Inclined Bed Study Download John Cann Walking On TV News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inclined Bed Study Download John Cann Walking On TV News

Inclined Bed Study (Pilot Multiple sclerosis study archive)
    I have been painstakingly putting together the posts from the Old Inclined To Sleep Inclined online diary study, which closed when Insidetheweb shut down their service. I have recently figured out how to retrieve the data from this file which contained all of the posts, some of which are fascinating, showing just how effective this simple therapy really is. I mentioned this study in a previous post a few years back, explaining how the data had been lost.
    Wise, if you could read through this thread it will shed some light on why people with spinal injuries are responding positively to this method.
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/inclined_to_sleep_inclined?hl=en

Click On the link below to download and watch John Cann Walking on Carlton Television News, after almost 11 years of paralysis below his injury site.

What the video shows:

Spinal Cord Injury

On Saturday April 15th 2000, John obtained the timber for parallel bars to be erected at his home in Cornwall, On Sunday I went to John's home and completed the job, for tomorrow was to be a momentous occasion indeed.

John was left paralysed, in 1990, when surgery to his spine went wrong. He was told that after two years any chance of further recovery would be highly unlikely and for the next six years he experienced little if any change in his condition.

Monday morning I am on my way to John's home in Cornwall, to meet with Tim Iredale, who is a news reporter for Carlton Television Southwest. We intended to witness something truly magical. But could not have imagined what was in store for us.

John was about walk in front of a television camera and crew for the first time in close to ten years. John had told me that he had regained the ability to move his legs, but I had grossly underestimated how much function John had regained.

During the interview, John was asked to show how he manages to get out of bed now and he transferred with ease both in and out of bed, leaning back and lifting his legs. He was then asked to raise his legs while lying on the bed and he obliged with ease. When asked if he could feel when touched on his legs, he replied my legs feel like normal legs instead of heavy weights. John then went on to explain how much of the swelling in his legs had gone-and that this flies in the face of the current act of elevating the legs above the heart. Advise from the medical profession, which John duly ignored in favour of sleeping with his legs down.

Fortunately for John this meant that he could now wear ankle braces and special shoes, which would, provided support for his substantially weakened and as yet unresponsive ankles.

John approached the parallel bars in his wheel chair and applied the brakes when he was in position. He grasped the two ends of the parallel bars and using his legs he pushed himself into a vertical position. Towering some six feet four inches, John moved one leg in front of the other, bending the knees as he lifted each leg to walk 12 feet to the end of the bars. I turned and looked at Tim and saw disbelief and astonishment flash across his face, I bet my face was a sight to behold too. John then turned his powerful 19 stone body around and walked, yes walked back to his chair. Struggling and somewhat weakened by the experience, he lowered his body into the chair and his face had the expression of a boxer who had just knocked down his opponent. He said casually: 'Was that alright'? John had indeed delivered a powerful blow to his opponent.
    Fortunately heavy rain prevented us from doing a retake and the rest of the interview took place in John's bedroom.

When the story was finished and everyone was ready to leave, I turned and thanked the camera man and Tim Iredale, who turned and said that this is one of those days that you will always remember, one of those days when you know exactly what you were doing.

The cameraman said while shaking my hand that: ' it has been a privilege to work with me and witness the results from such a simple application'.

I drove home the richest man alive that day and will remember it for the rest of my days.

On Monday the 17th April 2000 I waited for the local news on Carlton TV and saw the opening news which pictured me looking down my Naturesway Sleep System, a simple bed designed for to take us into the new millennium. After the interlude the fun really started. John was walking for everyone in the South West of England to see, at least. The news stayed focused on the remarkable effects of two eight-inch blocks tucked under the head end of John's bed. No $billion research, no waiting for the next ten years to see if it works and no room for any refutation of the results, which were plain for everyone to see on Carlton Television, News, Language Science Park, Plympton, Plymouth, Devon, UK. But John is not the only person with a spinal cord injury, who is benefiting from the effects of gravity, in fact there are two more people in the Torbay Area of Devon who are making steady progress.

Sunday Independent April 16th,2000 page 4 Burrington Way, Plymouth PL5 3LN UK

The file is 32.6 MB (34,200,035 bytes) zipped MPEG.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13376429/InsightSci_135-6649.rar.html

Link to Online Diary Study and more information about this simple non-invasive therapy: http://carecure.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Hope this is received with the same warmth as it is sent

Andrew
    Last edited by Andrew K Fletcher; 1 Mar 2006, 5:09 AM.
    Find us on Facebook using inclined bed therapy as a search term.
    sigpic

I thought CC got rid of you...

Everone on CC do a search on "Fletcher" in the cure section. The posts are self-explanatory on his so called "treatment."

Deb
    "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

oo good thing i didn't try it then if it could do harm, thanks!
      Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
      http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
      My regular blog:
      http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by wcrabtex
        I have made a number of posts and listed references to the effects of gravity on the venous and lymphatic drainage systems of the human body. You can access my posts on this website. I normally do not respond to the bizarre, but in this case Mr. Fletcher's reccomendations can yield significant harm.

wcr
        significant and serious from what I understand.
        Daniel

Comment

We started sleeping on the inclined bed about 3 1/2 months ago. My husband is L1 and we figured it couldn't hurt. It did not take long to get used to at all. In that time, he has started to sweat on his legs and in the last 3 weeks, his feet now sweat also. He now gets goose bumps on his legs when he is cold. He has good sensation to know that his bladder is full. It even wakes him up occasionally. As far as bowel program goes, he is pretty close to going without any stim. He just needs to go in about 1/4 inch and twirl for 20 seconds to get the sphincter to open and then push... The swelling in his lower legs and feet (which has increased since he started using the Easystand Glider) always goes down over night. Just a few days ago, he started being able to get on all fours and crawl for about 10 ft. Would this all have happened anyway? There is no way to know...

Comment

I forgot to mention that my husband is almost 7 months post.

Comment

Let me see if I can put things in perspective for anyone reading this thread.

If any of these positive results so far in this study, had been reported as a positive development from stem cells, would there be any of this adverse nonsense?
              NO!

Is tilting the bed by 6-8 inches as potentially life threatening as injecting stem cells into the spine?
              NO!

Would you rather go under the knife than propping your bed up with a couple of blocks of wood?
              I very much doubt it.

Do the old posts as Deb mentioned speak for themselves should you do a search?
              Yes they do, providing you ignore all of the mindless rants and carefully analyse what the few people that had actually tilted their bed were adding to the threads. But these threads will reveal a great deal more about the Inclined Bed’s adversaries.

I liken it to a sketch in the film the Life of Brian, where a stoning was taking place. One person throws a stone then others join in and more and more stones are hurled even though no one actually knows why the stones are being thrown.

Now, if this study can be conducted in a calm and decent adult manor, we shall see exactly what this simple –non-invasive free therapy is capable of.

And, as the reports from the few people that are in a position to comment on the inclined bed by participating in this study suggest, we are already observing significant improvements with people who have spinal cord injuries.

Please do try to download the short video of John Cann walking on Carlton Television, as this does indeed speak for itself.

Click On the link below to download and watch John Cann Walking on Carlton Television News, after almost 11 years of paralysis below his injury site.

The file is 32.6 MB (34,200,035 bytes) zipped MPEG.
              http://rapidshare.de/files/13376429/InsightSci_135-6649.rar.html
              Last edited by Andrew K Fletcher; 1 Mar 2006, 8:46 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

We have to pay to download the file...

Comment

Andrew,

I suggest you contact Jerry Springer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                    We have to pay to download the file...
                    its free to dl just very confusing to do it,
                    cauda equina

Comment

No Steve, the download is free, just select the free option to the right of the premium service.

The only difference is a 30 second delay prior to downloading.

Andrew
                      sigpic

Comment

Fletcher,

Stop posting this nonsense all you are doing is harming the newbies in this community. The only reason the gentleman that was 7 months post got any sensation back was because it was a newer injury. He would have got it back w/o inclining his bed. Don't you realize the damage you could be inflicting on some who try your "cure." Please have a heart and stop this now. Yes stem cells are scary but they do trials to make sure they "first do no harm."

By the way you are not a doctor if I remember correctly.

Deb

Comment

I have never claimed to be a doctor!

Can you not see the results from others; are you blind to the facts? Have you not seen John Cann walking on tv after 11 years of paralysis? Why did you and a few others ignore all of the positive reports from two years back when the slag off brigade decided to take it upon themselves to discourage others from trying it?

Where is the evidence that sleeping on a five to seven degree incline is harmful?
                          What is stopping people that believe it is harmful from going back to sleeping flat?
                          Who was the genius that decided the human race should sleep flat, when other animals around us, including stupid sheep and cattle have decided that flat is probably not that good?

Why did the ancient Egyptians incline their own beds by raising the head end 6 inches to affect a five-degree angle?

Why were the beds in the Tudor Period 4 feet six inches long? Answer, because if they slept flat, they died young!

Why do infants that are born prematurely fare better on an inclined mattress?

How come you ignored the post of a person who was some 27 yeas post injury reporting significant improvements, including a return of sensation?

How many babies have been aborted for me to conduct this research?
                          How many animals have been subjected to horrendous suffering and eventual deaths for this therapy to reach the people that need it most?

You may want to wait around for another 10 or twenty or even fifty years to see if something happens along. But while you are waiting for this to happen, let us see what can be done without countless billions of dollars of research money, two blocks of wood and an online diary.

Andrew
                          sigpic

Comment

Most the people you mentioned aren't paralyzed. You are not a doctor so you have no clue what you are doing. I had severe DVTs and since you aren't a doctor I'll explain what that means. It's Deep Vein Thrombosis. Had I tried your experiment during that phase of my paralysis I could have lost both feet. You don't realize how suscepitle SCI victims are prone to blood clots and your little study is extremely dangerous. I guarantee I know more about paralysis than you'll ever know because I have been living with it for 5 years. As far as your "How babies have been aborted for me to conduct this research?
                            How many animals have been subjected to horrendous suffering and eventual deaths for this therapy to reach the people that need it most?" Just conyinues to prove you aren't educated enough to be messing with people's lives.

Do you even read this forum?

Deb

Comment

I'm a little confused, how would lying at slight angle for 7-8 hours be more likely to cause a blot clot than sitting in a chair for up to 18 hours (in my case)?

PS: I'm not a doctor so confusion is allowed

Comment

Working...
                              X