No announcement yet.

URGENT ACTION ALERT!!!! SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO UN DELEGATES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post, but been reading for months, wanted to make sure its ok to copy and paste Faye's post to everybody in my mailbox. We need to stop this.

I sent mine....
    Roger

Comment

Hello all, I just sent my email to mjordan.

Comment

Faye, I sent mine and will also ask my family and friends to help.

Leia

"This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; your my only hope."

Comment

Faye,

I just sent my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by RU:

My first post, but been reading for months, wanted to make sure its ok to copy and paste Faye's post to everybody in my mailbox. We need to stop this.

I sent mine....
            Roger
            Roger, Hallina, lel42, bassplaya and Leia, thanks for YOUR messages to the UN !

And Roger, my posts can always be copied.
            Thank you for asking though, and welcome to CC [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Faye

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Comment

just thought I'd let everybody know. Don't know if it will help, but I hope it does, I'm ready to get out of this chair as we all are, and anything they can try may help. Anyway i sent an e-mail to everybody in my address book at 3:30 and asked them to let me know if they sent a letter for us. Its now 5:30 and 7 replies of yes already.
              I was kinda excited and wanted to let everybody know.
              Roger

Comment

Hi Faye,

I just sent my letter....way to go!

Sincerely,

http://www.freewebs.com/questforthespinalinjurycure/

Doug B.
                Here's Hoping!

Comment

I just finished sending mine.

Comment

Just sent mine too!

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
                    Arlington Cemetery is full of soldiers—the presidents buried there are few and far between. -Rusty VanReeves

Comment

Originally posted by RU:

just thought I'd let everybody know. Don't know if it will help, but I hope it does, I'm ready to get out of this chair as we all are, and anything they can try may help. Anyway i sent an e-mail to everybody in my address book at 3:30 and asked them to let me know if they sent a letter for us. Its now 5:30 and 7 replies of yes already.
                      I was kinda excited and wanted to let everybody know.
                      Roger
                      Roger that is GREAT news!!! I realized I had not yet forwarded the Action Alert to my local e-mail list, so I've now done the same. I'll keep everyone updated on how many people on my local e-mail list are responding too.

And thank you Doug, Chaz and Soulmate for your messages sent to the UN Delegates.

I just found an article which talks about the concerns CA prop. 71 organizers have with the threat of an impending UN ban on Stem Cell Research.

California Pushes Stem Cell Plan as UN Weighs Ban

48 minutes ago U.S. National - Reuters

By Leonard Anderson

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California is moving quickly to launch a $3 billion stem cell research program approved by voters this month even as the United States is leading a campaign at the United Nations (news - web sites) to ban all cloning of human embryos, including for stem cell studies.

California's proposition 71, approved in the Nov. 2 election, calls for the state to fund $300 million a year in stem-cell research over 10 years. Last week the state began appointing members of an oversight panel and it has started evaluating plans for new labs and research sites.

Researchers hope to cure diseases like diabetes and Alzheimer's by using stem cells, master cells which are used to generate new blood and tissue. They can come from a variety of sources, but those taken from days-old human embryos seem to have the most flexibility, although scientists agree much more research is needed.

Although a U.N. ban on research would be unlikely to halt California's efforts, it could stifle international cooperation with U.S. scientists, research advocates said.

"We are very concerned with U.S. pressure to try to ban international work in stem cell research," said Robert Klein, a wealthy real estate developer and author of proposition 71 which was backed by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (news - web sites) .

"It would be unfortunate if the U.N. took that position, but it's not enforceable in California as I understand it," said John Doerr, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist and a supporter of the research.

The United States and Costa Rica have put forward a plan at the United Nations for a treaty that would ban cloning human embryos for stem cell or similar research -- known as "therapeutic cloning" -- as well as the cloning of human beings.

Opponents have suggested instead a declaration of principle leaving policy decisions on research to individual governments.

SEARCH FOR COMPROMISE

At the United Nations, the two sides have had talks in search of a compromise but no agreement has been reached yet. A General Assembly committee has scheduled a vote for Friday.....

Source

~It's troubling that exit polls and vote totals were so far out of whack. "I've spent my whole life in marketing. The difference is clearly beyond any sampling variability. ... The community of statisticians and media experts need to not let this be dropped"~ Bill Hawkes, a retired A.C. Nielsen Co. statistician.

Comment

Done deal, Faye. Seeing and talking with you has my activist juices flowing again.

Marilyn

Comment

Faye,
                          Done. Thank you so much for all of your continuous work, especially for those of us who just don't have the time to stay on top of everything. I can not tell you how much my family appreciates the dedication and drive exhibited by so many on these pages. Everyday you put sun light into our lives, (Bubo excluded - this poor man needs to get a life)

Bostondad father of c4/5 incomplete son

Comment

Originally posted by Bostondad:

Faye,
                            Done. Thank you so much for all of your continuous work, especially for those of us who just don't have the time to stay on top of everything. I can not tell you how much my family appreciates the dedication and drive exhibited by so many on these pages.
                            Bostondad father of c4/5 incomplete son
                            Thanks Bostondad! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                            We definitely need people like you, who actively get involved with the hard work being done by various people on these boards.

Toots, I was such a pleasure meeting you in Orlando the other day.....the bond created while doing our Cure advocacy is just incredible. I felt like I had known you forever....

Let's get some more people sending their messages to the UN Delegates! So far we've only had one CC member confirmation posted TODAY.

Maybe the following letter from a disabled Veteran will be an incentive to send out YOUR CC member message:

Dear Honorable Delegate to The United Nations

I have very serious heart disease and diabetes which I believe therapeutic cloning and stem cell therapies might help.

The world can and should agree to ban human reproductive cloning, which is dangerous to mother and unborn child; but therapeutic cloning for stem cells is a blessing.

In therapeutic cloning there is no sperm involved, nor any implantation in the uterus, nor any womb at all...and absolutely no miniature humans. Therapeutic cloning research is supported by the American Medical Association, (AMA), the US National Academy of Sciences, and many more national and international scientific and medical organizations.

Please VOTE NO! On the Costa Rica tissue cloning ban.

Thank You,

TRAVIS L. BRIDGES
                            Chairman, Veteran Issues Committee
                            Of Northeast Florida (USA)

Comment

I got 4 more confirmations this morning.
                              including mine thats 12 so far

Roger

Comment

Sent mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X