fall of 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fall of 2005

seeing all the progress being made, will any new treatments be ready in the fall of 2005??

In the US, I doubt it! Give the MP about 3 years before they get there combinations trials going in humans.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

Comment

yes, write it in stone.

Comment

Da,
        Are you serious?

Comment

soap stone so it can wash away next year!
          Jake's Pop

Comment

Originally posted by mka:

Da,
            Are you serious?
            yes i am. dont let the nay sayers discourage you. they doubted my first generation prediction in 2001 too.

Comment

DA:

There is still no first generation treatments in USA? Is the USA waiting for the big 3rd generation cure?

JJG
              Jake's Pop

Comment

Of course new treatments will be 'ready'. But what good will that do us? Combo treatments that could get 50% of us 50% function back are 'ready' now. They just will take years to be replicated, reverified, repeated in various doses and various types of injuries, etc.

Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. J. J.:

DA:

There is still no first generation treatments in USA?
                  first, there is some first generation here in usa. you must be talking about no oeg.
                  second, in 2001 i wanted first generation. its 2004, i no longer care or want first generation.
                  i want second and third generation.

Is the USA waiting for the big 3rd generation cure?

JJG
                  that would be nice to skip straight to 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by quadfather:

Of course new treatments will be 'ready'. But what good will that do us? Combo treatments that could get 50% of us 50% function back are 'ready' now. They just will take years to be replicated, reverified, repeated in various doses and various types of injuries, etc.

Sucks.
                    you mean footdragging. dont under estimate the thrill and prestige of being first. mp sped up when it realized it wasnt leading research and nobody was looking to them as leaders.

Comment

I'm a c5 c6 quad complete with no movement below injury & I dont want a half a cure but it would be nice to have full hand control and no neuro pain, especially no neuro pain.

And it would be great if this can happen at about...I would say...right now.
                      A CURE NOW!

Comment

first, there is some first generation here in usa.
                        What? 4-AP

Unfortunately, the system doesn't work that way.

QuadPro is right, there will be years of dosage studies, toxicity studies, contoversey among researchers on delivery methods, etc. We still have no money for human clinical trials.

MP has an "effective" acute therapy and they say 3-5 more years before human application, and this is for a phase I, and although I hate to admit it, MP is the current leader in SCI research.

Comment

Originally posted by DA:

Originally posted by Dr. J. J.:
                          DA:

There is still no first generation treatments in USA?
                          first, there is some first generation here in usa. you must be talking about no oeg.
                          second, in 2001 i wanted first generation. its 2004, i no longer care or want first generation.
                          i want second and third generation.

Is the USA waiting for the big 3rd generation cure?

JJG
                          I almost think that second-generation will cure 80%.

Time to ride not roll
                          A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Comment

Originally posted by Schmeky:

first, there is some first generation here in usa.
                            What? 4-AP
                            AC, treadmill, xeno, etc
                            Unfortunately, the system doesn't work that way.
                            sure it does. scientist aren't bound by the generation rules. a bold scientist can go to trial today with 3rd generation. ofcourse he would need money and fellow scientist would attack him for going to trial premature;not enough data, no peer review, unproven methods, blah blah blah. keep in mind that mr bold scientist can do his trials, however if he screwsup he can set us back.

QuadPro is right, there will be years of dosage studies, toxicity studies, contoversey among researchers on delivery methods, etc. We still have no money for human clinical trials.
                            some of those things are being now, others will be done clinical trials. reguardless, many ppl will get a lot of function return when second generation start.

MP has an "effective" acute therapy and they say 3-5 more years before human application, and this is for a phase I, and although I hate to admit it, MP is the current leader in SCI research.
                            mp and other researchers have little respect for our minds. they think we cant handle the truth. i wouldnt be surprised when the fda clears a sci cure, mp will still preach another 50 years.

Comment

AC, treadmill, xeno, etc
                              DA, Sorry, but that's stretching the definition of 1st gen.

[QUOTE] a bold scientist can go to trial today with 3rd generation. ofcourse he would need money and fellow scientist would attack him for going to trial premature;not enough data, no peer review, unproven methods, blah blah blah. keep in mind that mr bold scientist can do his trials, however if he screwsup he can set us back.
                              /QUOTE]

Go to school for 20 years, do research for several years, build a reputation, then go WAY out on a limb and blow a 6 figure income. . . .

I respect your opinion, but your rationale really has no rational supportive basis. Please PROVE me wrong!!

mp and other researchers have little respect for our minds.
                              Who else is a quantum leap ahead of MP? Even Dr. young is trying to replicate their work.

Comment

Working...
                              X