Paralyzed mice walk again after just TWO WEEKS AFTER gene therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paralyzed mice walk again after just TWO WEEKS AFTER gene therapy

Hope for millions as paralyzed mice walk again after just TWO WEEKS of breakthrough gene therapy that regenerates damaged spinal cord nerves

A ground-breaking study has given paralyzed mice the ability to walk again, providing hope to some 5.4 million people worldwide who suffer with paralysis.

Researchers from Ruhr University Bochum in Germany stimulated the mice's damaged spinal cord nerves to regenerate using a designer protein.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9173103/German-scientists-make-paralyzed-mice-walk-again.html

2 Weeks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-33jcEDk4

Last edited by Moe; 23 Jan 2021, 10:19 AM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

It's another amazing scientific study that they are doing which is great. But of course at the end they are sure to say it will take years before human trials... So infuriating.

It works great in mice. Now do monkeys. Works well in monkeys. Now do humans. That could literally take 1 year if their lives depended on it. Or let's just skip the damn monkeys and go right to the humans.

Or how about let me come in, hit me up, and if it works well roll it out to everyone. If it kills me, don't ...

Their processes and timelines are God awful.

Comment

No shortage of volunteers here to give it a try.

If they put up a signup sheet, they'd have more than enough volunteers in the time it takes to click send.

Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post
        It's another amazing scientific study that they are doing which is great. But of course at the end they are sure to say it will take years before human trials... So infuriating.

It works great in mice. Now do monkeys. Works well in monkeys. Now do humans. That could literally take 1 year if their lives depended on it. Or let's just skip the damn monkeys and go right to the humans.

Or how about let me come in, hit me up, and if it works well roll it out to everyone. If it kills me, don't ...

Their processes and timelines are God awful.

Comment

Give it to Pfizer or Moderna. They have approved another gene / DNA modification vaccine in 42 days recently.without stupid animal trials.
          www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
          to what we know about nature
          Saint Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
            Hope for millions as paralyzed mice walk again after just TWO WEEKS of breakthrough gene therapy that regenerates damaged spinal cord nerves

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9173103/German-scientists-make-paralyzed-mice-walk-again.html
            Walking on all fours might be OK for a while

Comment

All BS

Comment

We should be working to find a better model to make research. Rats at this point are as reliable as a tree
                HOC NON PEREO HABEBO FORTIOR ME

Comment

Working...
                X