Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Schmeky
    Spidergirl,

You made a comment several months ago stating you thought robotics or something similar would benefit us first. You may have been right since an exoskeleton is currently undergoing clinical trials with completion and availability of an exoskeleton scheduled for sometime in 2009. If it is feasible, this is the route I will probably take.

The political climate in the USA for large scale funding is still not ripe for SCI clinical trials. Perhaps if there is a Dem in the White House chances will certainly be better, but with the current fiscal mess Bush has created for us, SCI funding will be a very low priority.
    Technology? Maybe science w/ technology? It seems that would happen a lot quicker. A component maybe. Its so hard to say because I cant say. I think we are looking at many options here.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Comment

• Trials for chronics? That'd be so awesome. This is now bookmarked. I'd be the first to put in an application. Thanks for the constant trying, Dr. Wise. You're awesome. I wish so many of the blind to the issue people were like you

Comment

• Originally posted by Wise Young
        Depending on the phase 2 results and regulatory requirements, hopefully phase 3. Wise.
        any indications on the results yet? I"d guess P3 would be meaningless unless P2 was working to some extent...
        rob

Comment

• Originally posted by rvr
          any indications on the results yet? I"d guess P3 would be meaningless unless P2 was working to some extent...
          The phase 2 trials are needed for us to show safety, feasibility, and dosing (as well as providing answers to other questions to make the phase 3 trial more likely to succeed). It is very frustrating trying to get clinical trials going. We have been slowed down for several months by the Sichuan earthquake. Anyway, we are continuing to push as hard as we can.

Wise.

Comment

• and the terrific initiative and perseverance by you and the team are apprecited. Scott.

Comment

• when do think we will see any results and if so tel us what thay will be. if it is only to keep s going
              AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

• phase A.B.C.?

Originally posted by Wise Young
                Depending on the phase 2 results and regulatory requirements, hopefully phase 3. Wise.
                how many phase is there going too be please do not go to phase Z
                AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

Comment

• Originally posted by c.mcadam322@btinternet.co
                  Now we learning ABC of cure

2005,then 2006, then 2007......now Its hopefully 2009 ....then it will be next decade...

http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store

Comment

• http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/9482039/...vo_roboticsuit

the robotic suit in trials.

according to the new president of the CA initiative - it'll be 10 (yes ten) years before anything hits the streets from their efforts. assuming they are successful early on.

guess we know the score.
                    rob

Comment

• Originally posted by c.mcadam322@btinternet.co
                      phase 2 studies are intended to optimize the therapies. Phase 3 studies are intended to assess the efficacy of the therapy, usually a large scale multicenter trial.

Wise.

Comment

• Lithium and SCI

Dr. Young, you probably have already seen this but in case you haven't it's an interesting paper on why/how lithium could be beneficial for SCI.

Treatments with GSK-3 inhibitors including a clinical dose of lithium to rats with thoracic spinal cord transection or contusion injuries induce significant descending corticospinal and serotonergic axon sprouting in caudal spinal cord and promote locomotor functional recovery.
                        http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content...act/28/36/8914

Comment

• just need to try stuff on humans now,, =)

Comment

• Originally posted by lee.thompson84 View Post
                            just need to try stuff on humans now,, =)
                            The ChinaSCINet trials led by Dr. Young are investigating the safety and theraputic benefits of lithium on humans. Search the forum for ChinaSCINet and lithium.

Comment

• Originally posted by litespeed4 View Post
                              The ChinaSCINet trials led by Dr. Young are investigating the safety and theraputic benefits of lithium on humans. Search the forum for ChinaSCINet and lithium.
                              and when do you think thay will try than on human's

Comment

• Quick question, Hans Keirstead from UCI is gonna be doin human ES for spinal cord?

how is he circumventing immune rejection? My knowledge was the Geron already spent extensive resources and the FDA said "no", how is little UCI gonna do what Geron could not? just a quesiton, hope im wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X