Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looking at 2019

    I know we are already 2 months into this year. Is anybody looking forward to anything this year as far as research goes? Don?t follow it like I use too. Any clinical trials coming up this year that are promising?

    #2
    Great idea to put all of these in one thread.

    For starters here are 2 or 3 that have a path to become mainstream treatments, hope there are others.

    The SCInetUSA trial talked about here all the time
    WiseCC.pdf


    The ReNetX trial
    https://www.renetx.com

    Also the NRT trial might come about for FDA approval this year.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by niallel View Post
      Great idea to put all of these in one thread.

      For starters here are 2 or 3 that have a path to become mainstream treatments, hope there are others.

      The SCInetUSA trial talked about here all the time
      WiseCC.pdf


      The ReNetX trial
      https://www.renetx.com

      Also the NRT trial might come about for FDA approval this year.
      What exactly is ReNetX? What do they do and is it promising?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
        What exactly is ReNetX? What do they do and is it promising?
        IMHO, anything that's being developed is promising:

        https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...718-story.html

        https://www.nhregister.com/connectic...s-11729099.php

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
          What exactly is ReNetX? What do they do and is it promising?
          Chronic was discussed last month in this thread.

          /forum/showthread.php?263814-Hey-Santa-what-happened-to-a-cure-for-christmas&p=1871178&viewfull=1#post1871178
          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

          Comment


            #6
            Sweet! thanks Grammy!

            Comment


              #7
              Maybe we'll have a cure in 25 years.

              Comment


                #8
                5 years! There'll be a cure in 5 years! At least that's what I was told in 1972.
                "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  I don't know why people try to make such predictions. One would have thought there could have been a cure for cancer by now too but it hasn't happened.
                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think we know why... $$ $$
                    Know Thyself

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Rick1 View Post
                      I think we know why... $$ $$
                      I doubt a research grant is more desirable than the billions a cancer cure would be worth to a scientist. Nobody would burn a 100 billion dollar winning lottery ticket just to have a job to go to next week.
                      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                        I doubt a research grant is more desirable than the billions a cancer cure would be worth to a scientist. Nobody would burn a 100 billion dollar winning lottery ticket just to have a job to go to next week.
                        Of course... I was simply referring to the earlier comment about why people "make such (five year) predictions."

                        Bottom line: A perpetual grant cycle can be as much a career strategy as it is a valuable research asset.
                        Know Thyself

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Going back to the original question, does anyone know of any others?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                            I don't know why people try to make such predictions. One would have thought there could have been a cure for cancer by now too but it hasn't happened.
                            There has been enormous progress in the treatment of most cancer types in the past 20 years. Survival from and complete eradication of a person's cancer disease is common. Incurable HIV has been cured in some cases.

                            Meanwhile, there have been no effective commercial treatments developed and available for chronic SCI. Ever.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by quadfather View Post
                              There has been enormous progress in the treatment of most cancer types in the past 20 years. Survival from and complete eradication of a person's cancer disease is common. Incurable HIV has been cured in some cases.

                              Meanwhile, there have been no effective commercial treatments developed and available for chronic SCI. Ever.
                              SCI also hasn't had more than a tiny sliver of the money and manpower that HIV or cancer has had for the past 20 years.
                              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X