Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man in wheelchair from paralysis walks again thanks to a new medical innovation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Man in wheelchair from paralysis walks again thanks to a new medical innovation

    https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/w...ation-67335606

    Man in wheelchair from paralysis walks again thanks to a new medical innovation


    #2
    Not to be a Debbie downer but how many times have we seen stories like this then nothing? It's always a trial. Miami Project had a very promising "cure" that went through 3 successful trials. Just before the treatment to go public, they scrapped the whole thing.

    In a world driven by consumerism, cures and treatments that will end expensive injuries and diseases disappear because the money being raised to research and the money being made treating them would be lost. Paralysis is an expensive life long injury. Trillions of dollars are spent around the world on caring for people, equipping them, medicating them and so forth. Profits from those companies that deal with this would dry up and millions of jobs would be lost overnight if they cured paralysis and other neurological issues. It's the same thing with cancer. How many times have we seen promising cures for cancer come along and then nothing.

    A good example of this is the killing other electric cars in the late 90's. Especially after 2001. EV's didn't have long ranges but they fit the need of almost everyone. All car manufactures made them. They were quite popular with large waiting list. The oil companies came together and through their efforts killed the EV program. EV's were a direct threat to their profits. Watch, "Who killed the electric Car." Our history is full of examples of profits coming before the people.

    Sadly, this won't change until we start electing individuals that truly have our best interest in mind at all levels of government. That is under attack by crony capitalist and they're right wing political and media puppets as well. This election record turnout by those that care about people over profits aka "socialist's," scared the crap out of them. The allowing of voters to vote by mail without excuse and expanded in person early voting was the biggest contributing factor to that turnout.

    This is why they have been attacking the integrity of the results. Even though there was no real evidence of widespread fraud, them trying to convince the people there was will make it easier for these crony capitalist puppets to make it harder for people to vote by mail and in person in the future. All in the name of security but in reality it's to protect the profits of their puppet Masters.

    We must vote in higher numbers then ever before and in every election like the congressional and 2022 and our local elections and 2021 in order to pave the way to end this ending of profit driven motivation to kill things that would help us and advance society.
    Last edited by rollenrye74; 3 Jan 2021, 4:21 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      "If is too good to be true, there must be something wrong with it" fits perfectly here
      HOC NON PEREO HABEBO FORTIOR ME

      Comment


        #4
        hey i am game i would love a try

        Comment


          #5
          I want to find something more recent to see if there is any additional information. I haven't read this yet but it's dated much more recent.
          https://advancingthescience.mayo.edu...cord-injuries/

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by rollenrye74 View Post
            Not to be a Debbie downer but how many times have we seen stories like this then nothing? It's always a trial. Miami Project had a very promising "cure" that went through 3 successful trials. Just before the treatment to go public, they scrapped the whole thing.

            In a world driven by consumerism, cures and treatments that will end expensive injuries and diseases disappear because the money being raised to research and the money being made treating them would be lost. Paralysis is an expensive life long injury. Trillions of dollars are spent around the world on caring for people, equipping them, medicating them and so forth. Profits from those companies that deal with this would dry up and millions of jobs would be lost overnight if they cured paralysis and other neurological issues. It's the same thing with cancer. How many times have we seen promising cures for cancer come along and then nothing.

            A good example of this is the killing other electric cars in the late 90's. Especially after 2001. EV's didn't have long ranges but they fit the need of almost everyone. All car manufactures made them. They were quite popular with large waiting list. The oil companies came together and through their efforts killed the EV program. EV's were a direct threat to their profits. Watch, "Who killed the electric Car." Our history is full of examples of profits coming before the people.

            Sadly, this won't change until we start electing individuals that truly have our best interest in mind at all levels of government. That is under attack by crony capitalist and they're right wing political and media puppets as well. This election record turnout by those that care about people over profits aka "socialist's," scared the crap out of them. The allowing of voters to vote by mail without excuse and expanded in person early voting was the biggest contributing factor to that turnout.

            This is why they have been attacking the integrity of the results. Even though there was no real evidence of widespread fraud, them trying to convince the people there was will make it easier for these crony capitalist puppets to make it harder for people to vote by mail and in person in the future. All in the name of security but in reality it's to protect the profits of their puppet Masters.

            We must vote in higher numbers then ever before and in every election like the congressional and 2022 and our local elections and 2021 in order to pave the way to end this ending of profit driven motivation to kill things that would help us and advance society.
            My thoughts exactly, I couldn't agree more, the biased brainwash fake news media does not help matters neither... I'm careful to not get too political here but would it be nice to get this go 'project warp speed' style? Makes me wonder what happened all those SCI breakthroughs we've been hearing since the 70's? Geron got me excited back in 2010 which is also the year I got injured., what a frea*n disappointment... most likely they made millions with shareholder money, which what really mattered to them... I hate to be used as a subject product for people to get rich by publishing 'solutions' that go nowhere toward the real purpose. Some expand the 'hype' evey now and then by using lame excuses as a reason... Getting fed up following this BS 'business model' tactic... All talk, no action, yet they expect 'gratitude' like if I owed them a favor... wish I had their salary.
            Last edited by Moe; 3 Jan 2021, 9:42 PM.
            "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
            ― DaShanne Stokes

            ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

            Comment


            • Barrington314mx
              Barrington314mx commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here Moe. I remember that one right after I got injured too. Doctors were telling me about it. I kept reading "in only a few years we will have a cure". What's interesting about my life with SCI is that those first few years where I was told there would soon be a cure, I lived as if my injury wasn't going to be permanent and I'd be back on my feet soon. Later I learned that I need to live my life now the best I can because it's really all I have. I can't bank on a cure coming because it might not ever come.

            #7
            Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
            I want to find something more recent to see if there is any additional information. I haven't read this yet but it's dated much more recent.
            https://advancingthescience.mayo.edu...cord-injuries/
            It looks like the same story from 2009.

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by rollenrye74 View Post

              In a world driven by consumerism, cures and treatments that will end expensive injuries and diseases disappear because the money being raised to research and the money being made treating them would be lost. Paralysis is an expensive life long injury. Trillions of dollars are spent around the world on caring for people, equipping them, medicating them and so forth. Profits from those companies that deal with this would dry up and millions of jobs would be lost overnight if they cured paralysis and other neurological issues. It's the same thing with cancer. How many times have we seen promising cures for cancer come along and then nothing.
              wow, Im all for good conspiracy theory now and then, but there’s no way you actually believe this right?

              you think someone has a magical cure for paralysis, but they get pulled aside by a cabal of doctors and DME suppliers and wheelchair manufacturers who buy them off? Lol.

              the reason we don’t have a cure is because it’s an incredibly difficult feat to reconstruct a spinal cord. One that remains currently out of the realm of possibility for humans.

              there are plenty of cures for cancer. Some that work remarkably well. The problem is there are thousands of different types of cancer. If anyone tells you they have a cure for cancer they’re obviously lying. That’s such a broad statement it’s meaningless. It’s like saying you’re “the president”... the president of what? The United States? Lithuania? Your high school chess club? If someone says they have a cure for HER2+ stage 3 cancer then they might be telling the truth.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by funklab View Post

                wow, Im all for good conspiracy theory now and then, but there’s no way you actually believe this right?

                you think someone has a magical cure for paralysis, but they get pulled aside by a cabal of doctors and DME suppliers and wheelchair manufacturers who buy them off? Lol.

                the reason we dont have a cure is because its an incredibly difficult feat to reconstruct a spinal cord. One that remains currently out of the realm of possibility for humans.

                there are plenty of cures for cancer. Some that work remarkably well. The problem is there are thousands of different types of cancer. If anyone tells you they have a cure for cancer the'yre obviously lying. That;s such a broad statement it’s meaningless. It’s like saying you’re “the president”... the president of what? The United States? Lithuania? Your high school chess club? If someone says they have a cure for HER2+ stage 3 cancer then they might be telling the truth.
                Hi Funklab,

                In your opinion, what's preventing all these published 'breakthroughs' of cured people to benefit others in need? You seem to say it's lack of knowledge which I can partially agree, but again, what about those who published positive results?
                Last edited by Moe; 5 Jan 2021, 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling
                "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                ― DaShanne Stokes

                ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by Moe View Post

                  Hi Funklab,

                  In your opinion, what's preventing all these published 'breakthroughs' of cured people to benefit others in need? You seem to say it's lack of knowledge which I can partially agree, but again, what about those who published positive results?
                  I have yet to see a large scale study showing any significant improvement in chronic and complete paralysis. I have seen quite a few small scale studies with just a handful (or one) incomplete SCI publish positive results, which is statistically and scientifically pretty meaningless, but easily sensationalized by people looking for more video views or clicks on their website.

                  I could show evidence of nearly anything with an N of 1, and nowadays if you’ve got a few hundred bucks there are plenty of journals who will publish your “scientific” article regardless of how flawed it is.

                  Comment


                    #11
                    In reading the specific sensationalized news article above, there’s every reason to believe the patient would have experienced the same improvement without any intervention. He was still less than a year post injury and they even mention that patient response has “varied”. What if the other 9 participants in the study showed zero improvement? The news is always going to latch on to the one that did get better, not the 99 that didn’t. But some people get better with no intervention.

                    Show me a double blind placebo controlled trial with statistically significant differences in outcomes and I’ll start to believe you’re onto something.

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Originally posted by funklab View Post
                      In reading the specific sensationalized news article above, there’s every reason to believe the patient would have experienced the same improvement without any intervention. He was still less than a year post injury and they even mention that patient response has “varied”. What if the other 9 participants in the study showed zero improvement? The news is always going to latch on to the one that did get better, not the 99 that didn’t. But some people get better with no intervention.
                      Show me a double blind placebo controlled trial with statistically significant differences in outcomes and I’ll start to believe you’re onto something.
                      With spinal cord injury as we all know all outcomes and patients are different. Good old statistics and double blind placebo are not ethical game.
                      It's obvious that autologous stem cells might help and will not be rejected by the body.
                      Why they are not proceeding in fast pace with further massive trial is inexpiable.

                      On the other side Dr. Wise is fighting last ten years to prove that Umbilical cord blood stem cells treatment is safe and in conjunction with extensive walking therapy can help many to achieve independent and better life. His and his team effort with all clinical trials done is also dismissed as always something else is more important than human lives. Money is dirty game and I believe effort to remove less profitable option will never be transparent and obvious but we are all suffering consequences of this rotten system.

                      Zel Komadina
                      MiracleofWalk.com

                      www.MiracleofWalk.com

                      Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                      to what we know about nature
                      Saint Augustine

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Come on man I thought this was something new. This story has been posted here before.

                        Comment


                          #14
                          It's all talk no action as usual. It will continue as long they can raise money for their own benefit. Nobody will come with a cure by cutting the goose that lays golden eggs...
                          "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                          ― DaShanne Stokes

                          ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

                          Comment


                            #15
                            that's 3rd time i m seeing this post

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X