Dr. Douglas Kerr - Stem cells regrow damaged nerves in rats: study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Now what it metters is that the truth comes out and if you know facts that can help to find out the truth make the best you can with them. Then find peace reinventing yourself if it is necessary.
    Paolo, the statements presented so far did not help any truth come out. The person was so clueless they don't even know where Dr. Kerr works, or what he does! It's simply defamation and garbage. That's the fact.

Reinventing oneself is fine, but reinventing others is not. I don't believe there is any anger or need to be.

People imagine themselves as quite stealth and untouchable with defamation of character until their IP address is tracked. That's when they actually become quite "sad and sickened", not prior to that unless they want their names added to the defamation lawsuit or are attempting to taint a judgement. Either way I take grave offense to the obvious attempted manipulation of facts and infringment of rights.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 14 Aug 2011, 6:36 PM.
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

I see that the last post on this subject is a couple of months old...but I'll throw my 2 cents in here....

I know for a fact that Dr. Kerr left Johns Hopkins on his own free will...as I am good friends with Dr. Kerr's cousin, whom I happen to know, because we both have Transverse Myelitis and this person stays in frequent contact with Dr. Kerr.

The thing that does trouble me though, is the fact that it seems that Dr. Kerr is now working on other projects instead of concentrating solely on a cure for TM.

I just came across this article today....which I would have expected Biogen Idec to be on the list of top companies for stem cell research for a cure for TM...and they aren't...
      http://seekingalpha.com/article/2987...m-cell-company

I have an email out to my friend that is Dr. Kerr's cousin and will hopefully get some first hand info soon.

I want this info because I run some TM support groups and Facebook pages....and I want to make sure that I get the correct info to my members.....

Be well.....
      Kevin

Comment

Goes by the moniker, "Gunny," right? That's Dr Kerr's cousin. Former Sheriff's Deputy? I remember being in contact with him several, several years ago.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
          Goes by the moniker, "Gunny," right? That's Dr Kerr's cousin. Former Sheriff's Deputy? I remember being in contact with him several, several years ago.
          Yes...that is correct...he goes by Gunny....Richard Boyle is his name...
          he and I are good friends and we work together in a non-profit organization called the International Disability Coalition...to help raise funds that go to TM research...

I actually just got a note back from "Gunny" and he laid it on the line, regarding what Dr. Kerr is doing....
          Quote...
          Yes he is, but he's just not concentrating on TM anymore. He's concentrating on any Neuro Disease with the potential of finding a cure for all. Since TM is considered an orphan disease, more people are likely donate monies to any sort of development that cures ALS, MS, and the like. If there's a cure for one, then there's a cure for all. Motor Neuron Disease encompasses TM as well as ALS etc.

So...there we have it.....

Comment

Waiting for some breakthrough for years but nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
              Waiting for some breakthrough for years but nothing yet.
              Yep....we continue to wait....and even then, the human stem cell treatments that are currently happening, have to be started on the person within 7 - 14 days of the onset occurring....(from what I have read anyway)
              So, with that said....for newbies, there may be a chance....
              For this of us that have had TM for awhile.....probably not too much of a chance...

Which for me, is okay...My biggest concern ever since I got TM....and realized how nasty it is....is that I don't want to see young children have to deal with this.....so if there can be a breakthrough for a possible cure....and they can apply it to young kids shortly after they develop TM...and that gives them a chance to be cured of it....then that is good.

Comment

Screw that! I want my bladder/bowel back through nerve grafting even 26yrs later - I'm certain I've earned it!
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Screw that! I want my bladder/bowel back through nerve grafting even 26yrs later - I'm certain I've earned it!
                  I totally get where you're coming from.....after just three years....and I still wish I could pee without having to use a catheter...and not worry about having a bowel accident....
                  and I could certainly enjoy not having to deal with the pain anymore too.....

I only say I'm okay with newbies having a chance at getting cured...especially the little kids...because I know that once the medical field gets to that point, then I know that there will eventually be a chance for the rest of us too.....

God, I hope anyway.....

Comment

Kevin did u get some news from ur friend about Dr Kerr?

Any updates to you?

Is something going to happen good from Kerr for us?

Comment

Kevin did u get some news from ur friend about Dr Kerr?

Any updates to you?

Is something going to happen good from Kerr for us?
                      Jawaid....No new news...other than what I had posted previously.
                      I suspect that it will be awhile before we hear anything new....

Comment

Kevin will Kerr not be able to start trial in year or so?

Is he thinking for only stem cell or with some combination for chronic SCI?

Comment

Kevin will Kerr not be able to start trial in year or so?

Is he thinking for only stem cell or with some combination for chronic SCI?
                          I honestly don't know what Dr. Kerr's time frame is going to be...I haven't heard anything specific from him.

As far as when the treatments start...I suppose it will be just stem cell treatments for some....and perhaps a combination of that and medication for others...
                          What I do know, is that the ones that are going to be given the first opportunity at stem cell treatment, are those that have the most recent onset of TM....They would have the best opportunity for a better recovery...
                          I don't know what will happen for those of us that have had TM for awhile...
                          I'm sure that info will be released when they get closer to this actually happening...

Comment

Nerve grafting for bowel/bladder

Dear Lynnifer,

Will you be getting nerve graft surgery for bowel and bladder? Where will you be doing this? Do you know anyone who has had this? How successful is it? Would appreciate any information. Thanks.

Comment

Nothing available to patients yet ... but I'm putting all my eggs in Dr Silver at Case Western's basket.

Comment

nerve grafting for bowel/bladder

Nothing available to patients yet ... but I'm putting all my eggs in Dr Silver at Case Western's basket.
                                Is that the chase therapy?

Comment

Working...
                                X