X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elon Musk on Neuralink - Short update

Fyi -

https://youtu.be/lSD_vpfikbE?t=1420

Not to be a Debby Downer, here -- but I would have hope for this if Musk hadn't proven himself to be near wholly unreliable when it comes to following through on his promises... I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Comment

• jamiewm3
      jamiewm3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is he a conman or maybe he's a God, zooming around the universe in his hyper looping pod!

Originally posted by Spergilicious View Post
    Not to be a Debby Downer, here -- but I would have hope for this if Musk hadn't proven himself to be near wholly unreliable when it comes to following through on his promises... I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
    To be fair, he has had a ridiculous amount of accomplishments to date.

Comment

I mean, it'd be nice but...
      Elon Musk has said it is “increasingly confident” his brain-machine interface startup Neuralink will have its first implant devices in humans by 2022.

Comment

He is a con man. Last thing I herd him say is the human race has only 12 years left. So buy all my stuff so I can laugh all the way to the bank.
        Art

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
          He is a con man. Last thing I herd him say is the human race has only 12 years left. So buy all my stuff so I can laugh all the way to the bank.
          Musk is the modern day snake oil salesman.

Comment

Snake oil sales is acceptable on Wall Street as long as it's folded into accomplishment. Buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
              Snake oil sales is acceptable on Wall Street as long as it's folded into accomplishment. Buyer beware.
              Of the 5 companies I can think of that Musk is apart of, only 1 is on Wall Street.

Comment

• August West
                August West commented
                Editing a comment
                Barrington314mx You mean only one is publicly traded on Wall Street? The rest are still privately traded on Wall Street. Surely, he didn't get to be the richest person without Wall Street. Nothing wrong with that. I respect the man. It's a comment about Wall Street (sleaze), not Musk.

Source?

Comment

are you sure that you're not thinking of AOC?
                "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post

are you sure that you're not thinking of AOC?
                    No. I think you may be confused.
                    She's a passionate champion of the human race and very much an asset to the world, especially in these times of hatred, division, and crassness.
                    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                    NW NJ

Comment

https://news.yahoo.com/ocasio-cortez...150517060.html

OK sorry...I will not talk politics on this thread anymore

On a new note; I am not and never was into neuralink because the science just doesn't seem 'there'...yet. And how exactly does the prospect of Potentially controlling a cursor with your mind or how does generating text with your mind help any of us physically? I just never understood neuralinks practical intentions or use for this community
                      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I thought I saw in an interview with Elon that the idea was to have a chip implanted in your head and a chip implanted below your level of injury. But yeah i think the first trials are for controlling a cursor with your mind.
                        Its only at the brink of our own destruction that we learn to change.

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                          On a new note; I am not and never was into neuralink because the science just doesn't seem 'there'...yet. And how exactly does the prospect of Potentially controlling a cursor with your mind or how does generating text with your mind help any of us physically? I just never understood neuralinks practical intentions or use for this community
                          If you ask me the big messaging and plan to help people with SCI is actually something else on their part. The end game is not us, we are being used as a stepping stone.

They would get zero non-paralysed people to have an implant to control a cursor, so they decided to message about paralysis and solving that to get people to have it done. Basically they are using our community as guinea pigs for their main plans of controlling tech using their minds, rather than people controlling their bodies.

At the end of the day controlling something below your injury with no feedback is a very poor solution however far they get it.

Comment

Working...
                          X