Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Now Identify As A Mouse. That's How It Works, Right? [New Possible Gene Therapy]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Now Identify As A Mouse. That's How It Works, Right? [New Possible Gene Therapy]

On a serious note; this seems neat. It's something new that, in theory, points to continued discovery, and innovation. Sorry if it's old relative to this forum...

Spinal cord injury breakthrough makes paralyzed mice walk again - Big Think

I'm deleting my comment. Don't want anyone thinking I'm antivax. Get vaccinated!
    Last edited by smity50; 3 Oct 2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
      SCI-Nurse commented
      Editing a comment
      The COViD vaccines are very specific mRNA vaccines for the COVID-19 coronavirus You can be assured that a coronavirus will NOT be the carrier chosen as the carrier for any such gene therapy! Get vaccinated! (KLD)

Yeah, that study is so very cool! Certainly enough time has passed in the lifespan of the mice that they should know by now whether there were any longterm ill effects, such as cancer. But it’s definitely nice that at least some labs are forging ahead.

Comment

Why are some comments being deleted?

Comment

• Oddity
        Oddity commented
        Editing a comment
        They were moved to the moderated bucket (we don't ever permanently delete data.) We aren't gonna have a thread mocking gender choices, or using the notion of gender fluidity as the butt of a joke, in the Cure forum.  Cure research is welcome, obviously, but mocking others is not.  Joking, or otherwise

"That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• Spergilicious
        Spergilicious commented
        Editing a comment
        Not everybody understands the nuance of humor versus mockery, apparently. lol

• Spergilicious
        Spergilicious commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd think that if anybody would understand the importance of humor when it comes to coping with being a member of an "underrepresented community", it would be those of us with spinal cord injuries.

• Oddity
        Oddity commented
        Editing a comment
        On the contrary, I'd assume that any member of an underrepresented, often mocked, community would be the last to use someone else's underrepresented, often mocked, arbitrary characteristic as the vehicle to make "a joke". We are here for Cure research not poking fun at other people in the name of "humor". Rule #3 is easy to follow and clear.
        Last edited by Oddity; 7 Oct 2021, 10:01 AM.
    Working...
    X