAP!! Just kidding.
        no neuropain,spasms utis,etc?good for you.

Comment

Am I wrong?

Steve
          Steve, please don't give up. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
            no neuropain,spasms utis,etc?good for you.
            I have neurotic pain but I can tolerate it without medicine. I do have spasms and I take medicine and it's not that bad so it's cool. For UTI's I don't believe I've ever gotten one. If I did I don't think I noticed. My health is really the only good thing I have. Just my social life sucks but I try to counter it with sports as best as I can. So yeah...

Comment

Am I wrong?

Steve
              Salut Steve! Where are you from in Quebec? Don't give up, I know how you feel, the cure will come. I am 23 years post and still believe, very few believed in it when I was trying to convince people 23 years ago, we are closer than ever (I know that it cannot be otherwise but I said it anyway ...).
              Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Hello again Dr. Young,
                Thank you very much for you encouragements. Thank you again for your great great work. It's remarkable. You are a phenomene.(right word in english? )
                I don't give up for life, I have to deal with it.....but for cure it's tough to still hoping when you read so many researches and still no real good result for us so far.
                I can't imagine how I would be mentally if I would not have an excellent health like I have. No pill at all...just paralysed...lol "just".
                Friends around me help a lot also, for sure. Even 15y later, they still organize softball tournament to raise money for me that allow me to go to Florida 3 months during cold winter here. Wow...finally life is too coool....just kidding!

Ciao

Steve

Originally posted by Wise Young
                Steve, please don't give up. Wise.

Comment

Give Up?

[quote=Steve]Am I alone who don't believe anymore about real cure for SCI? I'm c4 15y post. and I heard so much that a cure is just around the corner. That corner is now too far for me, I gave up about this.
                  Am I wrong?

Not now Big Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Democrats are finally taking over...You now have hope more than ever.......Your strenghth and story will find it's way to the c/2,3,4,5,6,7,T-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,L-1,2,3,4,5,Transverse Myel, and MS ptients diagnosed Today.
                  C'mon the car accidents, shootings, the bad word from the Dr. (horrific)----HORRIFIC! TODAY, BIG DOG THERE ARE THOSE WHOM DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU GAVE UP! When Mom or Dad or neighbor or lover looks for help for the newly diagnosed they will want to believe you belive. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

Salut,
                    Quebec city Beach.....lol

Originally posted by JGNI
                    Salut Steve! Where are you from in Quebec? Don't give up, I know how you feel, the cure will come. I am 23 years post and still believe, very few believed in it when I was trying to convince people 23 years ago, we are closer than ever (I know that it cannot be otherwise but I said it anyway ...).

Comment

I sure hope there is a cure some day, but I believe it will help those injured the least amount of time the most obviously. Let's say there is a cure tomorrow and from that point on there would be no such thing as paralysis for the newly injured. That would be truly terrific, but what type of therapy is necessary so that a quadriplegic who hasn't had full use of his/her arms for over a decade, can once again do so enough to become fully independent again? I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but I have those thoughts also. I really don't care if I walk again, (although it would be nice), as long as I could be independent. Can muscle and bone atrophy to the point that useful return be near impossible?

Comment

dointime, Can muscle and bone atrophy to the point that useful return be near impossible?

i truly doubt it......bone density and muscle atrophy can be reversed

c4 for 30 years and fully plan to have total arm and hand function back in 5 years easily.
                        http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                          dointime, Can muscle and bone atrophy to the point that useful return be near impossible?

i truly doubt it......bone density and muscle atrophy can be reversed

c4 for 30 years and fully plan to have total arm and hand function back in 5 years easily.
                          Leo,

You know I have the utmost respect for you. But a few months ago I was surfing this site and back in 2001 a lot of CC senior members were certain they would be independent or walking in 2006.

Maybe we should start a cure lottery, the lucky winner could be rich.

Comment

Leo, if you are right, I love you.......lol

Steve

Originally posted by Leo

Comment

Steve,

I was going to send you a PM here, but you aren't set up for that...and you don't accept emails either...

Just was going to say to hang on...there IS hope...there always HAS to be hope...

Take care, God bless!

Teena

heartscriber@excite.com

and I am heartscriber on yahoo IM if you have that and need to talk...I will listen...or I will meet you in the chatroom here...

Comment

Working...
                              X