Miami Project Breakthrough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miami Project Breakthrough?

I just got an e-mail from the Miami Project saying that they made a 'Game Changing Breakthrough' for SCI with a small Molecule drug but no specifics were given ...anyone got any info?

"This is something that has never been done anywhere in the world!

This discovery is potentially a game changer and significant breakthrough in developing new treatments to regenerate axons and restore functional recovery in paralyzed individuals. Because of this simultaneous engagement, our scientists were able to see a more robust growth of axons than anything they have seen before!

Our goal is to advance this research into a new Phase I clinical trial. If successful, this drug has the potential to also treat age-related disorders such as Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, and Parkinson’s Disease."
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Thanks for posting. Is there a link to read more about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post
      Thanks for posting. Is there a link to read more about it?
      No, thats what I was asking too. The announcement e-mail from The Miami Project included no details, It just said 'That' up there

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Every once in a while they do this, remaining purposely vague. It generates attention and donations. Many times previously it turns out to be the transacted-walking-rat-trick, again.
        As Morgan Freeman’s character said, “Hope can be a very dangerous thing”.
        But let’s hope anyway.

Comment

Getting mailers to send in my donation. Getting emails. Seeing ads. This is just a money grab.

Comment

I e-mailed them and got a response this morning, it said that this is the work about to come to fruition: Dr. Hassan Al-Ali, On the Edge of Discovery - The Miami Project

Comment

Hopefully it's for CHRONIC SCI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                Every once in a while they do this, remaining purposely vague. It generates attention and donations. Many times previously it turns out to be the transacted-walking-rat-trick, again.
                As Morgan Freeman’s character said, “Hope can be a very dangerous thing”.
                But let’s hope anyway.
                yeah, I know what you mean but for my own Sanity I like to keep my pessimism/optimism levels pretty even just to purposely keep some sanity...it always was like a safeguard to not allow me to get into depression...I mean, logically it has to come to fruition sometime right? Even if the conspiracies about the medical field not really wanting us cured are true; there also has to be some legit stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                  But let’s hope anyway.
                  Hey, I'm game. Not planning to lose hope until they put me in the ground, so I reckon I've got at least a couple of good years left to hope!
                  C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post

yeah, I know what you mean but for my own Sanity I like to keep my pessimism/optimism levels pretty even just to purposely keep some sanity...it always was like a safeguard to not allow me to get into depression...I mean, logically it has to come to fruition sometime right? Even if the conspiracies about the medical field not really wanting us cured are true; there also has to be some legit stuff
                    👍!

Comment

So they're joining Nervgen, RenetX, Axonis and others by creating their own regenerative molecular cocktail. Looks like stem cell research is fading and molecules is the new game in sci research.

"I'm manic as hell-
                      But I'm goin' strong-
                      Left my meds on the sink again-
                      My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

Originally posted by ineedmyelin View Post
                        So they're joining Nervgen, RenetX, Axonis and others by creating their own regenerative molecular cocktail. Looks like stem cell research is fading and molecules is the new game in sci research.

Out of the companies you mentioned there... Does anyone have thoughts on who might be most likely to produce something for the clinic...?

Comment

Originally posted by C5QuadGuy View Post

Out of the companies you mentioned there... Does anyone have thoughts on who might be most likely to produce something for the clinic...?
                          my opinion....Renetx

Comment

Originally posted by C5QuadGuy View Post

I kinda thought Nervgen might have shown a bit more functional return, at least in a chronic rat model. Dr. Silver said that in rats results were better the longer the rat had been injured. Remember they had a batch of injured (contused) rats that they forgot about.

Nervgen / Dr. Silver cocktail showed positive returns in b&b and walking, in RAT models.

RenetX emphasis seems to be in hand, arm recovery ........ hopefully they're being conservative in what they hope to achieve.

Obviously if any of the molecules(cocktails) really show regeneration then who knows what limb or function(s) be return.

Seems that there could literally be millions of different variations of these molecular cocktails. I hope they discover the optimal recipe sooner the better.

Speaking of HOPE. I've been injured for 31 years and get down sometimes but haven't given up. Hypothetically this would be perfect therapy, a simple series of injections.

This molecular research will work or it won't. Its the "cure" we've waited for or it isn't! I'm just glad we have something to throw against the wall to see if it sticks.

"I'm manic as hell-
                            But I'm goin' strong-
                            Left my meds on the sink again-
                            My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

I hope they all work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like NervGen's NVG-291-R is less invasive than Renetx's Axar-204. From what I read, NVG-291 crosses the blood brain barrier and can be injected into any soft issue (i.e.muscle) whereas Axar-204 needs to be injected into the spinal fluid.

Either way a treatment for chronic SCI injuries would be beyond belief.

Comment

Working...
                              X