No announcement yet.

Dr.Kleinbloesem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you please ask him if the procedure has been tried on patients with lower thoracic injuries - also with injuries other than traumatic - vascular injuries such as avms, or strokes for example. Does the nature of the injury matter (cauda equina or conus)?

gretchen 1
    gretchen 1

Comment

Could you please ask if he injects just stem cells, or stem cells with some other substance.

Comment

would you phone him Wise?

Comment

IP,I asked the dr. that question about a month ago and he said it was only neural stem cells with no growth hormones or any other modifications

Comment

Thanks Cementhead.

Comment

Originally posted by cementhead:

Sue.you need a mri scan to send to cells4health read bullriders original topic it has the address as far as the bonemarrow it can be shipped to their labs how? however that is done.
              Thanks Cement. I guess my eyes are going also. [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] As far as freezing bone marrow that shouldn't be a problem. I mean we have marrow cells donated in the US and we fly the cells to the patient in need. We don't send the entire donor.

Oh well. The first stop after Dover is Amsterdam. I'll go see how close Brummen is on the map. I am not saying goodby to 2005 without something, hell, anything being done. I have camels to ride and yurts to sleep in and mare's milk... Ok, maybe not fermented mare's milk to drink. But some jet fuel will work, right Max? I cannot possibly do the Silk Road in a chair. Won't work. I mean where do I keep my rifle where it's handy but won't get caught in tires when the bandits show up? How do I get into a Land Rover much less on a camel without a working set of legs and trunk stability? Catheters? Oh yea, right. Hey Mr Camel would you please spit on this I forgot the KY. I don't think so. Any meds or supplies I take will be to donate to children's clinics as soon as I land.

I am tired of cruising. It's nice. Nice. I don't want freaking nice. Life is to be lived not breathed through doing things that are NICE. At the rate our government is going I will nice myself right into a nursing home with a bunch of droolers. No thank you. I have naked male butts to see once again along the Seine. I have strange things to smoke in Samarkand and Dushanbe. I have a Goddess to visit in Catal Hayuk.

So, next stop, the MRI tube down the road.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I am in Holland right now and last week we drove to Germany to withdraw 250 ml of Jason's bonemarrow for processing in England.
                We will schedule the procedure sometime later in Turkey.

~ The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge ~ Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
                www.CureParalysisNow.org

Comment

Somebody asked me yesterday whether I was going to visit. I appreciate the invitation to do and hope to do so sometime in the fall. However, I want to point out that visiting by me or other scientist/doctors do not substitute for insufficient information about the procedure. Anecdotal cases do not provide proof of efficacy. That should be done with well-designed clinical trials and validated data collection on treated patients compared against rigorously controls.

Here are several questions that people should be asking concerning the treatment:

1. What cells are being injected? People assume that all bone marrow cells are stem cells. This is not true. Only a tiny minority of the cells in the bone marrow are stem cells that can produce other kinds of cells. Because we currently do not have a marker for stem cells in the bone marrow, we do not even know how large or small this minority is. What we do know is that most of the stem cells in the bone marrow produce blood cells. Irv Weissman is widely considered the founder of the field of bone marrow stem cells, having defined some of the cells that produce blood cells in bone marrow. He has stated repeatedly that he is not convinced that there are stem cells in the bone marrow that produce neurons or other kinds of cells besides blood cells.

2. How are the cells being delivered to the spinal cord (or brainstem or brain)? Are the cells being injected intrathecally, into the spinal cord? If the former, what evidence is there that the cells get into the spinal cord?

3. What is the dose of cells being given?

4. What are the complications of the treatment? How many patients have been done and how many have had problems associated with the treatment, compared with the benefits of the treatment. This is ultimately the data that must be available to allow a rational decision. In other words, what is the risk versus benefit of this treatment.

Wise.

Comment

Faye,

You are obviously going to have the procedure performed on your son?

When is it actually scheduled to be done?

Comment

Hi Faye

If your son is indeed going to have this procedure, would you mind sharing some of the information you have come across.

I think there are so many people interested in this - anything you can add would be so helpful.

Regards
                      Phil.

--
                      Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.
                      _____oOo_____
                      Phil C6
                      "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Comment

I will be sending my mri's monday, I am a t12 and from what I know he has only done down to T6 level. Does anyone know what the lowest level and there results?

Comment

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE RESULTS DR. K IS GETTING WITH MID THORACIC SAY T4,T5,OR T6??

Comment

seems like a lot of people really believe in this treatment. do yall believe this is more valid than others then have claimed positive results?

Comment

While i realize many folks are desparate for a cure, the hype here truly scares me.

Wayyyyyyyyy premature.

C4-5, 20 years post

Comment

Eric S.,

No one should believe in anything associated with this treatment, yet. There is, as Dr. Y has said, only anecdotal information, nothing published, no documented clinical trials, no one has even talked to any of the persons treated to date.

Although I find it "humanitarian" that Dr. K is willing to call so many people on this forum and personally discuss his procedure, this doesn't legitimize his claims.

As other CC members will attest, these claims have been made before. If this is legitimate, we should all know sometime in July or August, only about 6-10 weeks from now.

Comment

Working...
                                X