• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this:

Freedom from Paralysis
    United We Will Stand

` Signatures for Spinal Cord Research

Comment

I think our banners should all read "George Bush, we want the freedom and liberty to have our bodies back again, it is possible through properly funded science".
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Banner 1:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
        Fund Clinical Trials to Cure Paralysis

Banner 2:

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS

My only problem with the word "trials" is that some people might think of it in legal terms. Thoughts?

I'll coordinate with you, Faye, and order them from the same place. I'll have them shipped to you. Sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper:

My only problem with the word "trials" is that some people might think of it in legal terms. Thoughts?
          Alternate words for trial in the Word thesaurus:
          "test, examination, experiment, check, tryout, audition, testing, assessment". Alternate meanings of the word "trial" = hearing (tribunal, court case, judgement), ordeal (hardship, pain, suffering, trouble, misery, distress, burden, worry,difficulty, anxiety, tribulation), experimental (probationary, pilot, provisional, test, sample)

How about "testing" instead of "trial"?
          Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

It's good to be careful, but, If they never heard of a clinical trial I would think we are talking to the wrong people to ask for support.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee:

I think our banners should all read "George Bush, we want the freedom and liberty to have our bodies back again, it is possible through properly funded science".
              CUTE Curt, and so right on! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But at this point we just want to put a face on sci. Most likely after CR's passing, congress does not expect to see us. They expect us to become even more invisible. So the BIG SURPRISE for them will be to see 100 or so wheelchairs clogging up the hall ways of the senate building.

And we will be using one of your key words which also happens to be the current administration's favorite word: FREEDOM [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]( on one of the banners)

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Comment

Originally posted by BigB:

It's good to be careful, but, If they never heard of a clinical trial I would think we are talking to the wrong people to ask for support.
                Again, think of it in terms of seeing a photo. I'm not sure if "clinical trials" is a term that is easily understood by the public. Legislators, yes. Public, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by BigB:
                  Again, think of it in terms of seeing a photo. I'm not sure if "clinical trials" is a term that is easily understood by the public. Legislators, yes. Public, maybe not.
                  Maybe:
                  Fund Treatments to Cure Paralysis

~ Choices Are The Hinges Of Destiny ~

Comment

how about Insuring promising therapies are examined

Comment

Banner 1:

_UNITED, WE WILL STAND_
                      Fund Clinical Trials to Cure Paralysis

Banner 2:

_FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS_

I'll coordinate with you, Faye, and order them from the same place. I'll have them shipped to you. Sound good?
                      Clipper...I agree about the "trials"...Average Joe on the street doesn't know what it means, why it's needed, what are the barriers to them, why we are demonstrating, who's on trial, etc. It's already getting more complicated rather than less.

Faye...I think you hit it right on the head...simple, direct, nothing you have to figure out.

Is this demonstration about getting CRPA passed? (I thought it was) getting more research? attacking President Bush? (as Curtis wants to do) Maybe we need Betheny to write the Mission Statement so everyone is on the same page.

Another suggestion for banner #1:

UNITED WE WILL STAND
                      Fund The Research

Or even just the first line by itself.

Anyway...now I'm up to 4 cents [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Kap

(This space available)
                      accept no substitutes

Comment

Ok how about "UNITED WE WILL STAND, APPROVE THE C.R PARALYSIS BILL AND FUND SCI RESEARCH SO THAT WE TOO MAY HAVE FREEDOM AND LIBERTY"

I hate to say it though, but I really feel that no matter what we say or do it is going to fall on deaf ears knowing what I know about the way things are done these days. Lets face it, our plight is considered a social problem and the trend if anything these days is to cut social programs, at least for the next 4 years.
                        "Life is about how you
                        respond to not only the
                        challenges you're dealt but
                        the challenges you seek...If
                        you have no goals, no
                        mountains to climb, your
                        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by jplw:

I applaud all of you for your efforts. I hope it all comes together like you plan. I don't know what I will be able to do or if I will be able to attend, but you can use my name for Indiana. I will try to keep up on this topic as it unfolds.

jOE
                          Hi Joe, thank you so much for lending us your name! I know that you have done your part, yet, we await to see you make up your mind and try to overcome all difficulties to participate in the MARCH.

Beth, pls add Joe's name at your convenience!

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-24-05 at 02:28 AM.]
                          Suzanne

Comment

How about:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
                            Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act

and

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS
                            Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act ?

Thinking in terms of the picture, this doubles the visual impact of the basic message.

If I wanted to be partisan and divisive, I personally wouldn't go after Bush. Mine would say:

WHICH OF YOU BONEHEADS
                            Tabled the CRPA?

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The demonstration permit app asks if we will use special equipment, such as speakers, a stage. Also the name of our group. I'm leaning towards saying yes, stage and speakers...they're not likely to be upset if we produce less imo. Also, it would be great if Dr. Young could say hi while we're all gathered there, don't you think? Of course I have no clue how we would organize such equipment, being terminally clueless LOL. If the PVA and CAMR participate, our numbers could go as high as (gulp) 200. I'll call CAMR tomorrow if that's OK w/ all. (Wise suggested CAMR. I bet THEY know how to get such equipment, eh? Their HQ is D.C.)

Name of our group? Think fast.

Time for rally? 8:30 till noon?

Maybe I'll wait until Tuesday morning to mail the app.

Faye is right, I bet Washington is thinking they've heard the last of the CRPA with CR's passing.

Mwuuuhaaahaaaaa. Pesky crips. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo
                            Blog:
                            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee:

I hate to say it though, but I really feel that no matter what we say or do it is going to fall on deaf ears knowing what I know about the way things are done these days. Lets face it, our plight is considered a social problem and the trend if anything these days is to cut social programs, at least for the next 4 years.
                              Curt, I hold onto this philosophy: "We continue to do our best until our destiny is revealed"! A quote from a great movie "Last Samurai".

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-24-05 at 08:29 AM.]
                              Suzanne

Comment

Originally posted by Betheny:

How about:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND

and

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS
                                Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act?

Name of our group? Think fast.
                                Beth, perhaps we shouldn't use 'Support the C. Reeve Paralysis Act' twice simply because the majority of folks are not advised of the contents of which. How about:-

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
                                Fund Treatments to Cure Paralysis

followed by

FREEDOM FROM PARALYSIS

Name of our group: how about 'CareCureCommunity - CureParalysisNow'?

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 01-24-05 at 08:24 AM.]
                                Suzanne

Comment

Working...
                                X