Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REPORTS OF PATIENTS TREATED BY DR. GEETA SHROFF, INDIA (Human Embryonic Stem Cells)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck shweta. Wish you success with the treatment.
    Good luck and god bless you. It is really very nice of you to keep us all informed about the details. You have our best wishes.
    Good luck.

Comment

Your Most welcome Atul...

Roshni, Im not sure if the treatment for all patients was similar or not... Maybe Shweta might be able to answer that better as she herself is currently undergoing this treatment and she can get first hand info from the doctors... Hope she replies here about this...

Cheers,
      Melwin
      'CHEERS~N~PEACE'

Comment

Shweta, we all r always with u
        best of luck, end of ur bad time,
        God listen all of us
        pavel

Comment

hello"
          i am a 21 years old frenchman, in July 2003 i suffered a spinal injury (level C 5-6) and since then i am paralysed... i think of visiting India and Dehli soon to maybe undergo Dr Shroff treatment, but i would need more informations related to the accomodation and movement there for handicap persons because i think i will need assistance to go to the doctor's clinic.All usefull and interesting informations would be very appreciated as it's a unknown and far country to me!thanks very much in advance for your help;Adolphe Guerdner"

Comment

Yes all were embyronic cells.

I personally met today poonam who was bedrest from 12 years but now she was on wheelchair. she gained sensation till lower back, bowel sensation, short time bowel period which was first 2 to 3 hrs,she wasnt able to sit but now on wheelchair. juat 6 months went. she was really happy. i today met her in clinic. i met many patients n all said that progress is there but slow pace but very hopeful.

yesterday i also had a talk with krishna. she now hving sensation which she didnt had first, bowel control, shes able to stand up and walk with help of braces and walker which she wasnt first. all patients here givve hopes to me.
            ChemistOnline.in

Comment

Originally posted by fti
              hello"
              i am a 21 years old frenchman, in July 2003 i suffered a spinal injury (level C 5-6) and since then i am paralysed... i think of visiting India and Dehli soon to maybe undergo Dr Shroff treatment, but i would need more informations related to the accomodation and movement there for handicap persons because i think i will need assistance to go to the doctor's clinic.All usefull and interesting informations would be very appreciated as it's a unknown and far country to me!thanks very much in advance for your help;Adolphe Guerdner"

Hello Adolphe,I have replied to your Private Message. First please decide if you really want to go in for this treatment after discussing with your docs and family. Also i would suggest you to get in touch with Dr. Shroff and her team and clear out any doubts/questions you might have about the procedure. The current Cost for Indians is equivalent to Approx USD 12000. However i hear that they have applied for Patents and the prices will rise once they get their patent through. Apart from this other costs such as accomodation for 45 days would depend on what type of accomodation you decide to choose. If u wish to stay at a 3 star hotel it would cost approx USD 4k to 6k for the 45 days. If you wish to stay in a furnished rented apartment it would cost approx 1K for a well furnished apartment. Cost of renting a car with a chauffer would cost approx USD30 - USD 40 Per day. If you wish to stay in a rented appartment your might have to make arrangements for your meals. There are quiet a few multi-cusine, continental hotels which do provide free home delivery. The only problem incase of Apartments is finding an apartment which is wheelchair accessable. However i would suggest you not to worry about these for now. Please make a well informed decision if you really want to go in for this treatment at this point of time. Also please consider your other options like china/turkey and their likes.Rest assured if you ever decide to come down to India i will try my best to help you in any possible way although i stay in western India and Delhi is up north. But i do know a few people who might be willing to help the cause.Hope this info helps. The prices i mentioned are only approximates and could be 15% on the upper or lower side.Till next Time..Regards,Melwin
              'CHEERS~N~PEACE'

Comment

I think that most of us, who are paralyzed wont to regain some more motoric function , especially us who are quads with bad or no finger movement , in my case I really don’t care of sensation I just wont to move my finger to become indipedentent ad to stop filing cold,

What do you think…

Comment

does anyone know if these patients are complete or incomplete. Thank you

Comment

Yes. some were complete n some were incomplete.

The patient i met name krishna was having motor power little but no sensation.

Patien Poonam had nothing.no motor or sensation but now regaining slowly slowly.
                    ChemistOnline.in

Comment

I had first shot yesterday. Its kinda funny when all ask something happened, can u feel motor power, is nething abnormal, n bla bla.lol.

I m also waiitng for something to happen. but it will take time. but my legs became less spastic. i m not sure that this is effect of cells or baclofen injecting.

Dr.Young, less spastic can be effect of cells? what do u think?

Other members also who hv undergone therapy pls tell me whether ur spasticity went loose due to therapy instantly or not?

My second shot is on monday.
                      ChemistOnline.in

Comment

Originally posted by quadc5
                        I think that most of us, who are paralyzed wont to regain some more motoric function , especially us who are quads with bad or no finger movement , in my case I really don’t care of sensation I just wont to move my finger to become indipedentent ad to stop filing cold,

What do you think…
                        Hi.. Im sailing in the same boat as your bro, n i would like to regain some functions too.. i have myself not decided on the treatment yet, so it would be wrong on my part to give any advice... I would suggest you to get in touch with the team of doctors working here. It would help u make a well informed decision. Also our friend Shweta is currently undergoing the treatment and as she says, most patients she has met are pretty happy with their progress... lets hope n pray that shweta also finds alot of improvement so that we can get first hand info from her too...
                        'CHEERS~N~PEACE'

Comment

is it only injections ? or there will be surgery at some point ? im not following ?

Comment

stem cells

e stem cell research is unethical and a ban should be placed around the world against this dastardly research. Since it has been grossly hyped since day one, we don't know if any of this will even work, so we should quite and focus our resources on adult stem cells and care for the invalids.

Comment

Shwetarose--this is very interesting information! Thank you for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by damagedgoods
                                e stem cell research is unethical and a ban should be placed around the world against this dastardly research. Since it has been grossly hyped since day one, we don't know if any of this will even work, so we should quite and focus our resources on adult stem cells and care for the invalids.
                                That's your opinion... time will tell who is right...

I hope you will walk as all of us soon, but if a cure will come out from ESC how long would you stay sit watching us walk?

Paolo
                                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X