X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webinar - Nurse Linda Talks With Reggie Edgerton And CEO Of SpineX

Various times to choose from

https://mailchi.mp/christopherreeve/...2?e=66e59e1f9e
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 8 Jul 2022, 12:27 PM.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I for the life of me do not understand how there is not more hype around transcutaneous stimulation for treating spinal cord injury.

There's no surgery involved. It's easy to do. It can help different functions.

I do not understand why it's taking so long to put this into common practice.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbyshark View Post
      I for the life of me do not understand how there is not more hype around transcutaneous stimulation for treating spinal cord injury.

There's no surgery involved. It's easy to do. It can help different functions.

I do not understand why it's taking so long to put this into common practice.
      always made me question the extent of effectiveness ...like they're not really THAT excited about it's potential? ...might just be my conspiracy brain.

Like I read on reddit in a Nervgen group that the military might be eyeing their technology for Spinal cord injuries and TBI...can you just imagine what could be done in relation to quickness and money toward their potential treatment if it had military backing or involvement?
      Last edited by lunasicc42; 14 Jul 2022, 8:03 PM.
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

https://www.medicaldevice-network.co...-scone-device/

Comment

1. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2021;29:310-319. doi:
          10.1109/TNSRE.2021.3049133. Epub 2021 Mar 2.

Transcutaneous Spinal Cord Stimulation Restores Hand and Arm Function After
          Spinal Cord Injury.

Inanici F, Brighton LN, Samejima S, Hofstetter CP, Moritz CT.

Paralysis of the upper extremity severely restricts independence and quality of
          life after spinal cord injury. Regaining control of hand and arm movements is
          the highest treatment priority for people with paralysis, 6-fold higher than
          restoring walking ability. Nevertheless, current approaches to improve upper
          extremity function typically do not restore independence. Spinal cord
          stimulation is an emerging neuromodulation strategy to restore motor function.
          Recent studies using surgically implanted electrodes demonstrate impressive
          improvements in voluntary control of standing and stepping. Here we show that
          transcutaneous electrical stimulation of the spinal cord leads to rapid and
          sustained recovery of hand and arm function, even after complete paralysis.
          Notably, the magnitude of these improvements matched or exceeded previously
          reported results from surgically implanted stimulation. Additionally, muscle
          spasticity was reduced and autonomic functions including heart rate,
          thermoregulation, and bladder function improved. Perhaps most striking is that
          all six participants maintained their gains for at least three to six months
          beyond stimulation, indicating functional recovery mediated by long-term
          neuroplasticity. Several participants resumed their hobbies that require fine
          motor control, such as playing the guitar and oil painting, for the first time
          in up to 12 years since their injuries. Our findings demonstrate that
          non-invasive transcutaneous electrical stimulation of the spinal networks
          restores movement and function of the hands and arm for people with both
          complete paralysis and long-term spinal cord injury.

DOI: 10.1109/TNSRE.2021.3049133
          PMID: 33400652 [Indexed for MEDLINE]
          https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/st...number=9314097

People playing guitar again.

Seems pretty good, no?

Comment

That would be fairly incredible for me since I never played guitar to begin with 🤣

Seriously though, the reports are amazing but like other people are saying why isn't it a more widely used approach?

Besides these papers making claims, I would really love to see some type of video evidence of someone with little to no hand dexterity or movement start playing guitar.

That is a pretty wild claim. They are basically saying they cured someone at that level. At least upper extremities. I don't know.

Comment

• Sheri
              Sheri commented
              Editing a comment
              Your guitar comment made my day!
              Last edited by Sheri; 30 Jul 2022, 3:23 PM.

I looked up the lead author on youtube and she has a channel where she posted some videos, including the guy playing guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/user/finanici/videos

After watching this I think there might be a way to make it work better.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbyshark View Post
              I looked up the lead author on youtube and she has a channel where she posted some videos, including the guy playing guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/user/finanici/videos

After watching this I think there might be a way to make it work better.
              Thanks a lot for posting that link.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post

Thanks a lot for posting that link.
                You're welcome. You could also email the scientists and they would probably give you more information. Maybe even send you more videos? idk. I've emailed researchers in the past and they've all been helpful.

Comment

I just finally watched the Nurse Linda interview. They said they’re coming to market in 2023 with this device that should assist with an array of function but they’re just beginning a bladder study with it now? Or is that for a separate designation they’re trying to get? I guess I’m confused. And does anyone know of any results on incompletes?

Comment

Working...
                  X