Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipper- I will share the cost with you on the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young:

Bigbob, I am planning to attend. I think that it is probably a good idea to get CAMR involved in helping with the agenda and arranging for meetings with legislators. Wise.
      Bigbob, look what you have done for us! You're able to reach the stars in the sky to shine us the way to Washington...

Dr. Young, you would not imagine how much your participation means to us...you never fail to lend us support...sow us love...build us confidence...

Suzanne
      Suzanne

Comment

How about a Federal Statute that requires each state to require a percentage of each speeding ticket to go to SCI research. Sense a majority of SCI injuries are from car accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper:

_UNITED, WE WILL STAND_
          Cure Research Is Freedom From Paralysis

How about that?
          The second line is confusing. It took me 3 reads to figure out what was being said. I think most people think of the word "cure" as a verb and think "cure research...what does research need to be cured of?"

Anyway...something like "Cure Paralysis by funding research." or somesuch...

Kap

(This space available)
          accept no substitutes

Comment

Originally posted by Kaprikorn1:

The second line is confusing. It took me 3 reads to figure out what was being said. I think most people think of the word "cure" as a verb and think "cure research...what does research need to be cured of?"

Ah, yes. Good point. I like your suggestion. So now we have:

UNITED, WE WILL STAND
            Cure Paralysis By Funding Research

Thoughts, everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Obed:

Possible T-Shirt Ideas:

1. Paralysis (with a red circle and slash)
              2. Walk This Way
              3. Persist In Hope
              4. We Can. We Must. We Will.
              5. Support = Cure

Good luck to all concerning this effort.
              Thanks, Obed!

We will work on the T-shirt idea soon! Either we must wear the same T-shirts or we must wear in the same color scheme

Suzanne
              Suzanne

Comment

Just a few thoughts:

1) Looking at this from an outsiders viewpoint...focus needs to be directed to one issue that can be easily understood by the legislators, staff, public, etc. The CRPA accomplishes all of these. Most people have a very limited attention span. It needs to have punch, instant recognition and memorability.

2) This will be our first jump into this type of thing. While many suggestions are indeed lofty...they are also unreal. We are not going to get laws passed, taxes levied, etc. by 1 march with 50 people in wheelchairs and a few meetings. HOWEVER...this will put us on the map and generate press, buzz and excitement both here on CC as well as within other groups that will participate or be watching, and highlight the CRPA and it's stalled passage. That alone will be worth it.

3) As someone mentioned earlier...we need to leave the partisanship at home. Adding your personal feelings about Bush, Iraq, ESC, religion will send us spinning off arguing amoungst ourselves and we'll be defeated before the battle is even joined. Remember, all 3 branches of government are Republican controlled right now, like it or not. Blatant disrespect, condemnation or childish behavior will not get us very far

Kap

(This space available)
                accept no substitutes

Comment

I applaud all of you for your efforts. I hope it all comes together like you plan. I don't know what I will be able to do or if I will be able to attend, but you can use my name for Indiana. I will try to keep up on this topic as it unfolds.

jOE
                  jOE
                  www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper:

_UNITED, WE WILL STAND_
                    Cure Research Is Freedom From Paralysis

How about that?

Kap

(This space available)
                    UNITED, WE WILL STAND
                    Cure Paralysis By Funding Research

Kap, very good revision! But let's wait and see if there will be a better choice.

Suzanne
                    Suzanne

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu:

It would be so "awesome" if Michael J. Fox could honor this event and lend his voice for the "cause".

Should we bomb Michael will plea letters.
                      Malibu, let's do it! Both he and John Kerry should come!!

Suzanne
                      Suzanne

Comment

Faye and Clipper,

I hope we can finalize on the choices of hotel in the next two days!
                        Suzanne

Comment

Kap... I believe in miracles and only one branch has the power. This is still a divided nation with hugh health problems.

So, if we don't get to the heart of the matter then George will have his conscious to face every morning.

He side lined our hero Christopher Reeves. He watched as he was hung out to dry. Who is next.

Paralysis probably touches half of America in one way or another and other nations are going to see us asking for our freedoms that the president of the USA has promised.

I say we hold him to his WORD.

` Signatures for Spinal Cord Research

Comment

Just a few thoughts:

1) Looking at this from an outsiders viewpoint...focus needs to be directed to one issue that can be easily understood by the legislators, staff, public, etc. The CRPA accomplishes all of these. Most people have a very limited attention span. It needs to have punch, instant recognition and memorability.

2) This will be our first jump into this type of thing. While many suggestions are indeed lofty...they are also unreal. We are not going to get laws passed, taxes levied, etc. by 1 march with 50 people in wheelchairs and a few meetings. HOWEVER...this will put us on the map and generate press, buzz and excitement both here on CC as well as within other groups that will participate or be watching, and highlight the CRPA and it's stalled passage. That alone will be worth it.

3) As someone mentioned earlier...we need to leave the partisanship at home. Adding your personal feelings about Bush, Iraq, ESC, religion will send us spinning off arguing amoungst ourselves and we'll be defeated before the battle is even joined. Remember, all 3 branches of government are Republican controlled right now, like it or not. Blatant disrespect, condemnation or childish behavior will not get us very far

Kap
                            Kap, Well Said!

All of the above will be put on record.

Suzanne
                            Suzanne

Comment

Suzanne, your a doll. I visited Michael J. Fox's web site and it is great. Here is start for anyone wanting to make some noise by phone or pen and paper.

If you would like to contact the Foundation, please call toll-free at 1-800-708-7644, or contact us by regular mail at the following address:

The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Grand Central Station
                              P.O. Box 4777
                              New York, NY 10163

John Kerry - ok, why not Mr. Kerry!

` Signatures for Spinal Cord Research

Comment

Kappy-
                                Bout time.[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Good stuff. Got your room booked yet?

Love ya buddy-
                                B

"You need to march. You need to demand action. You need to stop feeling unempowered and do something...Freedom is your right. Until you claim your self-confidence and know your worth, no one will give it to you. It starts with you."-LetsGo
                                Blog:
                                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Working...
                                X