My Father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Father

Hello everyone, I am sorry to tell everyone that sci has struck twice in my family. My 79 year old father fell the monday before Thanksgiving and has recieved a compression injury at the c-5 level. This is almost the exact same injury as mine. He is currently in the icu at Detroit Recieving Hospital, which is part of the DMC. This is crazy eh..... He is in critical but stable condition awaiting decompression surgery. They have attempted twice but complications due to other health problems have caused a delay. Please put my mom and dad in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks Bob. Moderators,if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it, Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm very sorry to hear this. No family should have to go through this once, much less twice.

Stay Strong,
    Sue
    Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

Bob,
      Hearts are with your family.
      So very sorry this had to happen. Your Dad will need your strength now.

" I hate war only as a soldier who has lived it can.
      Only as one who has seen it's brutality, it's futility, it's stupidness." Dwight D. Eisenhower
      Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Am praying for you Bob.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
        Gandolf the Gray
        http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Bob,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Wow, too unbelievable.....and really tough to deal with at age 79. I'll keep you, your family and especially your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Faye

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Comment

Hello Bob,

Unreal! My family's prayers are with you and yours.

Ronnie

Comment

Bob -

So sorry to hear of this. Your family is in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

I wanted to add - the worst things always happen to the best people. A roomate in the hospital when I was twelve told me that and I never forgot it.

Jenn

[This message was edited by lynnifer on 12-04-04 at 11:00 PM.]
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Bob,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father, and your family.

This is just too cruel. Once is too many, twice is unbelievable. I am very sorry.

My best wishes for recovery to your Father.

Darlene

Comment

handibob, your mom, dad, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I always enjoyed reading your posts. Hope they find a cure soon for all of us with the unhappy fortune of SCI. Till then I know you and your family will pull through.

Comment

Know that all of our thoughts and prayers are with you Bob. Since having a SCI, I always thought that at least the rest of my family was safe from experiencing this, as the chances of SCI to hit twice in one family would be unbelievable. It shows you never know. You and your father will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Comment

Hadibob, oyy. This is terrible. I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope that surgery goes well and that he recovers. Wise.

Comment

Bob I will keep you all in my prayers.

~~~Honesty is the best policy~~~Treat others as you would like to be treated~~~Play hard, but play fairly~~~
                        "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Comment

Best wishes for success.Our prayers are with you.

Comment

Bob, so sorry this has happened to your father. Falls are the number one cause of SCI in people over the age of 60.

At his age, he is likely to be a military veteran of WWII or Korea. If he was ever in the military, please get him to a VA SCI center ASAP. The private sector (and Medicare) will not give him enough rehab time (people at his age need a longer program), and the VA is a good place to get rehab. The closest one to you is probably either Cleveland or Chicago (Hines) depending on where he actually lives. You can post on the New SCI forum as well if you wish.

(KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you all from deeply in my heart. We are all truly a family here, and I really can't express Thank you enough from my family. Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X