Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Breakthrough in spinal cord injury treatment (interview with doctor Wise Young)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jim
    Do you if foreign people can apply to the Fda for compassionate use?
    Do you know if standing is also controlled by the CPG like walking, I mean people who have already received the therapy can stand alone?
    Thanks by advance

Comment

Hi Naty,

I am told that anyone can apply for the trial. The surgeons choose who will be in the trial. A critical part is returning for follow up exams at 1 and 2 years. If they are concerned you may not come back for these, will be less likely to choose you. (Just my thought.)

As you may have heard, it is tougher to get into the US these days. Here's what you would need- https://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/parti...info/visa.html

The goal at the end of the 1st 2 weeks of therapy (post-op) is to stand 6 hrs per day. You start off in a standing frame, some at the end are able to stand with minimal or no assistance at all. The CPG is not involved.

Comment

Thanks Jim,
        I think i don’t understand what is compassionate use!
        I was thinking it was apart from the trial, something more commercial.
        Can you explain me please
        Thanks

Comment

They took 20 individuals with "chronic complete" injuries and 15 were walking after the trial? Nobody thought videoing this would be significant? I find this extremely hard to believe. None of the 15 people were stoked enough to post a personal vid on youtube after? In this day and age? Come on man...

Comment

I've seen the videos, read the published paper- https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....6368916X691411

Comment

I hope they are on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by smity50 View Post
                They took 20 individuals with "chronic complete" injuries and 15 were walking after the trial? Nobody thought videoing this would be significant? I find this extremely hard to believe. None of the 15 people were stoked enough to post a personal vid on youtube after? In this day and age? Come on man...
                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  I've seen the videos, read the published paper- https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....6368916X691411
                  I have seen the video of the best subject, nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

Just show the videos, please.
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Apparently there are videos but Theyre not showing them "now" I think for reasons I don't understand and I think some privacy reasons that I don't agree with frankly... I mean if I was some previously paralyzed Chinese dood that took part in the trial and am walking now, I would WANT them to release videos just to show my brethren that there is hope
                    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                      Apparently there are videos but Theyre not showing them "now" I think for reasons I don't understand and I think some privacy reasons that I don't agree with frankly... I mean if I was some previously paralyzed Chinese dood that took part in the trial and am walking now, I would WANT them to release videos just to show my brethren that there is hope
                      It goes against the scientific communities process of only revealing information in papers months/years after it happened so they can showcase their findings over their peers.

And the people who really care and could benefit? Well they can just .... off.

Comment

I've seen the videos, read the published paper
                        Jim, can you post a link to the videos please?

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                          I have seen the video of the best subject, nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

paolocipolla, where did you see the video? Would you post the link please?

Comment

Originally posted by GreaseLightning View Post
                            Jim, can you post a link to the videos please?
                            I have seen the videos because I work for Dr Young. He does show them at Open Houses, and sometimes when he gives talks.

Comment

I have seen the videos because I work for Dr Young. He does show them at Open Houses, and sometimes when he gives talks.
                              Has that Open House been videotaped? Since all of us can't get to Rutgers, it would be nice to have links to videos of Open House events, if there are such videos. And if there are no videos currently, is it possible that this can be done going forward?

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcS...FLLCgPobX/view

Paolo, are you a complete injury? If this isn't exciting to you, then I imagine you must be incomplete because this is pretty damn exciting to me. Dude barely has any muscle at all and is doing pretty good for having a complete SCI.

Comment

Working...
                                X