Hope for complete's, chronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope for complete's, chronics?

I have a hard time keeping up, some of the snippets I am able to digest seem to say that it's the incompletes and acutes who will benefit. Of course that is good but IS there some hope for the complete's? I try not to be too greedy, even a level or two would help so much. The higher cervical injuries are so devastating and trying to keep fit is getting harder both financially and logistically. Hearing on the news about the mouse walking, being interviewed by the news media here about ESC research, sometimes I get so upset that it isn't already in place and ready for trials. My patience gets thin and more often I get so angry when I see the divisive snide comments, course it could be the emergent catheter change at 3 in the morning that is contributing to my anxiety.

All I can say

Is I agree with everything you say. A Cure or at least partial recovery of function for Chronic SCI is long overdue.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

give me back my bladder and bowel control.
      Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc
        Same here.
        T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

Hi Lilsister. Based on the info. posted on CC, looks like the only researchers with something near term (within the next 1-3 years) in line for chronics are Wise, Borgens and McDonald. Dr. Huang is also starting a schwann plus oeg trial for chronics.

Comment

Don't forget Total-Record and Neuraxo!!!!

Comment

I just wish my husband had his hands back. We are slowly getting used to everything else, but the lack of dexterity in his hands is such a source of frustration. And he is 55. When I hear them say 3-5 years for human trials... I could just cry.

Comment

Thanks Cherry. I always forget about Neuraxo.

I'm with you guys. BB, finger flexion and trunk control alone would significantly improve my QOL.

Comment

being able to feel sex would improve my QOL to the point where I wouldn't even worry about something like QOL.

Comment

Im with the 'i want the whole deal cos' its possible and coming' posse

Comment

you know...

you know....nobody important in the research field is reading this, and worse, nobody really cares! Each day somebody is getting the bad news that we all recieved, and thus it continues... As Miami Project stated, " some of us will certainly live to see clinical trials in our lifetime". Forgive me if I'm less than thrilled with this anemic statement.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc
                        Yes, that would be huge.
                        Step up, stand up for:
                        http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrylips
                          Im with the 'i want the whole deal cos' its possible and coming' posse
                          DITTO !!
                          Step up, stand up for:
                          http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Comment

I just want to be able to get out of bed & on my couch with out a transfer board.
                            "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

I want everything but bowel & bladder would be a significant improvement. For Now! LOL
                              T7 MVA 9/12/04

Life is just a collection of memories. - C.W. McCall Aurora Borealis

Comment

Working...
                              X