4 AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything new about 4 A

Have any from this thread or anyone at all kept taking 4AP? Is there any new news for spinal cord injured involving this drug? And could a person having had a Tramatic Brain Injury take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post

For spinal cord injury, as much as 40 mg per day (in four 10 mg doses) of the immediate release formulation have been recommended. The immediate release version achieves higher peaks and clears out more rapidly. Therefore, it produces more side-effects and more drugs are required to maintain a sustained serum level. One should not be comparing immediate release and sustained release.

Wise.
      Dr Wise I manged to have the Fampyra Prolonged release (which is as i understood = Ampyra sustained release ), i am taking 10mg twice a day since one week, i have SCI, no adverse affects, i do feel more energetic, and maybe I have some other minor doubtful improvements.

you said that One should not be comparing immediate release and sustained release, however, How can I increase the dose? do i take two tablets instead of one? or should i take one every 8 hours?

a study ( http://www.arcmedres.com/article/S01...296-1/abstract ) and some anecdotes suggest that a higher dose might produce more benefits for SCI's, so i am thinking how to do this and hoping you can help with some info.

Thanks

Comment

I also would like to hear from people who have tried 4AP. My son (C5 incomplete, 5 years since injury) took 10 mg 2 x day for 30 days (we were only able to get a 1 month supply as it is not yet distributed where we live) with no noticeable effects. He would now like to try the higher dose recommended for spinal cord injury patients to see if this is more effective. Has anyone tried the 40 mg / day regimen and with what results?

Comment

Originally posted by mamadavid View Post
          I also would like to hear from people who have tried 4AP. My son (C5 incomplete, 5 years since injury) took 10 mg 2 x day for 30 days (we were only able to get a 1 month supply as it is not yet distributed where we live) with no noticeable effects. He would now like to try the higher dose recommended for spinal cord injury patients to see if this is more effective. Has anyone tried the 40 mg / day regimen and with what results?
          Yes, but I was in clinical trials. To read the thread, click here.
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
          ––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X