Clinical Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University of Miami

My understanding that the University of Miami Spinal Cord Rehabiltation has and is working with Schwan Cells and Growth Factor ( I'm not sure of what). They have applied, I think, for FDA approval to begin trials using this method. In Talking with them , they have seen 70% success rate, (I'm not sure of kind), in rats. Like I've been saying, rats are being cured all over the world. I only hope our time will come.

Comment

Way to go Wise

Is there nothing you don't knowabout, Wise? Your indepth knowledge of this mushrooming research is mind booglin and rewarding to the people on this board.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
        Dr. Wise, Do you have heard of the trails of Dr. Xu He has presented in the V.S. trails of a Schwann cell bridge in rats placed gel matrix where nerve fibers and through the growth factors BDNF and NT-3 again on a limited scale grew. But he has now added the growth factor GDNF so much more fiber and Chondroitinase ABC leaving many more nerve fibers grew which made connections with the nerve fibers to the other side of the lesion and long distance grew. Unfortunately he has not given any indication when he expects to be ready for people to try it on.

have you hear of him or his trail ?

Thank`s
        I answered you at /forum/showthread.php?t=117784

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
          My understanding that the University of Miami Spinal Cord Rehabiltation has and is working with Schwan Cells and Growth Factor ( I'm not sure of what). They have applied, I think, for FDA approval to begin trials using this method. In Talking with them , they have seen 70% success rate, (I'm not sure of kind), in rats. Like I've been saying, rats are being cured all over the world. I only hope our time will come.
          The Miami Project has spent the last several years developing GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified procedures and facilities to produce Schwann cells from peripheral nerves. They are planning to start clinical trials of Schwann cells. They will need to get FDA permission. It is not easy to get such permission and a lot of work must be done to get the necessary safety data to allow a clinical trial to take place. We are going through the same thing with umbilical cord blood cells.

Wise.

Comment

Dr. wise thank you verry much of your answer.

Do you know if ChinaSCInet are doing clinical treatments on people like China stem cell company at Shenzhen of is not the same ? en what do you think of this treatments at China stem cell company at Shenzhen are the good ?
            keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Dr. Wise,

I met you last year at the University of Georgia & I hope your well. You mentioned great results in China. Therapy 6 hours a day, 6 days a week for 6 weeks with a 50/50 success with a flush procedure or something. Have there been any improvements ? What is the leading edge procedure with best results for chronic SCI? Most promising?
              Thanks,
              Joshua Smith

Comment

Dr. Wise
                What is your opinion on this surgical procedure ?

I'm thinking of doing it, because I have a small compression on my spinal canal, (T4-T5 complete) it is not a problem at the moment, but they say I can restore some funtions and improve my quality of life.
                I've been injured 6 months, and was never operated because my fracture was stable

What is your opinion on this, please help me !!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1626077/

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2482/6/12
                Last edited by Johnnie Walked; 8 Dec 2009, 10:05 PM.
                keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Dr Young,

How are you? We have chatted on facebook before under a different name, Im the one with the rotty x german shepherd dog as a profile pic and I continually send you poker chips (hope you know who I am) well I'm here in CC to check out the clinical trials we spoke about at the end of last year that you had mentioned will possibly happen in NZ but you weren't sure about Australia, well anyway, I can't find any information here or where it mentions about guniea pigs, can you help me please?

Thanks

Azzurra ; )
                  How does a blade of grass thank the sun?

Comment

Dr Young, what is the latest on Geron's trial? Also, what is your opinion on how their technology will affect chronic conditions. I understand their trial is for acute cases within 7 days of occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
                      Dr Young, what is the latest on Geron's trial? Also, what is your opinion on how their technology will affect chronic conditions. I understand their trial is for acute cases within 7 days of occurrence.
                      There is no new information that I am aware of. I am not sure why. I had spoken to company representatives a months ago and they were hopeful that the FDA would allow the trial to go through based on the new data that they submitted last November. Wise.

Comment

Thank you ,Wise. If you learn anything in the future, please let us know.

T.J.

Comment

Wise, Dr Kerr gave a presentation at the Univ of Kentucky. I think it was in 2008. It was in reference to paralyzed rats that his focus was on. He discovered and verified what was needed for reactivation of the nervous system for the rats to respond and then recover and walk. He cleraly was with Johns Hopkins at the time. Do you know what has transpired since on this front, and what his focus is at Biogen?

Thanks in advance,
                          T.J.

Comment

Eli Lilly's Drug Assembly Line

In http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...9056659487.htm Lilly CEO, John Lechleiter, discusses new techniques (at least for Lilly) to shorten clinical trials.

The idea proved its value last year. Instead of completing one trial to determine the best dose for a diabetes drug, then launching a separate trial to determine efficacy, Lilly tested several doses at once. A team of statisticians continuously assessed the data, allowing researchers to eliminate dosages that weren't working. Once the optimal dose was known, researchers continued to test it on the same group of patients, rather than recruiting new ones for a separate phase. Timothy J. Garnett, Lilly's chief medical officer, says this approach could save the company 14 months. ...

Comment

I’m sorry if this is redundant, but I was looking for some updates on the clinical trials. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the China group is currently looking for participants and that phase two trial is going to start before the phase two trial starts in the USA. Is that trial planned to be completed before the USA trial begins or will they be going on at the same time? Is all the funding secured for the phase two trial in China? If no, how much more is needed? Is all the funding secured for the phase two trial in USA? If no, how much more is needed?

I think it will be easier to get to our financial goals if we can see where we are right now and where we need to be.

Comment

I'm surprised that no one has responded since my last post. No body has this information? When I approach potential donors, should I just say say that we need to raise money? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places on here, but I need to have some more information if I am going to help push the fundraising efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X