Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction to NervGen and NVG-291 (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating read. Thanks for posting that Dr. Silver. Will the combo of ISP and PNNi become the standard for treatment in chronic cases during clinical trials or would that muddy the waters of the effectiveness of nvg-291 by itself? Maybe I missed it but was there a % of responders when ISP and PNNi were used in combination or were all chronic subjects responders? Exciting stuff either way.

Comment

Originally posted by jsilver View Post
      Yes, there is no time limit and there is no reason why a controlled syrinx would be a problem.
      but for the trial phase?
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

jsilver Hello Dr. Silver! Thank you for sharing this literature. I was curious whether NVG-291 has been tested on any human models or any non-rodent non-human models, and what were the result then?

Also, your article mentions chronic injuries up to 1.5 years. Do you anticipate people with older injuries would be able to participate in the clinical trials? Also, would people receive the medication through IV? For how long do you anticipate currently people would need to take the drug.

Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge with the community! :-)

Comment

Hi Dr Silver,

Thanks for sharing the paper, it's great that you have some data on chronic injuries.

It does lead to a few questions though to see if this is relevant for us, and how translatable this is.

If I may:

Why did it use a C2 hemisection model, rather than a more relevant contusion model?
          Hardly anyone has half their spinal cord cleanly cut. Will you be repeating with a contusion model?

What is the dosing of 4-MU?
          This is not given in the paper. This is very important because the best effects that have been seen in other labs with 4-MU are very close to the LD-50 dosage - which is obviously not translatable to the clinic.

Is the dosing of 500ug translated to the phase-2 human study planned for chronic?

Please don't take these questions as me being negative, I'm very grateful of all the work you have done for SCI and the many discoveries you have made.
          I'm just trying to be practical as I want to know how relevant this data is to me and everyone else who comes here hoping for a cure.

thanks again,
          Last edited by niallel; 10 Aug 2022, 8:48 AM.

Comment

jsilver are you able to comment on the people that have baclofan pumps
            "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
            Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by sriv View Post
              jsilver Hello Dr. Silver! Thank you for sharing this literature. I was curious whether NVG-291 has been tested on any human models or any non-rodent non-human models, and what were the result then?

Also, your article mentions chronic injuries up to 1.5 years. Do you anticipate people with older injuries would be able to participate in the clinical trials? Also, would people receive the medication through IV? For how long do you anticipate currently people would need to take the drug.

Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge with the community! :-)
              Originally posted by jsilver View Post
              Yes, there is no time limit and there is no reason why a controlled syrinx would be a problem.

Comment

NervGen Pharma (OTCQX: NGENF & TSX-V: NGEN) Zoom Presentation with Paul Brennan - September 20, 2022 - YouTube

Comment

• Maxahoy
                  Maxahoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mostly good!! Around 29 minutes a couple of good questions are asked. One good point is that recovery isn't guaranteed to be 100% and frankly isn't expected to be without extensive therapy. BUT -- any recovery is better than no recovery, so that's good! Secondly, the potential for recovery in the case of a completely severed spinal cord (like mine) is less likely, but there haven't been any studies to determine the differences in recovery potential between complete transections / incomplete transections. (As opposed to complete/incomplete *injuries*)

IE, if you have a complete injury, but your spinal cord wasn't completely severed, more optimism than cases where somebody's cord was fully snipped.

• Sheri
                  Sheri commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thx, ncs91 and Maxahoy! After I called it up and saw that it’s an hour, I was hoping that anyone who powered through would offer a synopsis.

I attended this years U2FP Annual Symposium and a person from NervGen said the trial will start in early 2023! The trial will be for acute and chronic SCI, but only "Incomplete" injuries!

Comment

• ncs91
                  ncs91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a disappoint. Did they say anything about the complete injuries?

• LethalSpoon
                  LethalSpoon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Completes excluded again, nothing new at this point.

"""Completes excluded again, nothing new at this point."""

Maybe for this particular study. Or this particular company. But in general, being incomplete, I can say almost every study I come across is for complete injuries only.

Including the one this website is based off of.

It is extremely frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post
                  """Completes excluded again, nothing new at this point."""

Maybe for this particular study. Or this particular company. But in general, being incomplete, I can say almost every study I come across is for complete injuries only.

Including the one this website is based off of.

It is extremely frustrating.
                  We are trying to include incompletes in this trial. No way they will include ASIA C's though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

We are trying to include incompletes in this trial. No way they will include ASIA C's though.
                    I know, I know

Which is part of why it is so frustrating. Being someone who can get on a treadmill and walk decent distances, if I could somehow get that surgery and walking therapy, I would probably be 'cured'...

Comment

Working...
                    X