Drug that repairs brain and spinal cord damage created by British team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug that repairs brain and spinal cord damage created by British team

Scientists create a drug that 'repairs damage to the brain and spinal cord' in potential breakthrough for paralysed patients and Alzheimer's sufferers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cientists.html
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

'We found that application of CPTX improved the mice's memory performance.'
    But the greatest impact in spinal cord injury where motor function was restored for at least seven to eight weeks following a single injection into the site of injury.

Sounds pretty good. Anyone have any other information on this?
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

You could spill some chocolate milk on a paralyzed mouse and it'll start walking in seven to eight weeks. I don't mean to take away from the research they are doing. It's great and I'm thankful for it. I just don't get overly hyped anymore when mice start walking again from something. Apples to oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
        You could spill some chocolate milk on a paralyzed mouse and it'll start walking in seven to eight weeks. I don't mean to take away from the research they are doing. It's great and I'm thankful for it. I just don't get overly hyped anymore when mice start walking again from something. Apples to oranges.
        Point taken, but that's why they show the results against animals that didn't receive the treatment so you can see the difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 14.43.28.png
Views:	260
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	2902025

Comment

I'd try it However I don't understand what the different groups are without reading the paper.
          Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
          Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

Breakthrough For Spinal Cord Injuries and Dementia as Protein Builds ‘Striking’ Repairs https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/drug-repairs-damage-to-the-brain-and-spinal-cord/

"Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

We are far off from application in humans.
              The research is promising, but they will need 15-20 years to start trying in humans, if they even reach that point.
              HOC NON PEREO HABEBO FORTIOR ME

Comment

Working...
              X