Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Invasive Skin-Surface Stimulation Study to Activate the Spinal Cord (RISES-T)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Invasive Skin-Surface Stimulation Study to Activate the Spinal Cord (RISES-T)?

Does anyone know anything about this? What is the goal?

CENTER FOR NEURORESTORATION

at Thomas Jefferson University
    invites you to consider participation in a:
    Non-Invasive Skin-Surface Stimulation Study to
    Activate the Spinal Cord (RISES-T)
    We are looking for:

Adults aged 18 and older
    People who had a spinal cord injury more than 1 year ago
    Can attend up to 36 in-person visits over 4 months (three times per week), most lasting
    approximately two hours of occupational or physical therapy including electrical
    stimulation on the back, and three longer visits for comprehensive assessments
    Can get to at least one of the following locations: Jefferson Center City & Magee Riverfront
    Funding provided by the Reynolds Innovative Spinal Electrical Stimulation Program
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

It seems like another transcutaneous electrical spinal cord stimulation study, like the work Onward is doing with their ARCEX.
    HOC NON PEREO HABEBO FORTIOR ME

Comment

Can you post the link?
      Hey...have any Italian in ya??? Want some??

Comment

• Norm
        Norm commented
        Editing a comment
        I only have a flyer.

Here's the flyer pdf.
      Attached Files
      "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

I'm at the halfway point and I haven't noticed any changes, but I'm patient number 1 in this study. I've had Blood pressure issues so they have had to lower he stim. So it might work better with a higher stim.
        Last edited by Norm; 16 Sep 2022, 6:25 PM.

Comment

• sriv
          sriv commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing, Norm! Your posts are always so useful :-)

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        I'm at the halfway point and I haven't noticed any changes, but I'm patient number 1 in this study. I've had Blood pressure issues so I they have had to lower he stim. So it might work better with a higher stim.
        Thanks for always keeping everyone informed. With this and other things you find online. Best of luck moving forward with this one!

Comment

Patient #2 just started this week.

Comment

Not sure if it’s interesting but the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab in Chicago seems to be working towards this as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMaNxf-edvg
            C4/5 complete

Comment

Working...
            X