Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss medica

Hey guys,

has anyone heard of Swiss medica clinic?

they do stem cell treatment for a variety of conditions including spinal cord injuries.

currently, I am in contact with them to learn more about their treatments.

they have a combination treatment that includes Autologous bone marrow and No4 Allogeneic Cultivated Umbilical Cord-derived Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells as well as Electromyostimulation .

they don’t however have a workout program after the therapy. so that area, if I choose to in role in the therapy, I’m going to have to do on my own.

anyway, I am seriously considering doing the therapy but wanted to share this with you guys and see what everyone thinks including Dr Young I hope.

How much are they charging you for this? A legitimate clinical trial is at no cost to the subjects.
    Where do they put the stem cells and how?
    Where are they located? (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• Barrington314mx
      Barrington314mx commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a therapy not a trial.

• SCI-Nurse
      SCI-Nurse commented
      Editing a comment
      Approved by whom?
      Located where?
      How are the stem cells administered and where?
      How much $$$ does it cost?
      (KLD)

Are the stem cells harvested from your body OR are the stem cells HLA matched to yours?

Comment

Swiss medica clinic- https://swissmedica.org/

In my experience, places that have a long list of disorders they 'treat', are always a scam. Their website has no info about research or clinical trials. They seem to be a spa with bullshit treatments.

Don't waste your money on treatments that haven't been proven to be safe and effective in clinical trials.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.

yes it is not a clinical trial but a therapy that they’re offering.

The clinic is in Switzerland.

Hopefully tomorrow i’ll post more details regarding the therapy itself.

Personally, I’m still investigating and that’s why I’m posting here taking all your opinions and thoughts.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
          SCI-Nurse commented
          Editing a comment
          Get answers to the questions above. Sounds sketchy to me. (KLD)

Absolutely what Jim said.. There are these stem cell clinics all over the place claiming to repair everything from stroke damage, parkinson's, ALS, SCI, MS and on and on and on.

Knowing they're all scams I still went down to a place and spoke to the head guy. A friend of mine is a c4 complete. He went ahead and did the therapy which I think was about $10,000. Might have been more. This was about 3 years ago and absolutely no improved function, sensation, or anything else.

When I went to visit the facility, he spoke to me for about an hour asking how functional I was etc. He told me I would do unbelievably well with his procedure because I am so far along already.

I went in there knowing it was a scam. I left there knowing it was a scam. They kept calling me to see if I wanted to schedule and I just kept telling them absolutely not and that was the end of it.

I'm really surprised that there is not more regulation in the US.

Comment

https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/busi...llules-souches article in French language to be translated stop all contact with this clinic I am from France and I know them they are crooks stay away from them

Comment

• sriv
            sriv commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for sharing. Yes, this entire thing looks super sketchy.

If they worked it would be news all over this website! Everyone here is hoping for an outcome that benefits spinal injuries.

Especially for something like stem cells they need to go through proper medical review, which usually is in the form of clinical trials. If they do not work or do not work properly they can result in very severe consequences including illness, cancer, and death. Stem cells are essentially "blank" cells that can differentiate themselves to perform different cellular functions. This includes neurological cells. However, if they are not used properly the differentiation process can be problematic to say the least.

It does not matter whether it is referred to as a therapy or clinical trial. It needs to follow process.

I would completely follow SCI-Nurse's advice here. They speak from years of experience and knowledge in this field.

Comment

Again, thank you all for chiming in so that we all get proper information.

in any case, this is the treatment plan.

Therapy: Stem Cell Therapy
            Active Substance:No2 Autologous Bone MarrowMononuclear Cells (MNC)
            Types of Procedures: No2 Intrathecal InfusionNumber of procedures: 1
            Additional information: Improvement of angiogenesis of the central nervous system
            --
            Active Substance:
            No11 Autologous Cultivated BoneMarrow-derived MultipotentMesenchymal Stromal Cells
            Types of Procedures: No2 Intrathecal Infusion
            Number of procedures: 1
            Additional information: Improvement of angiogenesis of the central nervous system
            --
            Active Substance:No7 Allogeneic Cultivated Placenta-derived Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells
            Types of Procedures: No3 Intramuscular Injection
            Additional information: Muscle recovery, improvement of muscle strength, enhancement of neuromuscular transmission. Restoration of mobility, pain management
            --
            Active Substance:No4 Allogeneic Cultivated Umbilical Cord-derived Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells
            Types of Procedures: No1 Intravenous Infusion
            Additional information: Improvement of organ and tissue regeneration, normalization of metabolic processes, improving endothelial function, stimulation of angiogenesis, atherosclerosis prevention
            --
            Active Substance: No17 Secretome of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
            Additional information: Improvement of organ and tissue regeneration, normalization of metabolic processes, improving endothelial function, stimulation of angiogenesis, atherosclerosis prevention
            --
            Types of Procedures: No3 Intramuscular Injection
            Additional information: Muscle recovery, improvement of muscle strength, enhancement of neuromuscular transmission. Restoration of mobility, pain management
            --
            Types of Procedures: Nasal drops
            Number of procedures: 4
            Additional information: Improvement of organ and tissue regeneration, normalization of metabolic processes, anti-inflammatory effect
            --
            Types of Procedures: No6 Inhalation
            Number of procedures: 3Additional information: Improvement of organ and tissue regeneration, normalization of metabolic processes, anti-inflammatory effect
            ----
            Therapy: IMR Therapy (Intracellular Metabolism Recovery Therapy)
            Active Substance: IMR Therapy, Package No2
            Number of procedures: 9
            Additional information: Increases the effect of cell therapy 2-3 times as well as prolongs the effect. Restores the general metabolism
            Therapy: Emsella HIFEM
            Active Substance: —
            Types of Procedures: Physiotherapy
            Number of procedures: 4
            Additional information: Harnesses the power of focused electromagnetic technology, called HIFEM, to stimulate the entire male pelvic floor muscle
            --
            Therapy: Super Inductive System (SIS)
            Number of procedures: 8
            Additional information: High-intensity electromagnetic field, which positively influences the human tissue. Relieves pain, increases the mobility of the joints, accelerates the fracture healing, relaxes or strengthens muscles
            --
            Therapy: Spark/Shock Wave Therapy
            Additional information: Spark Wave is a therapy that activates processes of the recovery in almost all tissues of the body and stimulates the regenerative processes in them
            --
            Therapy: Kinesiotherapy
            Additional information: Restoration of the mobility, restoration of the muscles’ function, induction of alternative neural pathways
            --
            Therapy: Electromyostimulation
            Additional information: Increase or preserve muscle function and mass, increase functional endurance

this all takes place over 10 days

Comment

Stems cells need to be placed where they will do their work, ie, inside the spinal cord. Even giving them through the blood vessels that supply the cord have shown to be ineffective. Administering them IM, IV, or nasally is not going to do anything for your spinal cord. Again, you have not said how much $$$$ they are charging you for these doubtful treatments. (KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

The cost is around $35,000.

in any case, I am not going to go through with this. Thank you all for your input.

The thing is, I am pushing 50 and I’m almost 30 years post. My body cannot take it anymore and I am losing patience.

honestly, I truly believe that with A say therapy like the one Dr Young is working on or anything similar plus the intensive workout that comes after it, I’m sure we can get some function back, even if it’s 15 or 20% but that will significantly improve the quality of our lives.

I just hope and pray that something like that comes available very very soon.

thanks again and God bless

Comment

• ActionXPotential
                  ActionXPotential commented
                  Editing a comment
                  if you wanted to invest your time, money, and energy into anything I would see about getting involved in epidural stimulation trials.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...rs=a&type=Intr

https://www.onwd.com/

start at one of those two links.

having been involved in the stem cell therapy field for several years i will agree with what most people are stating. If they offer it as a therapy they are simply premature to the science. There is "scant" scientific evidence that stem cell therapies will help in humans, particularly mesenchymal stem cells and especially in chronic SCI. Even under the most rigorous of conditions (usually injected directly into the spinal cord lesion and usually in more acute settings) there is some evidence of benefit but were not talking a curative effect. There have been scarce stories of people with chronic SCI regaining a mild amount of sensory or motor recovery back but most people seem to not have an effect. The use of mesenchymal stem cells intrathecal or intraveneous has been explored in animal models with some success in acute SCI conditions, usually due to the anti-inflammatory properties. Being 30 years post its hard to say whether or not the other "growth factor" elements of the stem cells would do much at all. I would be worried more about the inflammatory response from the cells themselves if you are not HLA matched when they get rejected. Again, its your call, its not like there is "no" evidence of stem cells working, but with stem cell therapies the devil is in the details and it kind of just sounds like they are throwing random cells in without any evidence based approaches to how they are doing it.

I would encourage you to get involved with clinical trials rather than one of these companies. Clinical trials are motivated to actually have their research work while these clinics are motivated by profit. Here are ongoing clinical trials for stem cells if you choose to go this direction. Choose wisely because you likely will not be able to be enrolled in another cell therapy again, and not all stem cells behave the same. Each type of cell exerts a very different and unique function. I am happy to discuss more if you have questions. Best of luck.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...rs=a&type=Intr

ActionXPotential , thank you very much for your support and valuable information🙏🏽.

I agree with everything you said and I think taking into consideration where we are and what’s available out there, the best approach is trying to in role in a clinical trial. The question is which one? That’s why we have to educate ourselves regarding what’s out there and make the best decision possible. I would love to continue discussing potential clinical trials out there and what’s the best option.

I really want to be proactive about these things hopefully with collaborative information we can find a suitable option.

Comment

I would agree with everything above. Take your time and explore- ask questions and then ask some more. Not sure how 30 years post injury will effect your ability to participate but it does not hurt to explore what is happening out there.

ckf

Comment

Working...
                  X