X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONWARD Announces First Patient Enrollment In UPLIFT Study

www.onwd.com
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Thank you I have registered.

Comment

https://siliconcanals.com/crowdfundi...-raises-26-5m/

Comment

Spaulding Rehab here in Boston is participating in the Onward Up-Lift study. I have an appointment Monday to get a GRASSP test and in ASIA exam to see if I'm eligible. Looks like they want a certain non-zero level of hand function, which I'm hoping means tenodesis since my fingers and thumbs haven't moved a bit since my injury, haha. But I'm really skilled at picking stuff up off the floor, nonetheless! They also want to confirm ASIA B which means I'm facing the unpleasant task of a finger up my bum (I was diagnosed ASIA A nearly 3 years ago when admitted to inpatient, but not tested since then and everyone is pretty well convinced that isn't correct). I'm really excited about this, and hope they'll take me! Obviously there is the elusive promise that something might go well for me, but more importantly I just want to help push the science forward.
        C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ejl10 View Post
          Spaulding Rehab here in Boston is participating in the Onward Up-Lift study. I have an appointment Monday to get a GRASSP test and in ASIA exam to see if I'm eligible. Looks like they want a certain non-zero level of hand function, which I'm hoping means tenodesis since my fingers and thumbs haven't moved a bit since my injury, haha. But I'm really skilled at picking stuff up off the floor, nonetheless! They also want to confirm ASIA B which means I'm facing the unpleasant task of a finger up my bum (I was diagnosed ASIA A nearly 3 years ago when admitted to inpatient, but not tested since then and everyone is pretty well convinced that isn't correct). I'm really excited about this, and hope they'll take me! Obviously there is the elusive promise that something might go well for me, but more importantly I just want to help push the science forward.
          Good luck with everything! Hope you get in and see some results.

Is there a list somewhere of locations doing the research as well as requirements? I can't seem to find anything on their website other than the ability to register...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post

Good luck with everything! Hope you get in and see some results.

Is there a list somewhere of locations doing the research as well as requirements? I can't seem to find anything on their website other than the ability to register...
            Disregard - I found the link to the actual study.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=1

Comment

Originally posted by ejl10 View Post
              cool shit...any plans to keep us informed about your experience and potential gains if accepted?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post

cool shit...any plans to keep us informed about your experience and potential gains if accepted?
                Absolutely!

Comment

especially interested in arm/finger motor function and potential BBS improvements

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                    especially interested in arm/finger motor function and potential BBS improvements
                    Yeah, me too! I don't think there's much to impact BBS, but it would be a happy surprise for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X