John McDonald/NTT Project Underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by judykerperien
    Well Said Spidergirl!!!!!! Less Than 5 Years I Also Think Is Right. Ok Dr. Wise, Could You Please Talk To Dr. Mcdonald When We Are All In Washington, Maybe You Two Great Men Could Work Togehter. Just A Thought--- Wish----dream---- Hope---
    They do different kinds of research. But, it was so nice of you to think of our Dr. Young.

Also, this topic was hyjacked, it was about McDonald's procedure, not about the Christopher Reeve Bills.

CR Bills belong in advocacy.

Maybe Dr. Youngs post should be split and sent to Funding and Legislation or even members only.

Be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by howboutdis
      They do different kinds of research. But, it was so nice of you to think of our Dr. Young.

Also, this topic was hyjacked, it was about McDonald's procedure, not about the Christopher Reeve Bills.

CR Bills belong in advocacy.

Maybe Dr. Youngs post should be split and sent to Funding and Legislation or even members only.

Be consistent.
      Agreed. I am getting sick & tired of a lot of things goin off course. I am also not sure which direction everyone is takin here....there's such little talk of what WE are all gonna do as a group to get cured faster instead i think everyone is waiten around lettin the next guy do the work. I think the scientists should come to this sight and explain to us what they are doin so that we can know which direction to help. Dr. Y has said numerous x we need $ for clinical trials well than ok...we are not the Walton family so how as a group can we do this? And i don't mean to contradict my statement but Dr. McDonald apparently needs 2 million.
      Last edited by spidergirl; 3 Apr 2006, 10:17 PM.
      Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Comment

There comes a day when one must take a stand!

I agree that Dr.McDonald's NTT project got hyjacked by the CR bill.

I was just thinking... of what places the spinal cord injury cell transplants studies could be carried out with people who are experienced, interested and with a strong financial suport?

In Schmeky's famous list of trials, none this scientist have ever run a spinal cord injury clinical trial. This includes Strittmatter, Keirstead, Raisman, Fawcett (Bradbury), Ramon-Cueto, Bunge, Sugaya, Roisen, Windebank, Fischer, Rathbone, Xu. The only one in Schmeky's list with any clinical trial experience is John McDonald.

As you know, the NTT Project is underway in the Amazon with monkeys, their timetable seems to have over come the ethical and financial roadblocks we have in the US.

The NTT project with an International team assembled by The Kennedy Krieger Institute, and Johns Hopkins [because John McDonald is there] with the expertise of Dr. McDonald in collaboration of Dr.Visar Belegu and Dr.Andres Hurtado of The Miami Project along with the Colombian team of Dr.Patarroyo and Dr. Lugena, world class experts in vitro fertilization. They will assure the purity of the cells. http://carecure.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9339&d=1143929330

This is from Kennedy krieger Institute...
        Overview: The problem in the past has been the inability to 1) obtain a cell that would be appropriate for the spinal cord and 2) be able to transplant it in an efficient, economical fashion. Now we think we are on the verge of discovering how to overcome these problems, both the cell that can be transplanted and do the repair job and the method that allows transfer of the cells into the spinal cord in an efficient and cost-effective fashion. Rather than send the person to the hospital for major surgery, with major expense and major risk, we can now accomplish the same procedure on an outpatient basis with little risk and with little money. In the process of doing this, we will use monkeys that have similar anatomy as the human being. We will utilize the expertise of experienced colleagues in Colombia, South America, where we can accomplish the monkey research with 1/15`h the cost. Finally we are working on a new method for producing stem cells that can do the job of repairing the damaged spinal cord. To accomplish these goals, $500,000.00 is needed. Obtaining these funds in two months will maintain the current momentum. We need your help now.

I am in contact with Colombian locals to get more info.

My humble opinion is that the Bogota, Colombia, South America with such a great team, under FDA protocols and at 1/15th of the cost in the US, may be "THE ROAD TO TAKE".

Glider.
        Glider

Comment

There are members on this forum that could write a check for 2 million dollars. How to get them to donate is the obstacle for the NTT Project.

Comment

please if someone has that kind of money to invest, I invite them to contact Joy Dobler or Dr. McDonald, both would be more thatn willing to explain the research in detail.

The Baders and I have raise thirty thousand dollars for the research and Cody has two more fund raisers planned for this month, but we can not raise 2 million.

I will gladly help anyone who needs to get in touch with Joy or Dr. McDonald.

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

I am in Colombia, i´ve been hearing about starting trials with primates in Bogota since las year, i saw Dr Mcdonald here, i even was in a conference with him in 2003... anyway, i know that he´s making contacts here, but i don´t know ANYTHING about the trials, and i think i´m well informed, so, or they are very very quiet and private, very rare in this country, or they didn´t started yet.

I think taht if someone has his mail, or can contact him in any way, nothing better than that to know what´s going on.

Berny
              Last edited by berny; 4 Apr 2006, 5:32 PM.
              Berny.

Comment

Community Raffle??

Is There A Way That We Could Do A Raffle Through The Carecure Forum? We Could Have Some Type Of Ticket Raffle With Cash Prize, And The Remaining Monies Raised Could Go To Dr. Mcdonalds Project. If All The Carecure Members Take 5 - 10 Books Of Tickets And Sell Them, I Think We Could Make A Huge Donation To Get The Trial Started. It's Time To Step Up And Make This Happen. Anyone Else Have Any Ideas To Get This Started??

Comment

Originally posted by wis
                  Is There A Way That We Could Do A Raffle Through The Carecure Forum? We Could Have Some Type Of Ticket Raffle With Cash Prize, And The Remaining Monies Raised Could Go To Dr. Mcdonalds Project. If All The Carecure Members Take 5 - 10 Books Of Tickets And Sell Them, I Think We Could Make A Huge Donation To Get The Trial Started. It's Time To Step Up And Make This Happen. Anyone Else Have Any Ideas To Get This Started??
                  This we would like to see. It would be nice to see that happen. But so far I have seen someone post to try to get Dr. Young involved in this procedure, why this pleasure of having everything revolve around Dr. Young? I doubt something like this would happen on CareCure, It's always been about Dr. Young and putting gas in his bus. How grassroots is carecure if everything is always centered around Dr. Young. Yes we know he doesn't sit by the pool and smoke and drink, yet Hans and McDonald have some stuff ready to try.

Comment

Schmecky-
                    where is the 7 year timeframe? My newsletter didn't say that, is that what Joy Dobler said? Also what are the phases with completed projection times? thanks for the info.

Comment

starfish,

The first "newsletter" was a multi-page document. It was accidentally thrown away (my house keeper) by accident. The time frame of <7 years was in this document. I suggest you contact the organization and request a copy. I am sorry.

There were no phase to phase completion time frames provided, just the acitivities this year through September.

Comment

Originally posted by judykerperien
                        please if someone has that kind of money to invest, I invite them to contact Joy Dobler or Dr. McDonald, both would be more thatn willing to explain the research in detail.

The Baders and I have raise thirty thousand dollars for the research and Cody has two more fund raisers planned for this month, but we can not raise 2 million.

I will gladly help anyone who needs to get in touch with Joy or Dr. McDonald.

Judy,

I will personally donate $2,000 to Dr. John McDonald's NTT project by the end of this month, which is 0.1% of what is required to be raised. I hope my minimal effort will help in the best way it can. Dr. McDonald, thanks for all that you do!!!

Suzanne
                        Last edited by poonsuzanne; 5 Apr 2006, 2:30 AM.
                        Suzanne

Comment

Thank You so very much Suzanne !!!!!!! Every amount helps!!!! I am so looking forward to meeting you in Washington D. C.

Comment

Wis, Community Raffel, Great Idea!! If there is enough interest in doing this, I can work with Joy Dobler to get this started. 50/50 is the type I have seen done before. Any objections on getting this started on care/cure. Please let me know. I can be reached by email judykerp@yahoo.com. Thanks

Comment

Hi Judykerperien,
                              I Think 50/50 Raffles Work Great, I Have Done A Couple Of Them When I Had To Raise Money To Go To Dr. Kao And Also When I Went To Moscow. I Have Raised Several Thousand Dollars Using 50/50 Raffles In A Small Community, With All The People On This Site Selling Tickets To Thier Family And Friends, We Could Raise A Huge Amount Of Money!!!!!!!

Comment

Wis, Have been in contact with Joy Dobler and we believe the raffel is "doable". Waiting on Dr. McDonald's ok, he is out of town. Will let you know soon. We need people to say yes or no on the selling of tickets, to make this work we need alot of people. I placed a thread in funds to add your name if you would like to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X