Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury: Progress, Promise, and Priorities (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinal Cord Injury: Progress, Promise, and Priorities (2005)

Nat' Academies Press, Spinal Cord Injury: Progress, Promise, and ... - ... therapies being ready for clinical trials in the next few years. ... apply to clinical trials for the emergency treatment of spinal cord injuries, ...
    http://www.nap.edu/openbook/0309095899/html/179.html

sorry this is long, it has a lot of information regarding treatment cure and more...It's worth to read, very interested.manouli.

Comment

Wow Manouli,

that's an awesome document you've unearthed - every time I read of the complexity of our injuries I shudder

I notice a clinical trial network is a key recommendation of this document. Perhaps the China network will succeed and/or hopefully a US network is established.

The Brisbane clinical trial seems to be happening in isolation which can't be good -

The definition of a cure in the Executive Summary is "the ultimate goal of fully restoring to the individual the levels of activity and function he or she had before injury." A great goal but I thought we'd decided that owing to ageing that goal is not possible?

However, later in the same chapter:

"The urgent need to cure this devastating condition should not tempt overly optimistic predictions of recovery or to set time frames which can't be met."

[This message was edited by Chris2 on 04-19-05 at 04:22 AM.]

[This message was edited by Chris2 on 04-19-05 at 04:40 AM.]

Comment

Working...
      X