"Fast Tracked" for SCI? Why I never believed it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fast Tracked" for SCI? Why I never believed it

see how they responded to this virus and are quickly coming up with a treatment and a vaccine for this virus but "fast Tracked" status for an SCI treatment still involves years. Not saying anything totally concrete but when medical professionals say that they are doing ALL they can for SCI... I just never bought that wording ...it might be a little apples and Oranges comparison but essentialy my opinion still stands
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Too right.

They are now moving to test Corona virus vaccines on humans bypassing the animal phase.
    When we even suggest this, we get told by the "experts" that it can't be done.

Hmmm, it can't be done - until it effects them and then it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by niallel View Post
      Too right.

They are now moving to test Corona virus vaccines on humans bypassing the animal phase.

but the weird thing is ...it does affect "them", there are plenty of important people and people in government with sci..just a bit of a head scratcher to me

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Not true.

Originally posted by niallel View Post
        Too right.

NOT TRUE.

President Trump signed "Try Act" on May 30, 2018 creating a uniform system for terminal patients seeking access to investigational treatments.

If it hasn't dawned on you, we are at war. World War III. We were told for many years WWIII will be nuclear. No, viral. We are invaded by an alien biological enemy, COVID-19 virus.

Stock market has fallen 10,000+ points, no food on the stores' shelves, unemployment rising, The government taking over private industries (Defense Production Act) to produced face masks, ventilators, medical gowns, medical supplies, medicines. Hospitals are being built inside of stadiums. We are at war now.

Every county in world is being attacked. Every man, women and child has to help fight this alien biological enemy or it will kill us.

If you caught the virus, what are your chances of surviving it especially if you have a comorbid condition already plus a respiratory issue from your spinal cord injury like I do? I am injured at C6 incomplete C7, insufficient respiratory.

Right now, what is more important to you? A way to cure this virus or how to heal the spinal cord?

For me, find a way to stop this virus, a cure or vaccine. You?

Ti
        "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

SCI affects how many across the globe? The corona virus has the chance to affect 7.4 billion across the globe, and NOW. BIG difference.
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

I can see a lot of panic here... the media does a great job helping, with the panic
            Do you know, in the US alone, since October the Flu killed 55,000 people. Think about that

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-MN View Post
              SCI affects how many across the globe? The corona virus has the chance to affect 7.4 billion across the globe, and NOW. BIG difference.
              I think Luna was saying that they don’t really do everything they can to try find a cure for sci
              I suppose because the Coronavirus is bad for economy, while sci benefits it

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
                NOT TRUE.

President Trump signed "Try Act" on May 30, 2018 creating a uniform system for terminal patients seeking access to investigational treatments.

If it hasn't dawned on you, we are at war. World War III. We were told for many years WWIII will be nuclear. No, viral. We are invaded by an alien biological enemy, COVID-19 virus.

Stock market has fallen 10,000+ points, no food on the stores' shelves, unemployment rising, The government taking over private industries (Defense Production Act) to produced face masks, ventilators, medical gowns, medical supplies, medicines. Hospitals are being built inside of stadiums. We are at war now.

Every county in world is being attacked. Every man, women and child has to help fight this alien biological enemy or it will kill us.

If you caught the virus, what are your chances of surviving it especially if you have a comorbid condition already plus a respiratory issue from your spinal cord injury like I do? I am injured at C6 incomplete C7, insufficient respiratory.

Right now, what is more important to you? A way to cure this virus or how to heal the spinal cord?

Ti
                Nice straw man, that ignores the point that was discussed.
                No one said we shouldn't be focusing on a vaccine or stopping Corona virus.
                Of course I don't want anyone to die from it.

The point is that if the rules on what is needed to find cures change, they should change for all conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
                  NOT TRUE.

Ti

*yawn*

Comment

SCI has the "chance" to affect 7.4 billion people too, talk about a strawman argument

Comment

I think we are comparing apples to moons here.

1. No one knows how to mend the spinal cord. Period. The medical community create vaccines every year. They know exactly how to do it, but it takes time.

2. The 1918 H1N1 virus killed 50 million world wide. No one wants that these days.

3. People panic when they think they might catch a disease. No one thinks they will catch an SCI.

Sorry, but the only people who care about SCI are working on it. Let's just hope none of them are severely affected by this.

Comment

Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
                        I think we are comparing apples to moons here.

1. No one knows how to mend the spinal cord. Period. The medical community create vaccines every year. They know exactly how to do it, but it takes time.

2. The 1918 H1N1 virus killed 50 million world wide. No one wants that these days.

3. People panic when they think they might catch a disease. No one thinks they will catch an SCI.

Sorry, but the only people who care about SCI are working on it. Let's just hope none of them are severely affected by this.

Yeah ,we are unfortunately on the backburner of lifes problems; an afterthought....which just sucks and brings me back around to the point of my original post ...it stinks! Mst3k

Comment

Ho-hum...

I guess one person's "fast track" is another person's "slow-boat-to-wherever."

And now the "rolling fives" have been replaced by "decades of disruption."

Except, nobody seems to know what "disruption" really means....

Hint: It won't happen from the inside.
                          Know Thyself

Comment

I stand by my original statement. Note that many on this website are extra susceptible to the potential impacts from COVID-19.

This applies not just to SCI but other diseases and conditions, but I wonder how many who advocate for more research and assistance for a given condition were doing so before they were impacted by said condition. My opinion, not many at all.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Try it like this:

Most people who get Covid-19 will recover within a couple of weeks - with and without treatment - and be no worse for the wear. Some won't ever even know they had it.

Unfortunately, some people will die. But, most of the deaths will be related to various underlying conditions.

SCI is a particularly vulnerable underlying condition.

Solve for the underlying conditions.
                              Know Thyself

Comment

Working...
                              X