Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 vs 2005

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by scott pruett:

    Sherman, unless you can factually back that statement up with a reputable source, just shut up already. There's absolutely no reason to try and discourage anyone for at least trying. I hope I get to see your reaction when the day comes that you recover some of what's been lost.
    Scott,

    Thank you for expressing the anger for me! I want to stay like a lady...

    Suzanne
    Suzanne

    Comment


      #77
      The gay community raised the money initially for AIDs research, the marched on Washington, protested the state capitals and forced the media to pay attention. The SCI community needs to do the same.
      letsgo

      Good advice!

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Schmeky
        I feel mid-2006-2007 will be the beginning of human trials that may prove significant.
        You could be right here and in addition also FDA approved.
        Last edited by Leif; 8 Nov 2005, 7:18 AM.

        Comment


          #79
          leif, it meant 2006-2007 are for human trials which are approved by FDA.does that include india too for human trials?? or just USA??

          Love,
          Shweta.
          ChemistOnline.in

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Shwetarose
            leif, it meant 2006-2007 are for human trials which are approved by FDA.does that include india too for human trials?? or just USA??

            Love,
            Shweta.
            Hi Shweta. How should I know, I’m just a fellow sitting here by myself on a rock close to the North Pole What I meant by the above post is that it seams like the company Geon will have FDA approvals in the US (if somebody don’t mess it up). I’m not up-to-date when it comes to India - sorry. But I know a lot of things are going on in India these days – have you seen some of the threads I have posted under the India forum?

            Comment


              #81
              Leif,

              Of course I was right . Seriously, my 2006-2007 clinical trial initiation was based on feedback I had obtained from various research groups, so in reality, it was not a guess. Hopefully, at least one method will prove beneficial.

              Like you, I share information, be it good or bad.

              Comment


                #82
                I know - feedback or some inside information is good to have, you get a kind of hands-on feeling that way. Be nice to your inside contacts :-) A qualified guess you had then I would say. And I hope it turns out that way.
                Last edited by Leif; 8 Nov 2005, 10:23 AM.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Leif - I think Geron is using only ESC-derived oligodendrocyte precursors. Aren't they simply trying to achieve remylination..... and possibly bridging? Their animal model might produce a mild injury very biased toward improvement from oligodendrocyte transplant. I've never gotten excited about it.
                  ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Jeff
                    Leif - I think Geron is using only ESC-derived oligodendrocyte precursors. Aren't they simply trying to achieve remylination..... and possibly bridging? Their animal model might produce a mild injury very biased toward improvement from oligodendrocyte transplant. I've never gotten excited about it.
                    Thanks Jeff. I also did see your other post in the Geron thread. Thanks again. I think I know what you are saying about oligodendrocyte precursors and remyelination, I did read some at their website as well. This specific procedure probably will not do me or you some good for the time being. But that they are going into the clinics are great regardless. I also heard on radio here a few months ago that Hans Keirsted and his team also had plans for chronics like me and you. Guess they have more rats in their Lab. One stone at the time. I’m happy for any progress in this research field for SCI. I also believe that Geron has more in the pocket that hopefully can gain us also some happy day. I have good faith in this company and their coalition partners. By Geron going into clinical trails this hopefully also will put some pressure on other research groups I hope. Thanks again.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Leif
                      Hi Shweta. How should I know, I’m just a fellow sitting here by myself on a rock close to the North Pole What I meant by the above post is that it seams like the company Geon will have FDA approvals in the US (if somebody don’t mess it up). I’m not up-to-date when it comes to India - sorry. But I know a lot of things are going on in India these days – have you seen some of the threads I have posted under the India forum?

                      Nope:-(:-( i hvnt seen India section...i just surfed now after u told.i subscribed..i usually read cure forum only as i think all are posting worldwide going things with research in this forum...neways i subscribe n yes leif how will u know :-) but u post much so i felt asking u abv the topic as u seem so mucchh knowledgable n veryyy active :-)

                      Warmest regards,
                      Shweta.
                      ChemistOnline.in

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Shweta. I'm not a MD, just a person like you, searching info for my SCI. Here is the forum section i talked about; http://carecure.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Leif
                          Shweta. I'm not a MD, just a person like you, searching info for my SCI. Here is the forum section i talked about; http://carecure.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78

                          Thanks
                          That was compliment , i know u r not MD. i subscribed to thread:-)
                          ChemistOnline.in

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X