No announcement yet.

"Fast Tracked" for SCI? Why I never believed it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many people have and are spending efforts to solve the SCI conditions, and will continue. Progress is very, very SLOW. COVID-19 is here NOW and immediate. We have a good idea on how to solve it NOW. If not dealt with fast, it will cause way more health and death issues than SCI ever thought of.

Apparently the daily death toll from the corona virus just surpassed the average daily death toll from automobile accidents. (source not confirmed)

Originally posted by Rick1 View Post

Solve for the underlying conditions.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Well, I guess we can all agree on one thing. Progress toward SCI solutions will continue to be, "very, very SLOW."
      Know Thyself

Comment

Originally posted by Rick1 View Post
        Well, I guess we can all agree on one thing. Progress toward SCI solutions will continue to be, "very, very SLOW."
        So its not going to slow down then :-)

Comment

sorry, I apologize, this post just irked me ever since I made it. I see it as insensitive to all the work Wise and team are doing and was born out of frustration and anger at my situation, I am stuck. I "think' my frustration is actually more directed at the FDA or IRB or whatever is not allowing the trials to start NOW...it's like there is a real chance to better my life and it's on hold ...constant and frequent hospitalizations knock my hope down a peg every time
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Having to deal with a SCI or similar is stressful enough, the current problems in the world are just adding even more stress.

Stay Safe and Stay Well

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
            sorry, I apologize, this post just irked me ever since I made it. I see it as insensitive to all the work Wise and team are doing and was born out of frustration and anger at my situation, I am stuck. I "think' my frustration is actually more directed at the FDA or IRB or whatever is not allowing the trials to start NOW...it's like there is a real chance to better my life and it's on hold ...constant and frequent hospitalizations knock my hope down a peg every time
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-MN View Post
              Having to deal with a SCI or similar is stressful enough, the current problems in the world are just adding even more stress.

Stay Safe and Stay Well

thanks man
              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
                I think Luna was saying that they don’t really do everything they can to try find a cure for sci
                I suppose because the Coronavirus is bad for economy, while sci benefits it
                yeah, that....

Comment

I don’t think as many people as you might think are working on the covid-19 virus. I think it’s more that anything they learn is newsworthy when everyone is freaking out about the pandemic. For example the pharmaceutical companies aren’t doing anything about it because there is no money to be made on a vaccine. With regards to sci anything that they might learn, unless they can put a huge dollar amount on it and insurance companies can be forced into paying for it they won’t have any motivation to pursue it. How many years ago was it now that they had those 4 complete paras up and walking with crutches by the themselves? Nt They were doing e-stim around the injury site. They were supposed to ramp up the number of participants the next year, but I’ve heard nothing. I’m thinking 3 years, but it might be mor. Also a couple of people went to other countries to get stem cell treatments. Did they get healed and bail on care cure or was it no help orbwhat?

Comment

Just wanna put in my 2 cents. I believe an all out care is many years away. Simple fact as the great Chas Carson once told us, it's not a death sentence in the mean time I have noticed a lot of neurologists are simply experimenting on the side. Well maybe not all. Doctor Wise is dedicated to this cause, don't know about any others though. Cure will come by way of trickle down research.
                    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
                    Bob Seger

Comment

Working...
                    X